Old
1 - 09-28-2009, 12:03
How does it feel/how's the playstyle?

Sponsored Links
Wayfastwhyt
Veteran
Old
2 - 09-29-2009, 13:32
I got to play for a little under a hour last night and so far I am interested. The graphics are nice and other than the que the game did not seem very laggy to me. I will be putting more time into this.

Flowen
VeteranX
Old
3 - 09-29-2009, 17:57
it's pretty fun, though it can be a bit grindy at times. The pvp zone is pretty ****ing cool and the graphics are awesome.

Mooley
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 09-29-2009, 18:05
I like rift raids. :>

Tekno
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 09-29-2009, 18:35
im enjoying the game a lot right now

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
6 - 09-29-2009, 19:18
Great game, not wow. which i love..

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 09-29-2009, 22:47
Feels like EQ/DaoC from the leveling perspective which is a good thing to me but with a bit of the easy **** from WoW thrown in.

I'm enjoying it but playing fairly casual =]

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 09-30-2009, 03:54
It's definitely got some heavy grinding in certain parts. If you can make it to 25 and start doing instances and the PvP in the Abyss, you will probably start liking the game a whole lot more. Instances give massive XP per kill. It changes a lot at 25, and for the better.

So far it's a great game.

d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
9 - 09-30-2009, 06:02
Half way through 24, servers are going down though. Ill be 25 tomorrow, cant wait to try the instance and abyss. I blew like 100k tryin to chant my Infamous Staff, but in return while questing I got my first blue item.

dionysus
VeteranX
Old
10 - 09-30-2009, 14:42
nerds

Ickz
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 09-30-2009, 19:54
I want to like the game, but it's too much of a grind-fest.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
12 - 09-30-2009, 20:26
What are you some WoW fanboi? So what, you have to put in your time to level. You don't HAVE to grind. But it's the fastest way to level. It isn't however a requirement.

Mooley
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 09-30-2009, 20:27
You want to see grind, play L2.

Ickz
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 09-30-2009, 20:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post
What are you some WoW fanboi? So what, you have to put in your time to level. You don't HAVE to grind. But it's the fastest way to level. It isn't however a requirement.
Are you retarded? It is NOT possible to lvl from quests alone. At low levels, sure, but 30+ it's not possible and you're forced to grind the majority of your levels.

PS: I don't mind putting work into my character as long as it isn't mind numbingly dumb like grinding is.

Loco-Raider
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
15 - 10-01-2009, 01:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by icZer View Post
Are you retarded? It is NOT possible to lvl from quests alone. At low levels, sure, but 30+ it's not possible and you're forced to grind the majority of your levels.

PS: I don't mind putting work into my character as long as it isn't mind numbingly dumb like grinding is.
So, what you're saying is that you've only played WoW before this...

Ickz
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 10-01-2009, 01:45
I played DAoC before WoW and the grind wasn't that bad depending on if you were soloing with a bot or grouping - some classes weren't bad completely solo. It's a fact Aion's grind is horrid, but all the fanboys just say "lols its not wow roflnoob, its ok that teh grindz is bad cuz its just like other older and less popular/successful/fun mmos!! omgz you gots to do work to lvl ur char!!!!!". Aion's endgame sounds fun, but I'd rather have fun and not "work" lvling my character to experience the endgame, aka main content, of a game.

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 10-01-2009, 02:08
Honestly the grind is not that bad. Yeah, you end up having to grind maybe 50-20% of your level once you hit around 18 or so. Once you get access to the instance at 25, you get a minimum of 50% per run. Can do that every 16 hours. Takes about 30 minutes or so to do. Getting in groups to do dungeons is a great alternative to grinding by yourself. Or group up with someone and duo elite type mobs. I do pretty much everything with a sorcerer, and we get 40k+ per kill on elites at 27.

Don't get me wrong, the grind is a lot worse than WoW for sure. Worse than DoAC. Maybe on par, or a bit worse than Everquest. It's no Lineage 2 or any other Korean MMO that takes days to get a level for the average person. This is the first Korean MMO in ages that I haven't felt I would never reach cap level.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by Heimdal; 10-01-2009 at 02:12..
godswill
VeteranX
Old
18 - 10-01-2009, 11:08
Here's a spreadsheet which reprensents the amount of grinding you have to do from 31 - 44.. if you don't call that grinding, give your head a shake..

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/7...3044expis4.jpg

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
19 - 10-01-2009, 11:30
I love the grind...wow is mmo for retards...way to easy. Everyone in wow makes 80. in aion not everyone will make it to max level :P

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
20 - 10-01-2009, 11:40
more grinding than EQ?

screwwwwww that

how does having to spend more time doing mindless grinding make a game harder?
if you had to complete difficult quests or encounters or something to level, I'd say yeah that's harder. grinding just takes something easy and makes you repeat it over and over so it takes a long ****ing time.

Page 1 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Aion
Reload this Page How is this game?

Social Website Bullshit