Patch 3.3

If he's doing that same shit for multiple toons then I don't blame him. He's tanking so he'll have instant queues for the next group so I'm sure he forgot about that run less than 5 minutes after it ended. I also don't do bosses I don't have to do, skip 2-3 in Old Kingdom, skip at least one in UP, etc. If you can turn a 20 minute run into a 6-8min run you can bet I'll do it the short way. If you need the emblems you'll queue more than once anyways and still get them. People wanting to skip nothing (or farm every fucking mob in the new instance) are about as bad as the ones begging to do achievements these days.
Because people using RANDOM DUNGEON FINDER never need Emblem of Triumph?

Just because you don't need something doesn't mean you should be a prick to the 4 other people with you. You didn't sign up for a 1-boss speed run to save 5 minutes of your precious time at the expense of 4 others.

And by being a dick he wasted the 10-15 minutes we had already spent in the instance and got nothing to show for it but a repair bill.

That's the funny thing about this game. You get the huge fucking nerds who think their purple pixels with more gearscore than yours make them top shit and anybody who doesn't devote half of their waking hours to grinding out the best purples is "newb".

I don't care, I get more enjoyment out of wasting his time than I normally would get grinding heroics.

Last edited:
No I think you read it wrong. If he's using random dungeon finder beyond his daily random heroic then I agree with you, but most people I know only do one heroic for the emblems of frost and then do something else or hop on another toon to do the same. If you need triumph emblems still you're probably queuing multiple times and getting them anyways.

If groups are good and as tank I'm not half the damage done then extra bosses don't add much time because they just fall over with little effort, but sometimes you accept a daily random heroic group and nobody is above 1.5k dps besides the tank so there's no way in hell I'd sign up to make it take any longer than I have to. The only instance I try to skip everything on is Old Kingdom, you can turn a 30-45minute instance into barely more than 10minutes if your group is fine with only killing 2 bosses instead of 5.

If you seriously want to farm emblems you're better off finding a friend who can tank and one that can heal or perform one of the 2 yourself and queue as long as you can stand it. A guildmate's druid just hit 80 not long ago and in a week picked up 4pc 9.5 tanking set by buying all the trophies in our gdkp run last week after farming almost 300 emblems in a weekend doing random heroics with friends. He spent maybe 5k buying the trophies but probably made a good chunk of that from the rewards for running random heroics for 8 hours a day across 3 days.

The best time is when you get Occulus. Second time around on my huntard and I convinced the rest of the group they nerfed this shit out of it (which they did) we crashed through it without a wipe but missed the 20-minute mark due to one person accidentally getting too close to drakes/whelps and dying to them and even when that happened three times we hit Eregos with 30 seconds on the clock. It's so easy now it's kind of silly.

The only thing that really irks me is when people greed on boss drops when there's an enchanter present. I could see random greens that drop off trash or even a blue BoE but a boss drop? If you can't use it and there was an option to DE it then why the hell would you roll greed? I'm pretty sure abyss crystals haven't plunged to the degree you'd make more coin than the 8g - 15g you would get vendoring the epic over a shard or crystal. I did that random heroic last night on my tank and people did that, I said there's no point greeding boss drops when they can be broken and two people said, "I'll roll greed if I wanna" and, "Who died and made you god?" I left group and dropped on my hunter and did that heroic random instead.

The better question is why in the fuck do you care which button they push? Again, you have impressed me with your idiocy.

Because if the highest roll is greed they get it without breaking it? I could see the enchanter rolling greed, but when you get 3 people rolling greed on a boss drop that's just retarded. The only reason to do that is because you want to deny anyone else the resulting shard/crystal and you'd rather get the vendor gold which is almost always significantly less than the mats would be. I guess the system pretty much reinforces the notion any idiot can and will play the game and not really give a fuck.

You can make the argument you wouldn't have won it anyway. But to simply greed on a epic boss drop to get the piece and not a crystal requires some special kind of spiteful douchebaggery to pull off. I'm sure you can agree with that since you are their king and you should be aware of how your subjects are.

Because if the highest roll is greed they get it without breaking it? I could see the enchanter rolling greed, but when you get 3 people rolling greed on a boss drop that's just retarded. The only reason to do that is because you want to deny anyone else the resulting shard/crystal and you'd rather get the vendor gold which is almost always significantly less than the mats would be. I guess the system pretty much reinforces the notion any idiot can and will play the game and not really give a fuck.

You can make the argument you wouldn't have won it anyway. But to simply greed on a epic boss drop to get the piece and not a crystal requires some special kind of spiteful douchebaggery to pull off. I'm sure you can agree with that since you are their king and you should be aware of how your subjects are.
You realize that DE = Greed right?

why do you care whether they take the shard option or the purple option?

If there is a tie between someone who rolled greed and someone who rolled DE, the person that rolled greed wins it.

Are you sure?

Anyway in the end he's basically upset about people not thinking through their choices and picking 5g over 15g. As stated though, it has little to no effect on him, so the fact that he chose to argue so much over it really just shows he's incapable of letting things go.

Everyone already knows a lot of WoW players are idiots, if you focus on the stupidity, you'll just go insane.

Even if that's true, the odds of it occurring are so small it's not worth getting upset over. I'm actually more upset as an enchanter that my abilities are being used without my consent and with no compensations. Maybe that's greedy of me.

If there is a tie between someone who rolled greed and someone who rolled DE, the person that rolled greed wins it.

nope. if there is a tie, the first or last person with the tying roll wins. I don't remember which as it's been a while since this has happened to me.

nope. if there is a tie, the first or last person with the tying roll wins. I don't remember which as it's been a while since this has happened to me.
iirc it goes by character name. We had a paladin named Aalryn in the guild who would laugh whenever he tied someone in a roll because he'd always win. That was in TBC though and it could have changed in the last year.

A long time ago blizzard said that the rolls have numbers after the decimal place that come into effect only when 2 or more people tie on a roll.

Blue post on the new system.
* The “greed” option is open to all classes and all item types but the players who roll greed will also roll against those who select disenchant. The reason for this is that if an item is not a high priority and/or eligible to be rolled “need” on, then other players running the dungeon have an equal chance to get a reward for defeating the encounter.

There was a blue post somewhere saying that ties get re-rolled silently and then are awarded.

I don't mind skipping bad bosses (like half of OK) but I don't want to skip all of them for the tank either :s

My only bad experience so far was when I first specced shammy healing and I got H-FoS with a bunch of dudes from illidan. The tank just kept chain pulling regardless of my mana, or me saying "stop for a second dude" and eventually died to LoS. I'm in the middle of typing out asking him to chill and wait for LoS (I'm sitting healing, he is bear tanking and sprinting thru shit nonstop and dying in a forge), when he writes FIRST AND ONLY WARNING SCRUB HEALER THEN YOU ARE GONE. Knowing that an argument will derail the group I say "ok relax and watch LOS and we'll be a-ok e-bud" and we continue.

Next pull, the 5k dps ret pally runs in while tank is pissing, pulls aggro and bubbles. Tank comes back and tries to help but because I was trying to heal everything while he did this, I am next on aggro chart so they run to me. Pally DI's the Hunter (???) and the tank, rogue and I die.

The fucking world ends. YOU MOTHERFUCKER HOW DARE YOU PULL AGGRO I WARNED YOU SCRUB HEALER etc etc. Then the Hunter chimes in "YO HOMEBOY CANT HANDLE 232 WORLD HAH HAH HAH" and the pally switches to healing gear but refuses to heal. I say "look, pally pulled aggro while tank was afk, I healed and was 2nd on list, not my fault we wiped" and get "EXCUSES EXCUSES GET THIS PIECE OF SHIT OUT OF HERE FUCK".

I gotta be honest, I'm actually kinda shocked at this point. I mean I've seen some good wow explosions and nerd rages, but these 3 were going fucking crazy. My screen just fills with nonstop capslock for a few mins and the rogue leaves.

So I am sitting there when I realize that they can't kick me because I am the healer (until the like 15 min timer runs out). So I begin my counter terrorism. The hunter tries to secretly pull a group and feign, but I am far enough away to simply warp out. They all die. I then proceed to start crafting while chatting with them about Gordon Ramsey and the tank is seriously freaking out. They move to the "enjoy the ban for harrassment" stage which I personally love, at which point I vote to kick the hunter and type out "NONO CMON DONT GUYS WE CAN COMPLETE THIS" and they not paying attention all click yes and he warps out. The pally and druid are now going gorillas in the mist ape shit on me and I am in full-blown counter-ruin their game mode. I use wolvies to pull another pack and wipe them again, then res the one guy too close to a skull who then one-hits him again :D

At this point I know my time is almost up so I say "AFK making lunch I dont want loot so keep going" and sit in dal, still in group. I went and made a sandwich and apparently lasted another 8 mins with the two of them nonstop bitching at me about holding them hostage.

Morale of the story? Don't be an elitist prick and say shit like "cant hang in the 232" etc. Also, don't pick a fight with the healer because he will go Allah Ackbar on you and ruin your game.

Thanks for listening!

JM5K, those guys were assholes. Stupid assholes, on top of that as well.

However, if I'm doing an instance, I generally like to do it as fast as I can and skip all the unnecessary bosses.

the criminal part is that you tried to heal with a shaman.

should have rolled druid, dude

Yeah no shit, feral drood out dpsing me, resto drood out-healing, my only choice is ele which I don't really care for.

Is shammy healing really that bad now? I've been healing raids etc and doing well so far :s

Never had a incident as severe as JM5K's, though I have had problems with tanks pulling without regard for healer. Even in TBC dungeons I went through more than a stack of water just trying to keep up because HoT'ing up everyone and topping everyone off sucks the mana out of you. I usually just tell the tank if I'm at less than 50% mana it is his/her fault for wiping because I haven't gotten enough mana back to continue healing.

My coworker's best main is a shaman and his main set is Ele, and he loves the shit out of it. He doesn't like Resto because he thinks it is boring though he does love resto as a druid. I've healed as a priest and druid and while I see the difference I'm not sure how he loves it so, I prefer priest Disc for more "active" healing as opposed to HoT'ing up everyone. To be fair I do enjoy doing that and going to pick herbs in UB :lol:

Back