Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Aion
Reload this Page How is this game?
Page 3 of 6
Die Hard
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
41 - 10-03-2009, 21:21
you lose 3% when you die, you can buy back 2% at the Soul healer npc. You don't lose any in pvp.

Sponsored Links
henry
VeteranX
Old
42 - 10-04-2009, 01:09
I heard it's a boring grind fest.

Die Hard
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
43 - 10-05-2009, 02:44
how can you not like a game that you could die to random meteors?

Ickz
VeteranXV
Old
44 - 10-05-2009, 04:58
Massive login issues started a couple hours ago - tech forums flooded with people getting a blank screen after putting login info in. Ncsoft has yet to even acknowledge the problem. Awesome tech support.

d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
45 - 10-05-2009, 05:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by icZer View Post
Massive login issues started a couple hours ago - tech forums flooded with people getting a blank screen after putting login info in. Ncsoft has yet to even acknowledge the problem. Awesome tech support.
Thats what happens when your server is on the fritz. Has happend since the release. Either you can login to game breaking lag, or not login at all. If you want to play on another server, just enter your login/password, then click Disagree with the ToS. Now when you login, it will take you to server selection and not the server thats basically down.

Ickz
VeteranXV
Old
46 - 10-05-2009, 05:14
Awesome game.

d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
47 - 10-05-2009, 07:24
It is, i am having so much fun in the abyss. My chanter is almost 29, and I just rerolled my ranger to elyos on another server.

Mharrman
VeteranX
Old
48 - 10-05-2009, 08:30
The game is slow as ****, but the pvp is fun as hell.

Starting at level 34, the exp need to level grows at an insane rate.
33 9mill to level
34 12mill to level
35 15 mill to level
(at this level mobs give 15k-20k exp a kill)

Most rewards from quests are worthless (lol 80K exp) so the fastest way to level is to do the high lockout dungeons (training/fortess) once a day and solo or duo grind.

To be fair unlike wow you dont need to be 50 to do the end game stuff, 33+ish is enough to take on pvp objectives and run the fortress instance.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 10-05-2009, 21:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mharrman View Post
The game is slow as ****, but the pvp is fun as hell.

Starting at level 34, the exp need to level grows at an insane rate.
33 9mill to level
34 12mill to level
35 15 mill to level
(at this level mobs give 15k-20k exp a kill)

Most rewards from quests are worthless (lol 80K exp) so the fastest way to level is to do the high lockout dungeons (training/fortess) once a day and solo or duo grind.

To be fair unlike wow you dont need to be 50 to do the end game stuff, 33+ish is enough to take on pvp objectives and run the fortress instance.

Good groups, certain classes soloing/duo are pulling 4 million+ exp per hour so that the large exp numbers don't mean much in the scheme of things.

Mharrman
VeteranX
Old
50 - 10-05-2009, 22:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai Shinzo View Post
Good groups, certain classes soloing/duo are pulling 4 million+ exp per hour so that the large exp numbers don't mean much in the scheme of things.
Its still 3-4 hrs a level 30+, and 10+ hrs a level at 40.

Madend
VeteranX
Old
51 - 10-05-2009, 22:46
you can still pvp starting at 25 (lower actually with rifts), and people have started taking fortress around level 35, so it's not like you have to grind to max level 8 hours a day for a month before you can start having fun

9er
VeteranX
Old
52 - 10-06-2009, 04:11
Such optimists!

ReneG8
VeteranX
Old
53 - 10-06-2009, 07:26
Just play the game. If you have fun, keep playing, if you don't don't.

I was wondering the same, with that grind scheme, but in the game itself it doesn't manifest itself, you just play the game the xp comes from somewhere (that is, if you don't die all the time like me).

Flowen
VeteranX
Old
54 - 10-06-2009, 12:55
I got ****smashed by one of those random meteors, pretty awesome

kloa
VeteranX
Old
55 - 10-07-2009, 13:24
28 sorc and I'm enjoying the game so far. ****ton of quests/repeatable quests to do for items and money plus drops from the mobs you kill.

Finally got a cleric for training grounds and got mad exp from it last night. Definitely do these when you hit 25 asap. Just sucks there's a 16 hour cooldown on it.

I'm only up to like 12 kills but the pvp in abyss is hella fun. There was a party of asmos at the beginning of the abyss when you leave to go quest and a bunch of us in our legion grouped up to go gank them and had a fun fight. Then there's random encounters when we're out killing **** and we run into an asmo grinding away and have fun with him.

So far I'm enjoying it, although it's only been about 6 days since I started, there is a lot of content to be seen. I've barely touched alchemy but I can make some leet pots already. Hopefully I can nab some asmo armor to meld into mine for my mage and make her look pimp.

Oh and watch out for rapecrab in Verteron.

Mooley
VeteranXV
Old
56 - 10-07-2009, 17:49
****ing lovin it so far. Yeah it gets a little more grindy later but the drops are crazy.

One thing is pissing me off (Not the game but stupidity) is when we (Elyos) go to do a rift quest, when people in our party go AFTER you asmo ****s who are clearly leading them into a trap. A lot of these ****ers don't know what pvpvpve means, lol! And get **** smashed by NPC gaurds.

Can be funny as **** too but not when you're whole alliance makes that mistake. I think the majority of Elyos are dumb. :/ There's a reason you're asmos you tricky ****ers.

Sailyn
Veteran++
Old
57 - 10-07-2009, 19:20
Level 18 sin, wish they were as strong as rogues in WoW w/ soloing but overall no problems. Of course I am getting fed new greens every few levels from friends so it helps me level pretty quickly.

Definitely a quality game.

d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
58 - 10-07-2009, 20:06
My server is the complete opposite Mooley. The elyos on lumiel are way over leveled the asmos. Asmo here are sooo unorganized and weak :\

Mooley
VeteranXV
Old
59 - 10-07-2009, 20:28
Well, considering we're on the same server, lol, I think we're just grouping with the wrong people. =D

EDIT: Though we seem to be doing pretty well in the abyss. I',m sure in a while most will catch up on the pvp mechanics if the want to advance and do well in this game. If there's a huge balance shift for the enemy faction, you kind of have to get with the program in this game .. or quit. Game is to fun for that. Here's hoping.

Last edited by Mooley; 10-07-2009 at 20:38..
d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
60 - 10-07-2009, 20:37
Oh ****, I completely forgot about you being on Lumiel. I dont know what your talking about. Elyos have wolfpack (we played 24/7 and all 40+), Dark Crusade, and many other great guilds that are wrecking shop in the abyss.

Asmo have ****, no one puts effort to make alliances for rift raids, or combating the ganking in abyss. Plus you guys own the forts 99% of the time. Asmo hasnt even taken 1 :\ All we do is camp guards and towers cause we are *****s.

Sure for the time being ranking/ratings dont mean nothing cause the game is so fresh. But Elyos deff got the levels on us big time.

Page 3 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Aion
Reload this Page How is this game?

Social Website Bullshit