1 - 01-25-2009, 22:24
has potential to be best tribes yet.

discuss

Sponsored Links
BugsPray
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 01-26-2009, 01:48
I like it. It's fast and new. The old Tribes games are too slow to me now.

Z][RO
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 01-26-2009, 03:56
It starts to feel really good after a while. Pretty tight community it seems, too.

Stilgar
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 01-26-2009, 15:27
It would help if we could attract more vets into the game.
Teach nubs.
Own people.
Help out.
et cetera.

Redvan
VeteranX
Old
5 - 01-31-2009, 18:15
werd.

mr_fine
Veteran
Old
6 - 02-23-2009, 02:59
ya FE:l is a lot faster then tribes, i downloaded tribes to see what people were fussing about and i found a great game to bad there isn't anyone to play with

Panzin
Veteran
Old
7 - 02-23-2009, 18:39
I can't really get into the feel of the game. I played for an hour, and couldn't go as fast as others, or aim as well whilst going at fast speeds. Just a matter of practice I suppose.

Well, in my defense, I was raised on CS:S.

HomeGrown
Veteran++
Old
8 - 02-24-2009, 09:54
I kept going left on its own. Haven't played since.

Redvan
VeteranX
Old
9 - 02-24-2009, 15:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzin View Post

Well, in my defense, I was raised on CS:S.
[hint] that's not defense... actually... may want to keep that on the down low . Just say you played MUD's.[/hint]

Hell Phoenix
VeteranX
Old
10 - 02-25-2009, 12:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGrown View Post
I kept going left on its own. Haven't played since.
We are of the few people that this happens to. I found if i go to the IA folder and delete the 102 folder and redownload that helps sometimes.

Redvan
VeteranX
Old
11 - 02-26-2009, 11:51
that still happening to you HP?

DudeofDeath
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
12 - 04-30-2009, 13:59
Being a diehard T1/T2 fan I was surprised at how slow and bouncy T2 Classic felt after a few months playing Legions. I'd have to say now that Legions has the more advanced physics and offers greater freedom of movement.

That being said it's still far from complete, but I think most of you diehard tribes fans will like what the game evolves into.

Stilgar
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 05-01-2009, 12:34
Battlefield Conquest League :: We Have Your Challenge!

Join a team.

57th is looking.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
14 - 05-01-2009, 12:42
Need moar TW guys.

Nobody here is aware of mabes mod, and how much better a pickup can be with tourney mode, fall damage, and more balanced gameplay etc.

PM for pickup info, we organize on vent often.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
15 - 05-04-2009, 22:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
Need moar TW guys.

Nobody here is aware of mabes mod, and how much better a pickup can be with tourney mode, fall damage, and more balanced gameplay etc.

PM for pickup info, we organize on vent often.
Details on Mabe's mod por favor?

Stilgar
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 05-05-2009, 12:27
1) Rocket jump impulse increased 15% - This has helped chasers a good bit in catching up to the cappers which has been a big problem so far.

2) Fall damage added - very light fall damage, at full speed into a wall (so your direction is perpendicular to the wall) you will take 0.55 points of damage per meter per second over the minimum impact speed (35-45 range, not on my computer) and the amount diminishes depending on the difference between your direction and the impact. - This was added mostly to prevent the drop down OD's being so effective. A lot of times teams stack the offense to where it's impossible for the defense to stop cappers and then stop the LO that just fly up and OD down. It is still possible to do drop down ODs, however you will take some damage which prevents llama's from being as effective as regular routes. Fall damage has been tweaked down enough that I haven't heard anymore complaints as well as the damage being taken from OD tweaked to the point of it not being a factor.

3) Flag can't travel out of bounds - it bounces back with 35% of its previous velocity by default (adjustable amount). - This was added in to prevent players from taking the flag and throwing it out of bounds. In addition to that it helps prevent accidental drops OOB that slow the game down.

4) Pregame control - the host can start/stop the server countdown. During pregame you can do damage and kill people but scores on the board will not change. You can't pick up the flag in pregame. When the host decides, they can hit a bind and start the pregame countdown, which can be canceled. At the end of the countdown all players are automatically respawned. I'm pretty sure this also alleviates the damage bug. - This has probably been the best change with the mod and I know that no one has a problem with it.

Now for the issues that people seem to have a problem with.

1) RLS - As it is now Mabe has it setup so that when fired normally the rockets still do damage like they normally would. However it's secondary function (det) is setup so there is no damage done only a knockback effect, but at the same time it hasn't lost it's functionality for redirecting cappers coming in and moving bodyblockers out of the way, not to mention intercepting flag tosses. Personally I think this is a good solution for the weapon without making it lose it's unique qualities. I don't think I've heard that many complaints since these changes but I wanted to include it incase anyone has logical concerns about it.

2) Sniper Rifle - This is the biggest problem with the mod. Mabe's changes in the mod currently are a little too drastic for the majority of the current playerbase that's left and I might not even see eye to eye with him however I think we both realize there needs to be some middle ground here. The biggest problem we are having with the sniper rifle is the lack of options that mabe can actually change with the mod. Because of this I'm thinking it's best to keep it close to what's on live but tweak it so it's not such an easy weapon to use, but at the same time give it the chance to be taken to new levels.

If I was changing the sniper rifle I would do the following:
1) Take out the splash damage
2) shorten the length of the beam by a second or so (giving snipers the ability to still do a high damage shot, however it's won't be as forgiving as it currently is)
3) Give it an ammo limit of 15-20 (with the amount of remote ammo stations around this shouldn't be an issue)
4) Add in the ability to charge while skiing (this will add a new dimension to the rifle in which I think people would enjoy).
5) As far as energy drain I couldn't tell you for sure how I would want it.
6) Another part of the sniper rifle I'd like feedback on is the fall off damage the further the target gets. I don't think you should be able to snipe someone you can't see on maps like zenith and still do the maximum damage due to an indicator showing up, but I also think on maps like niv/moon/frost there isn't enough room to have falloff damage.

Exodus
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 05-19-2009, 06:00
this game ****ing rocks

korazin
Veteran5
Old
18 - 06-09-2009, 13:21
Meh imo doesnt feel much like oldschool tribes. and i dont personaly like how many keys i have to hold just to fly around correctly. adding a button to fly downward seems a bit much. i am cool w/ gravity holding me down.

Stilgar
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 06-11-2009, 14:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by korazin View Post
Meh imo doesnt feel much like oldschool tribes. and i dont personaly like how many keys i have to hold just to fly around correctly. adding a button to fly downward seems a bit much. i am cool w/ gravity holding me down.
Downjet allows you to avoid being shot - jet down while dueling...nice move.
It also speeds you up when skiing over the hills.

I bound it to my mouse wheel/button to make it easier to use.

It also makes reaching OD speeds MUCH easier.

Dispatch
VeteranX
Old
20 - 06-11-2009, 14:15
there are two things that are more important to me in a good tribes game to make it worth playing. First is the ability to ski, i think legions acheives a skiing which is inventive, feeling new and old at the sametime. Once i got the hang of it, i almost felt like i was playing T1. The second is the disc launcher, "rocket launcher", to me in legions this is where the game is lacking. Give me some splash damage and explosions, i also want a message to pop up and say when I MA someone. and Most importantly about the subject, i think the timing of the rocket may be a bit too fast. it sure feels a bit off.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Fallen Empire: Legions
Reload this Page game feels good

Social Website Bullshit