3rd party macro apps?

Ickz

Veteran XX
I'm wondering if anyone knows any super simple applications that will allow me to press two keys with one key press. I'm looking to make it so I can conc shot and wing clip with one key press for my hunter - and no, a simple

/cast Concussive Shot
/cast Wing Clip

in-game macro will not work. So basically, say I have conc shot bound to 5 and wing clip to 6; I'd like a program that will make it so whenever I hit 5, it'll also hit 6 at the same time, or a millisecond later or whatever. Something like this normally wouldn't be a big deal for me, but I'm in keybind hell with my hunter as is.

Pretty sure that wouldn't work because if I was in melee range, conc shot wouldn't go off so it would never attempt to use wing clip and vice versa. Wouldn't want to deal with having to press multiple times anyway. Also, a castrandom wouldn't work because of the same reason.

If they're both on the GCD, then isn't this not possible? (I mean, you could probably get an app to press 2 keys at once, but it wouldn't make a difference in-game, right?)

If they're both on the GCD, then isn't this not possible? (I mean, you could probably get an app to press 2 keys at once, but it wouldn't make a difference in-game, right?)

It behaves exactly as if you pressed your assigned keys, one after another, in a very quick sequence in game. So of course, this does not avoid gcd restrictions.

It's really only useful if you actually relied on castrandom macro spamming before the behavior of castrandom was changed.

Thanks that would probably work, and yeah, I suppose it's against the ToS, but you would never get banned for something small and undetectable like a simple additional keypress, and that program is basically the same thing as using a g15 keyboard/nostromo or whatever.

AHK is not bannable by itself (multiboxers can use it to replicate keys across however many WoW processes are open).

The rule of thumb is one key press = one key press in game (per process). Any voilation of that is against the ToS and you can get banned.

Last edited:
Thanks that would probably work, and yeah, I suppose it's against the ToS, but you would never get banned for something small and undetectable like a simple additional keypress, and that program is basically the same thing as using a g15 keyboard/nostromo or whatever.

Then do it pussy. What does the guy posting above you saying he got banned for this very thing know.

I haven't played a hunter but I thought just having a macro below would work.

/cast Concussive Shot
/cast Wing Clip

For a shockadin they can use something like this.

/cast Avenging Wrath
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Divine Favor
/cast Holy Shock
/cast Judgement

This is most effective for "shockadins" (40/0/21 spec). It will cast Avenging Wrath, use any trinkets you have equipped, Cast a guaranteed Holy Shock crit, and cast a Judgement, all in one button press. For shockadins with a decent amount of +spelldamage gear, this is usually between 3-5k holy damage. Judgement of the Crusader must be on your target and Seal of Righteousness must be active for this to do the most possible damage.

Maybe you can find some ideas here Useful macros for hunters - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

I haven't played a hunter but I thought just having a macro below would work.

/cast Concussive Shot
/cast Wing Clip

It used to work at some point but was changed in some patch. I'm just annoyed having to bind two abilities that are used for the same thing when I already have issues with having no more free binds.

1. Bloodlust
2. ???? (
/cast Call of the Wild
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Blood Fury
/use First Mate's Pocketwatch
)
3. PROFIT

Back