[NWS][Photoshoot] The Ultimate Philly Cheesesteak Taste Test

34.jpg

:rofl:

Definitely your poorest showing. The first thing that comes to mind is that there are way too many redundant pics. Do we really needs 6 diff shots of fraggle with cheese and meat hanging out? You need to edit, edit, edit! Especially since there is no story, you need to pick out the best one or two shots that express the idea or image you want. Otherwise it just all looks the same and I found myself just scrolling thru most pics, bored.

You don't seem to have any kind of cohesive concept of what you are photographing. It's like you got the idea of cheesesteak and an attractive female with fraggle, and that's where it ended. I thought you could have done a lot more with the contrast of her smooth, alabaster skin and the roughly textured dark meat. I also think a lot of the pics are too blown out. I think you could get some fantastic shots with that girl and some deep shadows. With her skin, you should be able to get some striking compositions.

Lastly, I really don't see you growing or evolving as an artist. I see you stuck in the same place as when you first started doing these shoots. It's like you're trying to be shocking or sexually challenging/ambiguous, but at the same time, you want us to know that's not you. There is never any doubt about your "orientation" becasue you are always making goofy faces or really exaggerated posturing. And it doesn't look like you are satirizing homosexual or bisexual lifestyles. It looks to me like you are afraid to honestly explore those themes. Obviously that is not for everyone, but it is quite apparent that it is a subject that you have some fascination or curiosity about, yet too timid to actually take those subjects head on. What if you reshot your last sequence, but did it with the serious or passionate expressions that a man secure in his sexuality would have, whatever that may be? Would that be too uncomfortable for you? Why?

Anyway, I think you have potential. But for now you're stuck in place and not showing any growth as an artist.

I posted earlier, I have just one question, for fraggle actually, but mstrike would you mind asking for me?

Which do you enjoy more, the mexican sans culo or white trash n' cheese?

Definitely your poorest showing. The first thing that comes to mind is that there are way too many redundant pics. Do we really needs 6 diff shots of fraggle with cheese and meat hanging out? You need to edit, edit, edit! Especially since there is no story, you need to pick out the best one or two shots that express the idea or image you want. Otherwise it just all looks the same and I found myself just scrolling thru most pics, bored.

You don't seem to have any kind of cohesive concept of what you are photographing. It's like you got the idea of cheesesteak and an attractive female with fraggle, and that's where it ended. I thought you could have done a lot more with the contrast of her smooth, alabaster skin and the roughly textured dark meat. I also think a lot of the pics are too blown out. I think you could get some fantastic shots with that girl and some deep shadows. With her skin, you should be able to get some striking compositions.

Lastly, I really don't see you growing or evolving as an artist. I see you stuck in the same place as when you first started doing these shoots. It's like you're trying to be shocking or sexually challenging/ambiguous, but at the same time, you want us to know that's not you. There is never any doubt about your "orientation" becasue you are always making goofy faces or really exaggerated posturing. And it doesn't look like you are satirizing homosexual or bisexual lifestyles. It looks to me like you are afraid to honestly explore those themes. Obviously that is not for everyone, but it is quite apparent that it is a subject that you have some fascination or curiosity about, yet too timid to actually take those subjects head on. What if you reshot your last sequence, but did it with the serious or passionate expressions that a man secure in his sexuality would have, whatever that may be? Would that be too uncomfortable for you? Why?

Anyway, I think you have potential. But for now you're stuck in place and not showing any growth as an artist.
This is the director's cut. The one that we're going to post on flickr, etc. is only going to be 12 of the best pictures.

Other than that, I appreciate your criticism. To answer your question: I am secure in my sexuality. I know that I am a straight male but I do not have a problem being naked and covered in cheese in front of a group of other males. I make the exaggerated faces in order to mock models around the world who attempt to be "serious" and "passionate". My art is a mockery of other art. I'm like the Weird Al of the art world.

This is the director's cut. The one that we're going to post on flickr, etc. is only going to be 12 of the best pictures.

Other than that, I appreciate your criticism. To answer your question: I am secure in my sexuality. I know that I am a straight male but I do not have a problem being naked and covered in cheese in front of a group of other males. I make the exaggerated faces in order to mock models around the world who attempt to be "serious" and "passionate". My art is a mockery of other art. I'm like the Weird Al of the art world.

I guess you're pretty fly for a straight guy...

Keep up the good work Mstrike, while I can appreciate his criticisms, I believe that breaking down the boundaries of our sexually stringent, homophobic society is a crucial part of us breaking down barriers...while your method is interesting and grotesque, your message is loud and clear.

Back