Thinking of starting again. by Draynar - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page Thinking of starting again.
Page 1 of 2
Draynar
VeteranX
Old
1 - 05-11-2009, 15:56
thinking of starting an account again any improvements? Or anyone still playing?

Sponsored Links
Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 05-11-2009, 16:10
Up to level 20 is incredibly fun...after that the game just gets ****ing stupid.

It's more responsive, the UI is better, and there are better incentives to RvR, but Mythic's retarded design decisions shine through as always.

Once you reach 20+ the game degenerates into AoE Healing/Damage/and CC spam. I was shocked when I came back to find they BUFFED this **** while nerfing single target damage on many classes. (I mean, really?)

You literally see players hammering on a single hotkeyed ability about 75% of the time...even when there's no reason to use it. The skill level, such as it is, required to play this game is just a joke.

Last edited by Oxyminoan; 05-11-2009 at 16:12..
Draynar
VeteranX
Old
3 - 05-11-2009, 16:57
So worth screwing around low levels basically.

Madend
VeteranX
Old
4 - 05-11-2009, 18:18
they took a step in the right direction with RoF and PoS not stacking, but more across the board AOE nerfs are definitely needed. some core tester on our server hinted that there will be more of this with 1.3

until they fix the CC immunity timers i'd roll a RDPS to avoid the stupid amount of disable spam that gets thrown around

also in june the land of the dead expansion is supposed to come out and it's looking pretty sweet, similar to darkness falls from daoc. two preview interviews on g4 about it here:
Warhammer Online: Call to Arms 'Land of the Dead' Preview Videos - G4tv.com
Warhammer Online: Call to Arms 'Necropolis' Preview Videos - G4tv.com

BobDlux
VeteranX
Old
5 - 05-11-2009, 19:05
I think T3 is still fun, but 4 is a joke, especially for the lower end. Like Oxy said, it's just CC, snare, AoE, rinse and repeat. Pretty lame imo.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
6 - 05-11-2009, 19:18
First 2 tiers are great, 3rd tier is ok, 4th tier is dumb.

Draynar
VeteranX
Old
7 - 05-11-2009, 19:37
Ok well I'll roll a slayer on the TW server iron rock? it's still around. Is it? What is ROF and PoS btw?

BobDlux
VeteranX
Old
8 - 05-11-2009, 19:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draynar View Post
Ok well I'll roll a slayer on the TW server iron rock? it's still around. Is it? What is ROF and PoS btw?
Rain of Fire and Pit of Shadows. The Bright Wizard and Sorceress main AoE. Used to stack with each other for immense damage but they nerfed it to hit a wider range and less people if they are on top of each other or something like that.

Draynar
VeteranX
Old
9 - 05-11-2009, 20:06
So what server is recommended?

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 05-11-2009, 23:25
Iron Rock's a good server. The Blood Eagle guild is up and running...like level 23 or so. Message someone on there for an invite.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
11 - 05-11-2009, 23:45
Order on Iron Rock

rook
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 05-12-2009, 00:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Order on Iron Rock

yeah ironrock order is good fun. the server is pretty balanced, I ran a Warrior Priest 40 / rr 63 up until 2 weeks ago but deleted to play with people I know, now i'm a 40 / rr 39 dok.

Draynar
VeteranX
Old
13 - 05-12-2009, 00:10
excellent thats what I'll do then.

Draynar
VeteranX
Old
14 - 05-12-2009, 10:34
What is guild name/who's in it? I do not see a Blood Eagle on wardb for iron rock nor did I see anyone on who this morning?

Madend
VeteranX
Old
15 - 05-12-2009, 13:12
hmm i could roll a slayer alt to mess around while i'm not BWing on monolith

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
16 - 05-12-2009, 19:22
I really enjoy taking my 31 Sorc into Tier 2 on DC and ****ing 2 hitting everyone, lol

Violent
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 05-12-2009, 21:35
placid, oxy, gundam are all mia... well i talked to gundam yesterday and haven't seen anyone else in like 2 weeks

Draynar
VeteranX
Old
18 - 05-13-2009, 00:11
I actually ended up joining a goon guild on Dark Crag. Wanted more folks to be able to play with:\ Got a level 7 slayer though, pretty neat class. Sort of like a Melee BW but not.

placid
VeteranX
Old
19 - 05-13-2009, 16:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent View Post
placid, oxy, gundam are all mia... well i talked to gundam yesterday and haven't seen anyone else in like 2 weeks
every time i log on vent no one is on, so i gave up :P

Calamari
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 05-16-2009, 15:00
So, I downloaded the 10-day trial. What's the class with the least amount of balance issues? (Got tired of getting rolled in WoW because Blizz didn't fix me).

I've played Melee and RDPS both, and my main was a priest in WoW. Just looking for a fun class that's got a place in groups and warbands.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page Thinking of starting again.

Social Website Bullshit