Ulduar

We basically had to do phase 1 fucking perfect and never really had more than 2 or 3 up at the same time. We ended up actually triggering one right at the beginning of the fight so we could get to phase 2 faster and avoid the soft enrage.

Phase 2 was pretty crazy for quite a while but we eventually figured it out. Phase 3 is a joke.

I can't imagine how to do the hard mode.

Last edited:
We stopped after failing phase 2 on YS tonight. We wasted so much time downing the general. We re-cleared trash twice on him... eventually we changed up the rolls of 3 of our members and got him down on the first try and nobody dide. As a healer, that fight is a total kick in the dick. Would not recommend.

We had to reclear the trash to general 3 times :/. We wasted 2 hours yesterday trying to heal the tank through 30k hits and 15k raid damage every 30s before we realized the fire nova thing could be interrupted. Yay for retard mode.

As a healer, that fight is a total kick in the dick. Would not recommend.

YS or vezax? and could you elaborate some, please? my 25 is on mimiron now and any heads up will save my repair bill on future bosses :D

YS phase2 it looks like melee have all the fun =/

YS or vezax? and could you elaborate some, please? my 25 is on mimiron now and any heads up will save my repair bill on future bosses :D

YS phase2 it looks like melee have all the fun =/

vezax.

There is no mana regen during the fight. Pots and abilities do not regen mana either. During the fight, vezax spawns green clouds with about 12k health. When you kill the clouds, it drops an AoE on the ground that when stood in, regens mana exponentially, but at the cost of health. It's a stacking Debuff that you don't want more than 6 or 7 stacks of.

Here's the problem with all that... the general also targets random ranged players with a shadow crush ability. it's a ranged missile attack that targets the ground a person is at. when it hits the ground, it puts a black zone on the ground that boosts damage, and reducing healing, The impact of the crush also has about a 5-10 yard radius and knocks back anyone in it, while dealing a lot of damage.

On top of that, he'll random target a raid member with a debuff that will heal the boss if any raid member is within 15 yards of the debuffed player. So if you get the dubuff, you have to run away from the raid.

As for those green clouds.... there's only 8 for the whole fight. The hard part is not getting fucked over with the random targets while you're trying to regen mana. If someone gets the debuff or shadow crush while in the green zone, it's pretty much ruined.

The raid also has a pretty tough time paying attention to everone else's position. since the shadow crush will hit the spot a player WAS at when they were targeted, you get a lot of other group members who don't take notice of that spot and eat the knockback.

As for melee, they have to interrupt an AoE blast that the boss charges every 5 seconds or so, or else it'll pretty much wipe the raid since health and mana can not be wasted on this fight. The tank is also going to have to kite the general every time he enrages or else he'll die. This puts the tanks threat for the fight pretty low, so ranged DPS can't stand in the black zones on the ground with the dps increase and blow him up all day. They'll pull agro, and the boss is non tauntable.

I would've made another video for this guy, but fraps was giving me a terrible frame rate during the boss and I had to shut it off. Suffice to say, I fucking hate that boss, and his fucking trash.

Edit: Forgot to mention, spiritual attunement does work for mana regen. We swaped out our prot warrior for a paladin, and he had no problems with mana.

Last edited:
We had a fun time in 10m Ulduar last night, some of the trash is more challenging than the bosses though. Freya was a fun fight, Ignis was challenging and Kologran was a joke. On 25m we got Ignis to 50% pre nerf, and killed Decon pre nerf. Shittier guilds passed us because they didn't start Ulduar till everything was nerfed. :\

Atreides: Just have a DK tank him and not kite him at all. Makes things HELLA easier. Icebound Fortitude is up for every Surge of Darkness.

Well we gave YS our last shot for an hour and change tonight. Still can't get past phase 2. However we're not wiping on phase 1, so I guess that's progress. I wish I knew what was going on for that phase, but I'm stuck outside healing/dispelling. Not sure what the problem is, or how to fix it.

We'd lose people to insanity each time. Plus I'm not sure how much damage our DPS team were getting done on the brain each time they went in. By the sound of things, it wasn't a lot. The problem is, we'd switch a few people's roles for who stays out/goes in. I think that kept setting us back as well. We also brought in 3 people that were not there to see the fight at all from the day before, so they were a little clueless about what to expect.

Both are completely preventable imo.
Wasn't implying that they weren't. On 10 man I don't think we could have done it if we had anyone go insane or die.
We'd lose people to insanity each time. Plus I'm not sure how much damage our DPS team were getting done on the brain each time they went in. By the sound of things, it wasn't a lot. The problem is, we'd switch a few people's roles for who stays out/goes in. I think that kept setting us back as well. We also brought in 3 people that were not there to see the fight at all from the day before, so they were a little clueless about what to expect.
Yogg-Saron kill with voice over guide. (Warr POV)

Pretty good video on the fight. Inside should stay the same each time so they can get the strategy down for killing tentacles. Going insane while in the portal is preventable and if needed they can hop in a sanity well before they go in the next one.

Sounds like Ulduar can kiss my ass.

I'll take casual raiding any day of the week. I like a game when it is a game, not a nipple-twisting torture fest.

Back