Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Aion
Reload this Page How is this game?
Page 5 of 6
Calder
VeteranX
Old
81 - 10-09-2009, 18:13
I have all the areas marked, but when one actually does spawn it takes 20 minutes to run around the map checking them all, and half the time when somebody says anything in chat they're just ****ing with you sending you to the middle of nowhere.

Edit:

Yea spy quest is officially retarded

Last edited by Calder; 10-09-2009 at 20:17..
Sponsored Links
Mooley
VeteranXV
Old
82 - 10-09-2009, 20:48
Aion Rift map locations

http://aion.mmosite.com/guide/system_rift.shtml

Last edited by Mooley; 10-10-2009 at 13:17..
Madend
VeteranX
Old
83 - 10-10-2009, 18:46
today in better know a status effect: poison
if you're poisoned while flying you won't get knocked out of the air, but if you're on the ground poison will stop you from flying. so don't be like the chanter i just attacked in the abyss whose first instinct was to jump off the nearby ledge only to plummet to his death

Mooley
VeteranXV
Old
84 - 10-10-2009, 19:04
lol!

Chanter is rough in the abyss because the only thing I have right now to break roots is syrum. :/ and I can't root nobody!! I get rooted to hell ..

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
85 - 10-10-2009, 21:24
Yeah, I know the feeling. Playing anything but a cleric can be rough without potions to break status ailments. Even though I main a cleric, I'd like to see dispels have a 1 second cast time or something. It's impossible to win a chase against a cleric with flight potions.

It's also a waste of mana to even cast dots or snares on a cleric or someone in a cleric's group. Just gets instantly removed.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
86 - 10-12-2009, 13:19
Not when the cleric is mezed

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
87 - 10-12-2009, 17:59
Eh, even if I do get mezed I still get away after it breaks. If I'm in that much of a need to get away, I usually just cancel flight and drop a good bit, then fly again. 98% of the time people think I fell to my death. :P

My friend that plays a sorcerer said that it's pretty tough to mez someone your chasing in flight. That even though the cast time is pretty quick, they still get out of range before it goes off. He used to play a sorcerer in DAoC and ****, so he is pretty good at it. So I don't know

I've been playing a gladiator as my second character and it's a lot of fun. Just hate the fact that pretty much everything can, and will, be removed within a few seconds of applying it. :\

Honestly I reallt hate the fact you can run and get away with ease. Templars and gladiators charge to run away, clerics people just give up on, assassins and rangers usually get away in stealth, and so on. Flying around is pretty neat, and adds a little flavor to the PvP, but it's also pretty annoying. I can't tell you how many times I've had people just turn and jet away at the simple sight of me. Or getting attacked by some tank, only to have him charge and run away because he was losing. Kind of hope there is a none flying zone to PvP in eventually.

Last edited by Heimdal; 10-12-2009 at 18:03..
Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
88 - 10-12-2009, 18:03
Mez is a 2 sec cast for Sleep and a 1.5 sec cast for Curse of Roots. However root is insta cast. The trick is to get the mez off before they dispel the root.

However, the whole point of mezzing a cleric is so that they can't dispel everything you cast on their group mates, or heal everyone. If they're running, they're pretty much going to get away unless you have a few friends to focus fire them down, and even then, difficult to do if they're running.

d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
89 - 10-12-2009, 19:33
Next patch no one will have to worry about people getting out of range. It will make my job so much easier with healing.

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
90 - 10-12-2009, 22:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post
Mez is a 2 sec cast for Sleep and a 1.5 sec cast for Curse of Roots. However root is insta cast. The trick is to get the mez off before they dispel the root.

However, the whole point of mezzing a cleric is so that they can't dispel everything you cast on their group mates, or heal everyone. If they're running, they're pretty much going to get away unless you have a few friends to focus fire them down, and even then, difficult to do if they're running.
I know the point of mezing a cleric, it's just not easy to do unless they are just straight up fighting you. A cleric with half a brain with have his finger on the dispel key while he is taking off, so roots will last all of ~1 second.

My point is that dispel is pretty powerful in this game, and it makes doing anything to anyone that consists of something that can CC or debuff them in some way is almost pointless.

To add to that, CC doesn't last too long. I usually duo with a sorcerer, and occasionally we do find the smart 2-3 people that will try and mez me to kill him. I can usually ride out the mez while he mezes one and takes the hits from the other people. He usually doesn't even need to use a potion before it wears off, and I just heal him up and start cleaning house. Same thing goes for the smarter people we fight. We CC the healer every time. Then it depends on how many cooldowns we have up as to if we can kill 1 or 2 before it wears off.

Again, this is just in the 30's. There are tons of other **** you have to look forward to up to 50. Right now PvP is pretty entertaining most of the time. Just has it's draw backs.

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
91 - 10-13-2009, 02:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon View Post
its not a problem its just gravy to get there.
And thats the way it should be.

Theres no point in just wrecking people that are lower level, i prefer everyone at 80 in wow, and killing people who have access to the same gear I do ;o

I keep thinking about picking up Aion, but grinding, bleh, i like questing and solo play ;o

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
92 - 10-13-2009, 02:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhost View Post
And thats the way it should be.

Theres no point in just wrecking people that are lower level, i prefer everyone at 80 in wow, and killing people who have access to the same gear I do ;o

I keep thinking about picking up Aion, but grinding, bleh, i like questing and solo play ;o
you cant wreck people at lowerlevel, the pvp is tiered.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
93 - 10-13-2009, 03:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdal View Post
I know the point of mezing a cleric, it's just not easy to do unless they are just straight up fighting you. A cleric with half a brain with have his finger on the dispel key while he is taking off, so roots will last all of ~1 second.

My point is that dispel is pretty powerful in this game, and it makes doing anything to anyone that consists of something that can CC or debuff them in some way is almost pointless.

To add to that, CC doesn't last too long. I usually duo with a sorcerer, and occasionally we do find the smart 2-3 people that will try and mez me to kill him. I can usually ride out the mez while he mezes one and takes the hits from the other people. He usually doesn't even need to use a potion before it wears off, and I just heal him up and start cleaning house. Same thing goes for the smarter people we fight. We CC the healer every time. Then it depends on how many cooldowns we have up as to if we can kill 1 or 2 before it wears off.

Again, this is just in the 30's. There are tons of other **** you have to look forward to up to 50. Right now PvP is pretty entertaining most of the time. Just has it's draw backs.
Not everyone does exactly what they should do every time. Which is what adds skill to the PvP.

If I mez a cleric and someone decides the cleric should die first instead of the DPS and hits said cleric, well then we're all ****ed.

At 34 I have one chance to MAYBE one shot just about any class as long as I have my DP up and I can get a 4 second cast of Inferno off and then mash my DP. That will do about 5k with the PvP mitigation and most classes sub 40 don't have that many HP.

You're right though, things change as you level. Wait till you run into a SM who has a 1 sec silence and fear, with nukes, a damage shield that will eat 750 damage and a pet that just wrecks people.

Witch
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 10-14-2009, 15:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
Grinding to me means sitting in one spot killing mindlessly for hours. That is what it was in EQ / DAOC. Hence my interpretation.
I believe this is what grinding means to every EQ / DAOC vet. I can't speak for UO though.

WoW was totally different in that it hadn't "dungeons" to grind in like DAOC, and nowadays even aoe spot grinding is useless since quests give so much xp. Also aoe group grinding was always pretty much useless in WoW, whereas in DAOC it was the best method through the game.

dionysus
VeteranX
Old
95 - 10-14-2009, 16:19
Playing this game makes me wish DAoC was still alive.

Bluestick
VeteranXV
Old
96 - 10-28-2009, 01:28
I got a question, how would "Aion" run on my PC with high settings!

Gateway FX 6800-01e got it at best buy for 1200

and just added extra 3 gigs of ram.. also i would love to upgrade my "Video Card" any suggestions would be great, im thinking of the new ATI 5870 or 5850 or GeForce GTX 285 OC 1GB probably would have to upgrade my Power Supply as well its only 450watts right now! thinking of a 600 watt should run great with the cards i think!
also what is the difference in DDR2 DDR3 DDR5 in the video cards does it play a big role?

Quad Core I7 920 @2.67 GHz
6 GB of DDR3 ram
ATI Radeon 4850 HD directx 10
regular 7200rpm HD
EX points 5.9 on everything of course

and vista 64, might try out the win7 (if anyone has it let me know its worth it, i know im kinda of subject over here.... anyways thanks if advance!

Last edited by Bluestick; 10-28-2009 at 01:31..
Madend
VeteranX
Old
97 - 10-28-2009, 16:50
my machine is a notch below yours and works perfectly at max settings 1680x1050 2xAA

however you may run into the CTD problem that is especially prevalent among high end machines on 64 bit systems in very crowded areas (ie fortress sieges) but hopefully that bug will be fixed by the time you got to that level

MountainDewMike
VeteranX
Old
98 - 10-29-2009, 02:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madend View Post
my machine is a notch below yours and works perfectly at max settings 1680x1050 2xAA

however you may run into the CTD problem that is especially prevalent among high end machines on 64 bit systems in very crowded areas (ie fortress sieges) but hopefully that bug will be fixed by the time you got to that level
This bug is the reason I've canceled my sub until they patch it out.

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
99 - 10-31-2009, 17:26
Sooooooo

Another dying "new" MMO? And WoW's numbers remain untouched ;o

Mooley
VeteranXV
Old
100 - 10-31-2009, 21:13
Is it dying? I can't tell ..

Page 5 of 6