[Cry/QQ] Over the Demoman by HypnosisFX - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page [Cry/QQ] Over the Demoman
HypnosisFX
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 10-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Why do so many people cry about him??? Here are some post of the many that cry that he is way over powered.

Demoman is OP, here's 5 reasons why. - Steam Users' Forums

There is no excuse for these two things. - Steam Users' Forums

Fix the Demo=Remove Crit Stickies - Steam Users' Forums

#1 Reason why people call the Demoman OP - Steam Users' Forums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMXl6eazBdI

I think he is fine, a good scout can keep him in check unless he is a great demo that can aim pipes and stickys well. I love playing demo on Defense because thats were his glory is unless needed to take down 3 sentrys real quick.

Sponsored Links
Atreides
VeteranX
Old
2 - 10-16-2009, 09:00 AM
My only problem with the class is that 90% of the time, sticky bombs are used as a main weapon. I would like to see a change that would deter the 'fire 1 sticky>detonate>repeat' mentality... like, a 2-3 second delay from the time you fire a sticky to the time you can detonate it. That, or reduce the ammo capacity of the stickies down to 12-16 or something. 32 is way too much.

HypnosisFX
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 10-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Yeah but that much ammo is needed for Defensive protection, i know i go through alot of sticky s vs pipes on open maps and at choke points.

Atreides
VeteranX
Old
4 - 10-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Well if you're on defence, you should have access to a despenser or an ammo locker. But yeah, I wouldn't say the demoman is any more cheap/OP'd than any other class in the game. Typically, you dont come across that many on a team either. Maybe in a 32 player pub, nade spam is a problem... but that's what one gets for playing in a 32 player pub.

John the Jammer
Veteran++
Old
5 - 10-16-2009, 04:06 PM
I am all about demoman favorite class. Scouts/snipers/and pyros kill me the most.

I often find that nading them directly is way more effective than stickies.(obviously)

I am curious to see what valve will do to this class once it is updated.

CarpeIppon
Veteran++
Old
6 - 10-16-2009, 06:41 PM
most players can't think.

these people are easy kills for demos. Hence they cry.

Fox
VeteranX
Old
7 - 10-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
My only problem with the class is that 90% of the time, sticky bombs are used as a main weapon. I would like to see a change that would deter the 'fire 1 sticky>detonate>repeat' mentality... like, a 2-3 second delay from the time you fire a sticky to the time you can detonate it. That, or reduce the ammo capacity of the stickies down to 12-16 or something. 32 is way too much.
I totally agree. Demo has mobility, decent HP, can kill without line-of-sight, huge damage output, 12 shots before reloading, and with stickies they barely have to aim.

Scout is an okay counter but with the a lot of spammy maps scouts can't do much to counter. The result tends to be more demo spam to counter their demo spam.

For the record, I usually play 12 vs 12 pubs.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page [Cry/QQ] Over the Demoman

Social Website Bullshit