Don't lose Faith, they're doing more then you think. RTFM. by rook - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page Don't lose Faith, they're doing more then you think. RTFM.
Page 1 of 2
rook
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 01-30-2009, 11:29 AM
A lot of people are griping about WAR lately.. and have read the small blurb about the new content/patches and are saying it's not enough. But you ADHD bastards need to read the long version, they're addressing ALL of the issues.

Long version: Mythic Entertainment | Warhammer Herald

few tiny highlights of stuff that is mentioned:
so a new free trial = good, $50 is a lot to "try" if you don't have a friend with refers
keep upgrades/changes = obviously the ramp
more end game content = nice..
paying attention to all classes, especially CC = if you're one of those CC chainers in t4 better learn some real skills
lots of "small" bug fixes = nice

lots more... read it, this isn't just 2 new careers, new dungeon, few live events.... its much more.

Last edited by rook; 01-30-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Flowen
VeteranX
Old
2 - 01-30-2009, 02:25 PM
how about they release those bug fixes instead of including them in content patches. Moves for classes still don't work, some tactics still don't work, you can still stack stupid debuffs, etc.

braski
VeteranX
Old
3 - 01-30-2009, 03:57 PM
the whole game blows
go back to daoc or play your little ******y wow. but war needs to die. have you guys tried daoc lately on the classic server? its ridiculous how good that game is now.. but the population sucks. i swear if mythic just repackaged the current version of daoc it would last far longer than this **** game. **** war

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
4 - 01-30-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm probably going to let my account expire on Feb 27th.
The end game is really bad when it comes to the forts. The majority of people are retarded, and it has become frustrating.

I rolled a couple chars earlier today to enjoy the Tier 3 area which was the most fun.

Jamezeo
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 01-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braski View Post
the whole game blows
go back to daoc or play your little ******y wow. but war needs to die. have you guys tried daoc lately on the classic server? its ridiculous how good that game is now.. but the population sucks. i swear if mythic just repackaged the current version of daoc it would last far longer than this **** game. **** war
just full of QQ aren't you

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
6 - 01-30-2009, 08:58 PM
yea if DAoC still had the players it had even a year ago i would still be playing for sure. Although my cluster devon is pretty busy at night, I want to play classic because I am tired of leveling artifacts every time I level an alt.

braski
VeteranX
Old
7 - 01-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamezeo View Post
just full of QQ aren't you
people not "QQ"ing and being satisfied with whatever cartoony horse**** gets thrown at them is the reason these games end up ****ty.

Ickz
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 01-31-2009, 07:37 PM
One of the last DAoC grab bags said there would be news soon about the origins server. I'm looking forward to that. War is a joke, I let my account die after reactivating recently. I can't believe they're already working on an xpac when there's still so many things wrong with the game still.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
9 - 02-01-2009, 11:00 PM
you must be new to MMORPGs if you don't recognize mythic's typical 'carrot and stick' tactics. i think they only fix everything when they think the game is about dead, look at daoc.

Lord Elessar
or something
Contributor
Old
10 - 02-02-2009, 12:22 PM
they still never fixed the major Necromancer bugs in DAoC. I actually liked playing my Necro as more than a powerlevel bot but alas, no. As soon as stealthers got the elemental weapons it was game over.

Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 02-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Too little, too late. A lot of the changes that are still being promised have been talked about since pre-release.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
12 - 02-02-2009, 01:40 PM
i mean their current gimmick is releasing classes that are supposed to already be in the game. oh boy!

rook
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 02-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Yeah i'm new to mmorpgs. Still in the honeymoon phase of this type of game I suppose, maybe i'll be back in june and bitter as well.

Or maybe cause i've been almost an exclusive FPS player I don't really see the issues. For example fortress ramps just feel like turtles to me. One side is having fun, the other is frustrated.. it happens. I personally never disliked trying to break a turtle on IceRidge.

I think the biggest thing though is that I play on Dark Crag now. I would've quit had I stuck to Red Eye Mountain by now I think too. It amounts to joining a tribes pub with 5-6 people on, opposed to a 24+ person pub anytime of the day/night.

Lord Elessar
or something
Contributor
Old
14 - 02-02-2009, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't mind the ramp if the lord wasn't up there wiping us in addition to the other side. I think they should have separated the interior choke point and the lord room.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
15 - 02-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rook View Post
Yeah i'm new to mmorpgs. Still in the honeymoon phase of this type of game I suppose, maybe i'll be back in june and bitter as well.

Or maybe cause i've been almost an exclusive FPS player I don't really see the issues. For example fortress ramps just feel like turtles to me. One side is having fun, the other is frustrated.. it happens. I personally never disliked trying to break a turtle on IceRidge.

I think the biggest thing though is that I play on Dark Crag now. I would've quit had I stuck to Red Eye Mountain by now I think too. It amounts to joining a tribes pub with 5-6 people on, opposed to a 24+ person pub anytime of the day/night.
You moved? You *******! Are you destro on Dark Crag? Name.

DacTheHork
Veteran++
Old
16 - 02-03-2009, 08:38 PM
quit now

they already downsized EA mythic IIRC

**** isn't gonna be fixed, i doubt they will even have an expansion

Quote:
. If recent claims are true, that unexpected disappointment may have cost more than 21 employees of EA Mythic their jobs.

ResolvE
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 02-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
you must be new to MMORPGs if you don't recognize mythic's typical 'carrot and stick' tactics. i think they only fix everything when they think the game is about dead, look at daoc.
exactly why im waiting till they drop the re-sub price to under 10$. Its only fair considering i will only get real rvr action on fri/sat night

G-Force
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 02-04-2009, 01:31 AM
I hate this saying but it holds true here...

fail game is fail.

I had high hopes for this game (just like everyone else).

Sir Lucius
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 02-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
(just like everyone else)
I didn't have high hopes for this game. This is pretty much exactly what I predicted -- EA has a track record of release and forget. I'm sorry you guys don't get your fun game though; kind of ****ty, but don't trust EA in the future, or at least be a little more skeptical.

ResolvE
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 02-04-2009, 11:45 AM
DAOC Orgins

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page Don't lose Faith, they're doing more then you think. RTFM.

Social Website Bullshit