Who's still on Archimonde [horde]

i started playing babalugats (mage) on archi a few days ago, but then realized that playing by yourself and getting butt raped in pvp in lvl 70-80 gear was as fun as wiping my ass with a pine cone. 2-3 shotted every time by melee lol

lol babaloo!

That processor is still kinda old, not sure the vid card would make a whole lot of difference. I'd say if you have the cash try and grab some parts and build a new rig.

I would say if you got a new mobo/cpu/RAM, your 7900 would look fine. However, if you upgrade your video card, your performance gain will be minimal. WoW is not a video card dependant game.

That is why I keep thinking I would go for the motherboard and CPU upgrade, I don't think the ram is my problem, but the CPU is something that I see holding me back.

New content in WoW is pretty damn aggressive on most machines, you'd be best to just upgrade it all at once (mobo, ram, cpu, gpu); doing 2-3 pieces just delays the inevitable of part #4.

WoW runs like shit on my computer in 25 mans and I have a pretty good system (Q9550, 6GB memory, 8800GT 512mb).

I have an identical system, and wow runs ok in 25 mans, but drops below 20 fps. Hell, sometimes Dal drops below 20 fps.

I originally had 2 gigs of ram and when I upgraded, it made a huge difference on load times and fps.

It's funny/sad too; you go to the old world or Hellfire and get like 150 fps nonstop, and you realize how much chatter you've grown accustomed to by how crazily liquid smooth the older zones are.

I dropped my ground clutter a lot and it helped bigtime though. That and viewable distance.

Back