Protodrakes how do u get them?

It's pretty much dead-on though. The only difference is that one raid getting the drake doesn't give all the bosses more HP for everyone else. =p

Us mere mortals can still get the violet (homo) drake from the Seasonal Event achievements. Albeit not for another 1.5 years (for most of us).

I was gonna say I thought they were taking them out and replacing them with other 310% mounts in an attempt to appease the "hardcore" crowd so their achievements aren't trivialized.

I was gonna say I thought they were taking them out and replacing them with other 310% mounts in an attempt to appease the "hardcore" crowd so their achievements aren't trivialized.
That too, but then again almost all achievements are trivial anyways.

Things like Gonna Go When The Volcano Blows where most classes and specs can't achieve them unless they do the dirtnap strategy of tapping Sarth and dancing in the lava until the first breath are retarded. Others like Denyin' the Scion aren't so bad but we had to wipe on purpose to get them for our healers rather than wait 6 months for them to all finish them by jacking discs from melee. The 20man achievements felt retarded also because it requires 2-3 weeks of undermanned raiding to get everyone covered and I'd rather plow through and finish early.

I'd rather that they just had achievements upon meeting certain DPS/time benchmarks to encourage raiding with 2-4 healers which is risky and fun rather than playing down 5 people and just taking longer. Sure it may have meant 5 versions of Make Quick Werk of Him for different bosses, but DPS races are fun.

Pretty true, nearly all the achievements are relatively inconsistent when it comes to difficulty, and that's not even counting the occasional "bug" which gets it done for you. The raid achievements are probably even worse because they bank on no one dying and even if everyone has the gear and knows the fight there could always be a little lag-snag somewhere in the raid and ends up killing even one person and botching it for the whole week.

I'm still curious why they are going with hippogryphs for Argent Crusade. I know it should be a flying mount but I'm sure they could have done better than that. Probably wanted to use gryphons but felt alliance would QQ about Horde having access to gryphon mounts or something. And of course not making a whole new mount model, just a re-color of an existing one.

Doesn't the horde ride bats out of Undercity? Why haven't there been any variations on those?

Maybe they're planning on making armored bats or something later on? And wow, I was hoping this wouldn't happen but I was skeptically optimistic...

MMO-Champion said:
The "Be Mine" achievement now only requires one to obtain six of the eight candies. This change will be retroactive for anyone who obtained at least six of the eight candies last time the event ran. Source.

Once again Blizzard buckles to the incessant QQ'ing of the masses. I'm calling it now, when Brewfest rolls around they will throw out a hotfix so Brew of the Year will only require drinking 3 - 6 of the 12.

Maybe they're planning on making armored bats or something later on? And wow, I was hoping this wouldn't happen but I was skeptically optimistic...

Once again Blizzard buckles to the incessant QQ'ing of the masses. I'm calling it now, when Brewfest rolls around they will throw out a hotfix so Brew of the Year will only require drinking 3 - 6 of the 12.

I got a bag in my first gift. Got 7/8. Didn't get another bag the whole fucking time. Fuck that shit.

I got a bag in my first gift. Got 7/8. Didn't get another bag the whole fucking time. Fuck that shit.

I got all 8 in two bags, and after that I got 4 - 5 bags. Hell on my 40 warlock I had one bag left over from last year and she got 8/8 in the ong bag, though to be fair I did that right when the achievement system went live. But to be fair I wasn't whoring Friendship pledges/gifts. Do it once an hour, get my pledge/gift of adoration and then do shit for an hour and then come back for another. I'm sure a lot of people spent lots of time whoring those to get gift collections to sell for money or to get arrows/rockets to sell for money too.

My point is they cater to QQ'ers and I'm predicting they will change the Brew of the Year achievement because people cry it's too hard, takes too long, unfair, etc. and they buckle to it.

Last edited:
Brew is dumb, when compared to the others, as is the "collect all the pets" from children's week. It doesn't fit with the rest of the set and I expect both to be axed.

I'd rather that they just had achievements upon meeting certain DPS/time benchmarks to encourage raiding with 2-4 healers which is risky and fun rather than playing down 5 people and just taking longer. Sure it may have meant 5 versions of Make Quick Werk of Him for different bosses, but DPS races are fun.

This is my position on it. I like Sarth and the drakes, adds a unique factor to the game. I hate bullshit like the Thaddius achievement. Despite me having not messed up since the first couple of attempts, every week, someone fucks it up.

Call them terribad or whatever, but even a lag spurt can mess it up.

Their rationale for not removing Brew of the Year is idiotic. And the only lobbyists for it are those who by some fucking retarded fling decided to spend 200 brewfest tickets on the stupid invitation that happened to be required in the final meta achievement before even achievements were introduced.

And they're easing up on the candy thing? Jesus.

That too, but then again almost all achievements are trivial anyways.

Things like Gonna Go When The Volcano Blows where most classes and specs can't achieve them unless they do the dirtnap strategy of tapping Sarth and dancing in the lava until the first breath are retarded. Others like Denyin' the Scion aren't so bad but we had to wipe on purpose to get them for our healers rather than wait 6 months for them to all finish them by jacking discs from melee. The 20man achievements felt retarded also because it requires 2-3 weeks of undermanned raiding to get everyone covered and I'd rather plow through and finish early.

This is true, I like the achievement for patchwork, it gives you something to push for once the raid is beating the enraged timer by a few minutes even while down a few people. For a fight like that where dps just stand their dpsing it makes things a little more interesting.

This is my position on it. I like Sarth and the drakes, adds a unique factor to the game. I hate bullshit like the Thaddius achievement. Despite me having not messed up since the first couple of attempts, every week, someone fucks it up.

Call them terribad or whatever, but even a lag spurt can mess it up.

Sadly this is true. Sometimes it's not even being bad, you can have everyone on a really good connection and knowing the fight and have situational awareness. You could go in there and half the fight things are looking up, and all you really need is one person's connection to hiccup and *boom* achievement is squashed for the whole week.

Their rationale for not removing Brew of the Year is idiotic. And the only lobbyists for it are those who by some fucking retarded fling decided to spend 200 brewfest tickets on the stupid invitation that happened to be required in the final meta achievement before even achievements were introduced.

And they're easing up on the candy thing? Jesus.

Which is exactly why they:

A) will remove the Brew of the Month achievement from the meta during or shortly after Brewfest, OR

B) Already have a plan in place to make the 12 brews immediately available to anyone who buys an invitation during Brewfest 2009.

They've already telegraphed their intentions.

Back