Tigole gone from WoW

Personally I would have unsubscribed shortly after Wrath, or not even have purchased it if Ulduar wasn't on the horizon. Anyone who expected Naxx(lol old content) to be fun/challenging is a fool.
It's given us plenty of time to level and gear out alts which will come in handy down the road when min-maxing and/or raid stacking are possibly needed.

I was 70 for nearly a year before I leveled my alt from ~level 35 to 70 because I had less available time to play than now plus there was much more to do. Tabards for raising faction rep was a nice idea, but being unable to rep up in raids is shitty.

Also, allowing people to purchase gems for 5man emblems was a horrible decision. Jewelcrafting is barely profitable now and almost all cuts are going for about 50% what they did before 3.0.8. Using 25man emblems would've been a much better idea so people could choose between buying their own gems or saving up to sell bracers on the AH.

It's given us plenty of time to level and gear out alts which will come in handy down the road when min-maxing and/or raid stacking are possibly needed.

I was 70 for nearly a year before I leveled my alt from ~level 35 to 70 because I had less available time to play than now plus there was much more to do. Tabards for raising faction rep was a nice idea, but being unable to rep up in raids is shitty.

Also, allowing people to purchase gems for 5man emblems was a horrible decision. Jewelcrafting is barely profitable now and almost all cuts are going for about 50% what they did before 3.0.8. Using 25man emblems would've been a much better idea so people could choose between buying their own gems or saving up to sell bracers on the AH.

I think it's pretty obvious that Blizzard doesn't want professions to be profitable except in rare cases. Be happy it was profitable for a while before Blizzard corrected it.

nope but i am looking forward to their new Tribes... its a shame what they did to Tribes with T2 though.

Spooky...

it doesn't have to be a tortureous grind in order for the content to be challenging, ie sunwell

Maybe not for you... A lot of people have other things that take their time too.
I doubt Blizz will make the huge mistake of only catering to the 5% of people who want a hardcore game. It would be a huge step back for them to do that knowing they could possibly double what they're making already thanks to their 'formula'

the problem is, it didn't take "tons of time" to not be fucking terrible at vanilla wow and bc

all it took was 25 non retards and apparently there were only 5% of those groups

before sunwell my guild was clearing hyjal and bt in 1.5 nights, while the "casual" guilds with "better things to do with their time" were raiding 5 nights a week and totally failing in ssc and tk

your argument is flawed

the problem is, it didn't take "tons of time" to not be fucking terrible at vanilla wow and bc

all it took was 25 non retards and apparently there were only 5% of those groups

before sunwell my guild was clearing hyjal and bt in 1.5 nights, while the "casual" guilds with "better things to do with their time" were raiding 5 nights a week and totally failing in ssc and tk

your argument is flawed

Saying 'before sunwell' means jack shit. The time it took to go from when hyjal and bt came out to when sunwell came out was quite a bit. I have trouble believing your guild cleared them in 1.5 nights right off the bat. Don't be a fucking moron, your guild did it by spending time on it and getting people to learn each encounter, not by pvp-ing and playing grab-ass in a casual guild. And if all it takes is 25 non-retards then it still takes a while to weed them out.

Your counter-argument is nonexistent

Saying 'before sunwell' means jack shit. The time it took to go from when hyjal and bt came out to when sunwell came out was quite a bit. I have trouble believing your guild cleared them in 1.5 nights right off the bat. Don't be a fucking moron, your guild did it by spending time on it and getting people to learn each encounter, not by pvp-ing and playing grab-ass in a casual guild. And if all it takes is 25 non-retards then it still takes a while to weed them out.

Your counter-argument is nonexistent

kael dead -> bt/hyjal on farm took less than two months

sorry man, the game was fairly easy then and it's even easier now :/

Spooky...

Maybe not for you... A lot of people have other things that take their time too.
I doubt Blizz will make the huge mistake of only catering to the 5% of people who want a hardcore game. It would be a huge step back for them to do that knowing they could possibly double what they're making already thanks to their 'formula'

they could just make a noob server and pros server... win win imo :)

kael dead -> bt/hyjal on farm took less than two months

sorry man, the game was fairly easy then and it's even easier now :/

'just two months' is a nice chunk of a year

I'm positive your top guild didn't get it on farm by only raiding a couple hours per week. Sure it's easy, after you've learned it and taken your lumps along the way... for two months.

I stopped raiding after AQ cause spending several hours per day a few days per week learning encounters and getting 40 people jive just wasn't worth the chore to me anymore.

Say what you want but Blizzard's numbers aren't wrong. Subs are still up so they're obviously doing things right. You might not like it but hey, you go out and two more come in. Personally I'd rather play a game, not have a second job.

when I played it was 4 nights a week for about 4 hours a night, we killed a new boss every week pretty much

I'm not really sure what we're arguing about anymore

they could just make a noob server and pros server... win win imo :)
Tichondrius is proof positive that noobs will choose the wrong server anyways. Assuming that 50% of Tichondrius' population are either transfers or rerolls during or after arena season 1 would probably be a safe bet, and probably fewer than a dozen of them are worth having around.

Back