Reload this Page Fortress Changes
Page 1 of 2
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
1 - 01-07-2009, 18:24
Greetings!

The epic battle between the forces of Order and Destruction rages on across the lands. Dark Elf against High Elf, Dwarfs pitted against their age old enemy the Greenskins, and the upstart Humans of Order wage a bitter battle against the Forces of Chaos.

Sometimes epic warfare is halted by the powerful forces of server instability. The Mythic team is fighting a WAR of our own against these Fortress Siege stability issues and is now prepared to take the next step towards the long-term goal of providing our players with a truly epic Tier 4 Campaign. We will be implementing more improvements in the coming weeks however this initial change will allow more players to experience the Tier 4 campaign to its fullest.

Players on the Phoenix Throne, Dark Crag, Vortex, and Darklands servers (with a planned deployment to all live servers to follow in the coming days) will immediately notice a change to the way that the Tier 4 Racial Pairing Fortress sieges function. We will be implementing a hard cap on the total number of players that are able to occupy the Fortress area during a siege. The purpose of this change is twofold: to improve server stability, and allow even more players to participate in, and benefit from, capital city sieges.

When the Fortress population reaches certain population thresholds, players who are attempting to enter the area of the besieged Fortress that are Rank 35 and below will be teleported to the warcamp for the region they are in. When the next area population threshold has been met, players that are Rank 37 and below will be teleported to the warcamp. The final population threshold applies to players that are Rank 39 and below. Once the total population cap has been met for the area surrounding the Fortress, all players that attempt to enter the area will be teleported back to the regionís warcamp.

Itís very important to note that the majority our playersí Fortress siege experience should not be noticeably affected by this change. Hundreds of players will still be able to participate in taking the Fortress from their enemies. This measure will help to ensure that players are able to experience these epic battles in a more reliable manner.

Because of the strategic advantage that players will always have when defending a Keep, the attacking forces will have a numeric advantage when attempting to wrest control of a Keep from the opposing realm.

So get out there, lay waste to your enemies, drive their forces before you on the field of battle and be sure to choose your allies wisely.

Sponsored Links
Lord Elessar
or something
Contributor
Old
2 - 01-07-2009, 21:28
well they had to do something. I guess that's an ok bandaid until they can get better hardware or think of something else.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
3 - 01-08-2009, 10:41
wowwwww are you ****ing kidding me? nice to know i am going to get kicked out of orvr for the forseeable future.

Flowen
VeteranX
Old
4 - 01-08-2009, 11:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
wowwwww are you ****ing kidding me? nice to know i am going to get kicked out of orvr for the forseeable future.
stop being a scrub then you ****ing waste of space

Slobax
VeteranX
Old
5 - 01-08-2009, 12:34
doesn't seem like that big of a deal - good fix imo

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
6 - 01-08-2009, 12:55
Except everyone under 40 will be hiding in a corner on the far side of the Fortress so they don't die and get teleported out.

Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
7 - 01-08-2009, 13:13
umm

they already have successful fortress raids on dc all the time

soo why are they getting this first..?

On the surface it looks okay to me, not really optimal, but it's a start. Really, if you can't do the encounter at all due to crashes, then the problems with the encounter itself don't matter as much. Knowing Mythic, this will probably not work as intended, however.

You can't use the loot anyway below level 40, so this might encourage people barred from the encounter into doing something useful, like blockading the enemy warcamp, instead of hanging around hoping for drops. I've never been to a successful fort raid, but i'd be pissed if some level 34 got a conqueror drop =P

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
8 - 01-08-2009, 13:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowen View Post
stop being a scrub then you ****ing waste of space
what does 'being a scrub' imply? I level in orvr, it's not my fault they have me at level 32 with level 40s.

Flowen
VeteranX
Old
9 - 01-08-2009, 13:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
what does 'being a scrub' imply? I level in orvr, it's not my fault they have me at level 32 with level 40s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowen View Post
waste of space

?

Last edited by Flowen; 01-08-2009 at 13:24..
Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
10 - 01-08-2009, 13:28
how did you level from 32 to 40? pve is for fags.

Flowen
VeteranX
Old
11 - 01-08-2009, 13:54
I grinded PQ's and did scenarios, went from 32 to 40 in like 3 days lol

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
12 - 01-08-2009, 13:55
**** PQs and scenarios, I don't play a game to do boring ****. I also don't grind out 8 levels in 3 days, that is way too much computer time for me.

Flowen
VeteranX
Old
13 - 01-08-2009, 14:46
thats like 4 hours of gameplay a day

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
14 - 01-08-2009, 14:50
4 hours on a computer game a day is a ****ton to me. that would be 25% of my waking hours. no thanks I have a life.

Maven
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 01-08-2009, 14:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
umm

they already have successful fortress raids on dc all the time

soo why are they getting this first..?

On the surface it looks okay to me, not really optimal, but it's a start. Really, if you can't do the encounter at all due to crashes, then the problems with the encounter itself don't matter as much. Knowing Mythic, this will probably not work as intended, however.

You can't use the loot anyway below level 40, so this might encourage people barred from the encounter into doing something useful, like blockading the enemy warcamp, instead of hanging around hoping for drops. I've never been to a successful fort raid, but i'd be pissed if some level 34 got a conqueror drop =P

Its only successful at 2 am when everyone is asleep and order cant stock pile level 20s in the fortress to crash it when we take it.
So no its not successful if everytime we attempt to take it in prime time it crashes 3 times till the counter expires.
Im all for it and if your not 40 STFU and grind it out it doesnt take long

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
16 - 01-08-2009, 17:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maven View Post
if your not 40 STFU and grind it out it doesnt take long
i only play to orvr, so if I find I have a hard time doing that, I'll just stop playing it's no big deal. I'm sure as hell not going to waste my time playing a game to do things that aren't fun that is kind of the exact opposite of why you play games.

maybe they should offer >31 and <40 orvr content. I don't know why they have end game players in the same tier as players as low as 28 anyway, makes no sense. I didn't go to T4 until I absolutely had to because there was nothing else open to me. It seems like it sucks so far anyway so no big loss.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
17 - 01-08-2009, 20:53
The fortress idea is a horrible idea anyway. It all comes down to a 5 foot wide ramp. They should have thought that out better.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 01-08-2009, 23:51
Fort attempt today.

First I get there moments after they lock the zone. Go to get in and get warped back to our WC due to over crowding. This is on a level 40 char during a defense literally less than 60 seconds from when zone flipped.

I run back again and get in and start killing people. Getting mad renown because no one is helping and they are just trying to push to the lord room so everyone is just giving me free kills but of course I get ported back to the WC due to over crowding in the middle of a damn fight.

Run back and get in again. Crash to char select and ported. Run in again and I'm ported. So I stopped and ran around looking for people.

Luckily there were tons of people to **** that were trying to get to the zone in and one of my guild healers came out and we proceeded to soak up a ton of renown.

I hate the system but it does force skirmishes from all the people having to run back and the ones getting ported. Also it was still laggy at the fort despite whatever relatively low number of people were there.

I hate it still.

Madend
VeteranX
Old
19 - 01-09-2009, 00:38
actually i was on the attacking side of that fight. right after we flipped the zone we rushed the fort and were ahead of most of the defenders, got the 2 doors down fairly quickly. dest got a good number of defenders around us into the keep though so it took us a while to get up into the lord's room. we did push into there eventually, but the lord wiped us pretty quickly, not enough tank-healer communication. happened at least one more time after that

my bw is just lvl 39 but i never had a problem getting ported out of the fight at all, even after i had to release when we wiped i got back in just fine. ultimately we didn't get the lord down but it was a pretty fun fight anyhow from my perspective

Pagy
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 01-09-2009, 02:01
does anything encourage the defending faction to... defend?

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page Fortress Changes

Social Website Bullshit