Malygos 10

Why would I stop bringing it up? It's exactly the reason you're bad.

Game Design, Psychology, Flow, and Mastery - Articles - Playing to Win, Part1

I'm perfectly equipped to judge you by the way, as the armory is quite transparent, even if you never posted.

That article is interesting (I read it) but it doesn't apply here. I am not pro-hardcore and never claimed to be.

I've been talking down to the scrub a lot in this article. I'd like to say for the record that I'm not calling the scrub stupid, nor did I even coin that term in the first place. I'm not saying he can never improve. I am saying that he's naive and that he'll be trapped in scrubdom, whether he realizes it or not, as long as he chooses to live in the mental construct of rules he himself constructed. Is it harsh to call scrubs naive? After all, the vast majority of the world is scrubs. I'd say by the definition I've classified 99.9% of the world's population as scrubs. Seriously. All that means is that 99.9% of the world doesn't know what it's like to play competitive games on a high level. It means that they are naive of these concepts. I really have no trouble saying that since we're talking about experience-driven knowledge here that most people on Earth happen not to have. I also know that 99.9% of the world (including me) doesn't know how the citric acid cycle and cellular respiration create approximately 30 ATP molecules per cycle. It's specialized knowledge of which I am unaware, just as many are unaware of competitive games.

I don't play at that level and I don't want to. I probably fit that definition of "scrub" and I think you do too, unless you can claim a bunch of WoW world firsts and tournament wins.

When you bitch constantly about other people not playing to win, while not playing to win, that makes you a hypocritical douchebag, and is the main reason we are all mocking you.

WoW is a team game, and world-firsts are not directly under my control. That said, I've been part of nearly every faction-first (and most server-firsts) on the realm I've been playing on From Lucifron through 3-drake. I also ran a "cheese" comp. to Gladiator in 5s as a Rogue (the class with the lowest representation in the bracket) the only season I played Arena.

I play to win.

WoW is a team game, and world-firsts are not directly under my control.
That's the same excuse you were just giving me shit for on Page 3.

I'm sorry you're too much of a pussy to speak up when people are wasting your time.

I'm not cursed with such a shitty personality defect.

Do you play to win or not? You want to go ahead and acknowledge that part of your success (in this game) is heavily dependent on other people?

I play to win too. I'm just not a min/maxer. I am not hardcore elite and I don't want to be. The difference here, and the one thing you seem not able to wrap your head around, is that I'm holding up my end of the bargain. I know the fights, I know my role, and I come prepared to win every time. I push the buttons in the right order. I move when I'm supposed to.

The other people aren't doing that.

I came in here, having read the strat and watched the video, asking for details and expectations of an encounter that we failed to complete. We failed. It was a sanity check and I'm grateful to those who contributed.

If you want to turn it around and make it all about me, go ahead. Be prepared for me to put you in your place.

There is a gigantic difference between not moving from a top-50 guild to a top-10 guild (which has financial implications in addition to logistical ones -- i.e.: scheduling conflicts, etc.) and not speaking up when people are being fucking retarded. I'm neither an officer nor a raid leader in Vindi, but you can be damn sure that I will point out exactly why we failed because of your mistake.

Also, you're not even playing to win on your own character, let alone the meta-game involving your guild/team.

If you aren't min/maxing, then you aren't really playing to win. You've set artificial limits on yourself.

i can't stop following this thread

what financial implications are there to moving to a top 10 guild?
I play, my wife plays, and we both have alts.

I spend enough on this stupid game without spending $200 to move characters around when a guild has a downspike.

^ Who am I to criticize without posting a link to my own armory?

The World of Warcraft Armory

On another note...I rerolled horde to join StK when WotLK hit. I've had more fun with them, breezing through content, than I ever did struggling with my terribad alliance guild (search the threads I made...they were basically Data's guild.)

Explain how not taking a talent or ability that increases your damage potential doesn't set barriers for your total damage, sustained damage etc? I play to win, and I could do 10 more DPS by having talent XYZ, but I don't do that because it's subjective or I'm not hardcore. :domotwak:

Explain how setting a template and expecting it to be viable for every single player in every circumstance isn't an artificial limit.

I don't think you get it. I didn't go "Oh that looks fun!" and pull a talent out of my ass for no reason.

That's entirely subjective.
Playing to win. = Putting forth maximum effort in an effort to succeed at a task.

Putting forth maximum effort in an effort to succeed at a task. = Getting the most possible out of your character. (Applying this to WoW.)

Getting the most possible out of your character. = Min/Maxing.

Therefore:

Playing to win. = Min/Maxing.

I'd venture a guess he hasn't even tried the "cookie cutter" build, because if he had he would see an improvement in his dps and have stuck with it. Then again, he might be stupid enough to have tried it, noticed the improvement and went back to his shittastic spec anyway.

But what if he needed his counterspell to silence a raid boss? WHAT THEN, YOU EVER THINK ABOUT THAT BIG GUY!? And 5 SP > 15 Haste because Mages like SP!

Last edited:
Back