[Official] Forza 3 thread [360]

But I don't live in California.

Also, this game rules. Currently level 12 and working on rebuilding my garage.

Current favorite car is that funky AWD Alfa Romeo hatchback you get as a prize early on. That thing is badass.

haha ya the Alfa is what Ive been using in the championship things. Im level 10 now.

hey so

is it a good idea to just keep every car you get

im one of those people that wants 400 cars in their garage ready to go

Well ive never kept every car I got in Forza 2. and dont plan on it for this one. Already auctioned my Fiesta off and have a Focus, a Camaro and a GT500 up now

hey so

is it a good idea to just keep every car you get

im one of those people that wants 400 cars in their garage ready to go

I'm deleting the award cars unless it's one I want to drive. I think it'll work out better if I know the car I'm getting in, and if you want to play a specific car you can do so with a quickplay session.

People online only play with the gay ass R type cars. They're for fucking wimps. Anyone can win a race with a car that handles perfectly and does 0-200 in 3 seconds.

Also, typical console bullshit where I have to keep joining and quitting out of games until I find one I like. God forbid they include a server browser.

so how does this sharing vinyls stuff work

about to start playing and i want some sweet tw stuff all over my cars

we'll have to set up some TW games, fuck pubbing

i probably won't be playing till Monday now, i used my trade in games to buy my buddy a copy of Borderlands instead, and he's gonna buy us both Forza 3 when he gets paid at the weekend

but i am eagerly anticipating spinning Data out

yea i tried to do some pubbing online last night. it was a chore to say the least :/

Every new 360 game is like this. The first few weeks are all the smacktards who rent the game and just want achievements or to create mindless havoc online.

They need to find a way to make rental games unplayable online or something.

The game is fun overall, but starting from the back every single time sucks, especially for the short races. I want to race clean and smart (the AI is good enough to let you this year), but most of the time I don't have enough time to get to the front so I have to bump and smash my way through. I hate upgrading every car to make it way better than the others for races if I have no plans to keep it.

The lower car levels are a chore to get through too. I didn't get enough playing time in to get much money yet.

The driving physics seem much better than FM2. I love how the car bottoms out realistically through fast elevation changes.

last night i started season 2 and i wanted to try a new car, so i selected some series that requires A class cars. so i go to the store, and spend nearly all of my cache on a nice porsche. i go back to season mode, and it asks me to choose a series again but they're different, and now i'm in some german car series. my plan was to completely rape the other series with my porsche :(

Yeah honestly I think I preferred the FM2 simple "pick a race" method. Just let me go where I want to go and drive what I want to drive.

They design these games for the ADD kids of today who can't spend 5 seconds in a menu before needing action. Notice how the game has to put you in a race right away, even before letting you select a controller vs wheel, etc? I can't stand things like this.

The whole FM3 season thing seems to be more of a pain than anything. It is never clear exactly how much car you should take until you start, while in FM2 you could kind of judge based on the event.

You can use the event list to pick races too. Dont think it counts towards your season but ya. Also I bought a Viper like I posted a while ago and have been using it since except for the end the 2 weeks or w/e championship which Ive been using the Alfa Romeo you win as a prize. Right now I need someone to buy my 2010 Camaro so I can buy a better camaro or mustang for the Mustang vs Camaro race.

Yeah honestly I think I preferred the FM2 simple "pick a race" method. Just let me go where I want to go and drive what I want to drive.

They design these games for the ADD kids of today who can't spend 5 seconds in a menu before needing action. Notice how the game has to put you in a race right away, even before letting you select a controller vs wheel, etc? I can't stand things like this.

The whole FM3 season thing seems to be more of a pain than anything. It is never clear exactly how much car you should take until you start, while in FM2 you could kind of judge based on the event.

In Season Play, the class-limited events will be pretty obvious, with a great big letter on the icon. There's also a small tag on the event icon that shows the average car PI, like this: [A|500]. You can look at the event requirements from the menu with the X button. Then just bring the fastest, most suped-up car you've got.

Auto-upgrade will let you tailor a car for peak performance within a class... it's fairly intelligent at suggesting parts. I've noticed it tends to weigh certain parts over others, and it's not afraid to downgrade installed parts to get as close to the class PI cap as possible -- including body kits, which I find particularly annoying. I usually just manual upgrade anyway. The new shop is fantastic. You always keep any parts that were previously installed, including factory parts. You can sell "old" upgrades if you want (at a loss), but you can't sell factory parts. I'm a packrat -- you never know when you might want to downgrade that S-class to squeeze it into an A-class race. :shrug:

What am I missing with this 8th place start bullshit? Even when my car is 100+ PI ahead of the next fastest car, I start last? That makes no sense, especially when the rest of the starting grid is organized by PI! WTF! There's no heat event or anything. :disgust:

Auto-upgrade will let you tailor a car for peak performance within a class... it's fairly intelligent at suggesting parts. I've noticed it tends to weigh certain parts over others, and it's not afraid to downgrade installed parts to get as close to the class PI cap as possible -- including body kits, which I find particularly annoying. I usually just manual upgrade anyway. The new shop is fantastic. You always keep any parts that were previously installed, including factory parts. You can sell "old" upgrades if you want (at a loss), but you can't sell factory parts. I'm a packrat -- you never know when you might want to downgrade that S-class to squeeze it into an A-class race. :shrug:

What am I missing with this 8th place start bullshit? Even when my car is 100+ PI ahead of the next fastest car, I start last? That makes no sense, especially when the rest of the starting grid is organized by PI! WTF! There's no heat event or anything. :disgust:

haha ya in Forza 2 I used a Mustang Cobra R for as many races as possible. I had cepts for B, A and S class plus some of the horse power requirement races. Makes things easier I think.

The 8th place start is bull. Highest Ive started in a race was like 5th -_-

Back