Still Fun? Or AOC 2.0 ? by Shopper47 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Aion
Reload this Page Still Fun? Or AOC 2.0 ?
Page 1 of 2
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
1 - 10-15-2009, 09:56
The main reason I didn't get this game is because of the money I felt I horribly wasted on Age of Conan.

So how many of you that bought it are still playing? How is it end game?

Sponsored Links
MountainDewMike
VeteranX
Old
2 - 10-15-2009, 10:24
I am still enjoying it but it's too early to say whether or not this game will succeed long-term. The biggest issues right now are the gold spammers, botting and crysystem.dll crashing issues. They say they are working on these things but I see the same botters and spammers day after day and the crysystem.dll crashing errors when there are lots of people around (fortress sieges, cities) are making the game unplayable for many. It would be nice if they would demonstrate better communication about these issues. To find useful info requires digging through pages of threads at aionsource.com or tracking dev posts on Twitter.

I hope they can iron this stuff out because otherwise I am still really enjoying the game.

I am nowhere near end-game yet and not qualified to comment on it.

Statty
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 10-15-2009, 12:21
Damn, I can't believe Mike's still playing. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I find the level grind incredibly boring. I was never one for a straight kill grind, I can't keep focused on it, even in windowed mode watching movies or TV ****.

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 10-15-2009, 15:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewMike View Post
crysystem.dll crashing errors when there are lots of people around (fortress sieges, cities) are making the game unplayable for many.
Yeah, this happens constantly for my friend and I. Once I hit a keep siege, it's not long before I end up crashing.

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
5 - 10-15-2009, 16:10
still loving it... level 42 now

Mossyoak56
Veteran4
Old
6 - 10-15-2009, 17:28
botting? thats how everyone lvld in L2, and thet never did a thing about it. gogo Aion Walker!! still a badass game though

ReneG8
VeteranX
Old
7 - 10-15-2009, 17:45
lvl 30. Stopped playing, probably because im fed up with mmos for the moment, cancel wow account aswell. When its a hassle and you do not look forward to running aion, you shouldn't play. I had to motivate myself.

Predators Rage
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
8 - 10-15-2009, 18:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statty View Post
Damn, I can't believe Mike's still playing. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I find the level grind incredibly boring. I was never one for a straight kill grind, I can't keep focused on it, even in windowed mode watching movies or TV ****.
Yeah this is how I feel about it too. It would probably help if I had new abilities to look forward more often then once every three levels. Nothing to look forward to level after level + solo grinding = meh.

Devil Slayer
VeteranX
Old
9 - 10-16-2009, 08:13
I'm still loving the game, but I'm also not really afraid of a little Grind. TBH Aion really isn't a grind compared to the mmos that came before it (WoW being the exception).

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
10 - 10-16-2009, 15:31
I'm still playing and having fun. Plan on hitting 36 and 37 this weekend for new spells.

There is grinding required, but there is loot involved as well. The grind is not like EQ where you farm mobs for exp with nothing else involved. I'm soloing Mist Main Mau right now for exp and the hair drops which are turned in for very nice gear.

If you are used to and will only accept the wow version of leveling which is quest till you're blue in the face, then this is not the game for you. You DO have to earn your levels, but it is not terribly hard, and quite fun in the process.

It also helps to find a guild that you enjoy playing with, as with all MMO's.

Goofy
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 10-17-2009, 08:26
I leveld a gladiator to 25 then re-rolled due the amount of downtime and/or the amount of money you have to sink into pots/gear just so you dont get face smashed by mobs.

Currently have an SM @ 23 and loving the playstyle so far, just hoping end-game they allow pets to scale a bit with gear.

I definitely think they need more quests in this game, the amount of grinding needed can be overwhelming at times.

Mooley
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 10-17-2009, 17:40
lvl 33, still loving it. Grinding hasn't been a huge issue until about lvl 28 when quests start slowing down a bit but from lvl 31 to now, Quests just exploded again, which I like. I have guild mates who prefer the grind so there's both. Discovering, grinding and questing in other regions is fun for me. I have no problems getting friends together to share quests or instances. If you plan on trying to solo through out then it's going to be a huge grind for you.

PhoE
VeteranX
Old
13 - 10-17-2009, 21:26
Hated it, hit 38 and realized I wasn't really having fun loggin in. The few keep battles I did in the abyss were H O R R I B L E. It truly boggles my mind when these "large scale pvp" games fail to even have an engine capable of what they are spouting. Myself and my legion of about ~45 crashed many many times during a 200ish person battle, it was pretty pathetic. I think there were like 4 guys who didn't crash, no clue why. The framerates turn to complete **** in pvp, and the grinding is just boring as ****, so yea, i quit :/.

Maybe i'm just done with mmo's, but I have like zero interest in them atm, now looking forward to modern warfare 2.

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
14 - 10-18-2009, 02:57
wierd ive never had a crash bro...

d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
15 - 10-18-2009, 06:57
The crashing during raids is being looked at. It does not happen in KAion, its a NA bug.

Madend
VeteranX
Old
16 - 10-18-2009, 16:37
yeah the crashes during really big fights does suck. people say it happens when the client passes a certain memory size threshold (1.7 gigs or something) so turning down graphical quality can help a lot to mitigate those. i def hope they fix that soon though because it affects me quite a bit, will go from running smooth -> ctd with no warning

that aside i'm 42 now and having a lot of fun still. did the xenophan quest line yesterday with a guild group and got my orange bow and had a bunch of small scale fights along the way vs groups of 10-15 that were pretty fun.
steelrake is a pretty cool instance too, just did the middle wing boss fight for the first time yesterday and it was pretty hectic (esp since we were 5 manning it)

Die Hard
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
17 - 10-18-2009, 16:45
Steel rake is fun as ****, but DAMN that instance is long, took us like 5 hours to clear to the last boss but can't really down him since we are too low level. I did get my Orange tunic off an earlier boss so i am happy, but need 2 more levels to use it lol.

They are looking into the crashing issue, hopefully it'll get fixed soon. Supposedly it has some thing to do with a limitations in windows where when a program reaches 2gb of ram usage it would crash. People with higher end systems usually turn all their **** up because they have the memory for it, but it also causes your game to reach 2gb much faster and crash. I think it's the reason more people are crashing with higher-end systems and x64 OS. I crash a lot less turning all my details to lowest.

Ickz
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 10-20-2009, 02:31
Starting at low 40s, each lvl takes around the same time as wow 70-80. Fun. Maybe when the next patch hits with the xp boosts, I'll give it a go again. Til then, not worth it unless you REALLY crave zergy endgame pvp.

GraphiX
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 11-19-2009, 17:48
You can get 2 levels a day easily on WoW from 70-80.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
20 - 11-19-2009, 18:39
Ya the 40's are the real bottle neck.

However the latest patch fixed a lot of headaches. Books are dropping more frequently in Alquima, Steel Rake bosses actually drop loot now and the log quest for the advanced stigma slot drop off of every boss there. They made Brass eye easier, along with the end boss in Dark Poeta. The crysist.dll (or whatever it's called) error seems to be fixed. No more crashing during fort takes so far.

There's kind of this mixed feeling. The game is slowing down because of the level grind and a lot of folks are taking breaks or quiting because the grind sucks. But everyone agree's that once more people get to 50 the PvP is really going to pick up.

On Trinial we finally took Kysis fort which was a server first. A LOT more people are rifting now which is a TON of fun. PvP is more prevalent than it used to be which keeps you on your toes.

I'm going to keep playing and hope, probably supplementing with play time on MW2.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Aion
Reload this Page Still Fun? Or AOC 2.0 ?

Social Website Bullshit