[Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please] by telos - Page 201 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]
Page 201 of 229
Mojo616
VeteranXV
Old
4001 - 04-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
baited breath.
fail.

also, telos, keep us up to speed on what's going on in the process.
 
Mojo616 is offline
 
Sponsored Links
telos
VeteranXV
Old
4002 - 04-08-2009, 01:36 PM
as always I'll post any information I get as soon as I get it.
 
telos is offline
 
Jelly
VeteranXV
Old
4003 - 04-08-2009, 01:40 PM
do the website idea!
 
Jelly is offline
 
telos
VeteranXV
Old
4004 - 04-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly View Post
do the website idea!
you want to make it for me? get a prototype together on your own webspace and if it looks worth hosting I'll get the domain :P
 
telos is offline
 
Wraithed
VeteranXV
Old
4006 - 04-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
I've gotten input from two lawyers already and both said at the end of it the best you can hope for is to get some documents during "discovery" that answer more of your questions and thats only if it got that far.

Which honestly I doubt.

Like I said I'll give feldmann some time to go over the facts and make a statement before going any further.
What? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Be honest here... you called a consumer rights lawyer and they told you that the best you can hope for is to get some answers during discovery?

No one mentioned the word SETTLEMENT to you? Because I would think that before it even got to discovery they would have a settlement in the works. Seeing as how they have committed fraud.
 
Wraithed is offline
 
Icey
VeteranX
Old
4007 - 04-08-2009, 01:58 PM
The fact that they screwed you is cut and dried, though getting a judgment against them would be difficult.

Getting a settlement with the help of a good lawyer and raising hell in the media? Much easier. Sucks that it may have to come to that though.
 
Icey is offline
 
Wraithed
VeteranXV
Old
4008 - 04-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Look dude I am trying to help you here!

Len Tillem is a lawyer in the bay area who answers legal questions on the radio for free. You can also contact him by email:
KGO AM 810 Newstalk Radio, San Francisco.
kgoradio@lentillem.com

Just contact a real independent lawyer. I seriously hope that the "lawyers" that you have contacted are not TW lawyers.
 
Wraithed is offline
 
telos
VeteranXV
Old
4009 - 04-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithed View Post
Look dude I am trying to help you here!

Len Tillem is a lawyer in the bay area who answers legal questions on the radio for free. You can also contact him by email:
KGO AM 810 Newstalk Radio, San Francisco.
kgoradio@lentillem.com

Just contact a real independent lawyer. I seriously hope that the "lawyers" that you have contacted are not TW lawyers.
family friends actually. To be honest though one is no longer really practicing and the other is in corporate law.

Like I said I'll deal with that when it comes to that.
 
telos is offline
 
Icey
VeteranX
Old
4010 - 04-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithed View Post
Just contact a real independent lawyer. I seriously hope that the "lawyers" that you have contacted are not TW lawyers.
I am a certified Internet lawyer complete with a whole semester of constitutional law under my belt, a class in which I received an "A." You should totally listen to me for all your legal advice.
 
Icey is offline
 
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
4011 - 04-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that they won't want to receive negative press. You need to point out the issues with the contest. Mention that legit people had their accounts closed and had to email the contest admin to get them to open them back up. Mention the irregular voting, show them the spreadsheet and the evidence.

Again, this is not a 'boo hoo we lost' kind of thing. This is legitimately getting screwed for all your hard work kind of thing.

If you had lost due to not getting enough votes, then this would be different. I don't like their explanation at all.
 
JoMo is offline
 
travelyan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
4012 - 04-08-2009, 02:12 PM
"you won fair and square but... it seems like maybe you might have possibly cheated but we're not sure. so we're giving it to the 2nd place guy."

****. THAT. i didn't vote in this contest one time but even i'm pissed off about it
 
travelyan is offline
 
Mharrman
VeteranX
Old
4013 - 04-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Someone needs to write up a good blog artical so we can post it to digg,slashdot, ect. and then digg it up for all to see.

For some reason people love to fight e-injustice.
 
Mharrman is offline
 
telos
VeteranXV
Old
4014 - 04-08-2009, 02:19 PM
All of that has been submitted to the contest administration. They don't care. Feldmann still hadn't looked at the results when I first spoke to them this morning and have not received all of the details from my end. I'll put a more complete e-mail together this evening and get it out to them. I'm expecting some response from them yet today on my initial inquiry since I was told they would get back to me with something today.
 
telos is offline
 
filsinger
Crazy HookerX
Contributor
Old
4015 - 04-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Wow.. this is really pissy. I knew they would find a way to screw you. What is funny to me is that the team that won was clearly sponsored by a site selling modified xboxs. (which you could interpret as making them look bad.)

Did anyone here vote for the xbox crew with fake information? Come forward and report it to them saying that they had suspect votes as well.
 
filsinger is offline
 
Bohica
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
4016 - 04-08-2009, 02:41 PM
.
 
Bohica is offline
 
Last edited by Bohica; 04-08-2009 at 03:03 PM.
filsinger
Crazy HookerX
Contributor
Old
4017 - 04-08-2009, 02:49 PM
You don't have to make any affiliation with Telos, say you are with the 3rd place team screaming both cheated.

edit: it was mentioned earlier in the thread that someone did it. (voted for xbox with false information to see if they got deducted votes)
 
filsinger is offline
 
Last edited by filsinger; 04-08-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Bohica
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
4018 - 04-08-2009, 02:55 PM
You posted it in this thread (I guess along with other people, if you say so). We should probably assume the other contestants will (or have) found this forum and could read this thread.
 
Bohica is offline
 
telos
VeteranXV
Old
4019 - 04-08-2009, 03:00 PM
some people are pretty special when it comes to their mouth filter. :P

a lot of the bad press probably comes from people having "great ideas" that are really quite stupid and hopefully they didn't follow through with them.
 
telos is offline
 
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
4020 - 04-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Honestly it would be a statistical impossibility for Team 2 to not have suffered the same illegitimate vote situation that you did, given the number of votes cast. It's out of your control, therefore it is the responsibility of the dealer to ensure fairness. It's obvious they didn't. Had they eliminated both you and Team 2, and given the prize to Team 3, it would appear more objective.

If nothing can be done, I say we crash the wedding.
 
Fool is offline
 
Page 201 of 229


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
defcon 1 , defcon 2 , fuck nissan , hack the gibson , nissan sucks traps , telos is a pussy , telos is spineless

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.