Ulduar

do you guys all pretty much run 25 mans or the 10 mans?
Both usually, when it's new. Once it's been out a few weeks people do 10s on alts, or not at all.

10-man is a cakewalk and a half with 25-man gear still though. We did some hardmodes last week in 10 and started others by accident.

10-man is a cakewalk and a half with 25-man gear still though. We did some hardmodes last week in 10 and started others by accident.

Yeah that's why I was asking.

My guild is a 10 man progression guild. We have some 25 pieces here or there but primarily focus on the 10 man stuff.

Anybody try hard mode for FL yet?

Gonna do it tonight on 25 and was wondering if anyone knew the best towers to leave up?

We've left up the fire tower from the beginning. It drops big slow moving fire bombs on the ground, very easy to avoid.

We two shot Auriaya and I can't figure out why people are having a tough time of her. Hunter MD to OT and MT taunts Auriaya. Someone on vent calls out when a cat is about to die so the tank knows where to position Auriaya so the raid isn't in an awkward position around a black disc. Easy.

do you guys all pretty much run 25 mans or the 10 mans?
I haven't touched the 10man yet. It's getting warmer outside and I've been sparring with some old friends and going out more on the weekends. We do 10s on Fridays and it's been 3-4 weeks since I've been home for one.

The 10man is amazing practice for 25man though. It's dirt fucking easy (our guild had a full 10man clear minus alg of course the first week, though Yogg took a couple hours to nail down). Seeing the trash on 10man when it's not so deadly makes doing the same trash on 25man pretty painless. I can only imagine how ugly General Vezax would've been had we not known what all of the trash does, but we cleared the room without a death afaik.

Really after 2 weeks it seems as if the only difficult jobs are those of MT/OT and MT/OT healers. As ranged DPS the hardest encounter in the entire zone are the giant trash mobs clearing to Kologarn (I think) that jump in the air and stun everyone while the white orb rapes people that can't move. Half of our guild are getting together for a BBQ this weekend so we're only raiding 2-3 days, but hopefully we'll kill Yogg (7 or 8% this week, should've died last night) and start hardmodes next week.

Flame Leviathan - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

We did flames last week, probably doing flames+storms tonight. I imagine the frost tower is the most difficult to deal with.

we did fire/frost in 10 man. it was a bit of a bitch

frost gives you a movement debuff, as well as making these blue pillars that chase ppl all around. if you're not moving when the blue pillar locks on you, it'll entomb you in ice and do a ridiculous dot. you have to be broken out by having a bike tar you, then get it ignited. then you still have the fire pillars and the fire walls that go down across the corners

four towers seems like it'll be a lot of fun, esp on 25

We tried all 4... but at 365million hp's is a pain in the ass. Got it down to around 65% while playing pretty terrible.

We ended up doing Frost/Storm. The 20% movement debuff sucks and the blue beams are a pain in the ass. He's got just under 160million hps with 2 towers, it took us a couple attempts but we got it. Probably should have just did Flame/storm.

Kinda sad that the "world first" 4 tower was done when he had 170million hp's.

We two shot Auriaya and I can't figure out why people are having a tough time of her. Hunter MD to OT and MT taunts Auriaya. Someone on vent calls out when a cat is about to die so the tank knows where to position Auriaya so the raid isn't in an awkward position around a black disc. Easy.

That's 10 man you are talking about?

I would hope not because nobody f'ing talks/cares about 10 man, and it's pretty obvious that was the case here, too.

Yes that's 10 man. I saw people talking about 10 man and failing :shrug: My guild is doing 10 man's and progressing into 25 mans once we get more gear because there are probably still 3-5 bads that need to be weeded out for our 25's. We still hit the loot pinata every week though.

I thought Auriaya was really easy in 25m, too. We had our DK drop a DnD on the ground as they were pathing up to LOS the kitties/pounce, then they all ran up and our tanks grabbed the adds, which we DPS'd down, then went on Auriaya. I'm one of our DPS wars so I broke all the fears and interrupted her cast. The rest of it was just moving her away from where the adds die. Pretty simple and easy /shrug

I would hope not because nobody f'ing talks/cares about 10 man, and it's pretty obvious that was the case here, too.

I pretty much only do 10 mans, same with the rest of my guild.

10 man's are more fun than 25's IMO (mostly because its easier finding 9 like-minded non-tards than 24)

Blizz tunes 10 man progressions to 10 man gear so its fun that way too

I pretty much only do 10 mans, same with the rest of my guild.

10 man's are more fun than 25's IMO (mostly because its easier finding 9 like-minded non-tards than 24)

Blizz tunes 10 man progressions to 10 man gear so its fun that way too
Yeah Blizz says raids are designed where 10 man guilds progress through 10 mans only and 25 man guilds through 25 mans only. Both guilds I've been in gear in 10 mans then cakewalk (mostly) through 25 man content.

Yeah Blizz says raids are designed where 10 man guilds progress through 10 mans only and 25 man guilds through 25 mans only.

uh that's not what I said.

there's a 10 man progression that's tuned for people wearing 10 man gear, that's all

Back