So Engineers are the New Bright Wizard... by Oxyminoan - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page So Engineers are the New Bright Wizard...
Page 2 of 3
ragingbunny
VeteranX
Old
21 - 12-16-2008, 08:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored View Post
Care to explain why you think they are so powerfull.
Are you an engineer?

Ever played a SC?

Sponsored Links
Flowen
VeteranX
Old
22 - 12-16-2008, 11:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShire View Post
wait what? k ya lost me, my 26 WP was soloing high level pq's also, almost the same range =) while i can do multiple mobs a little faster with the kotbs my WP was a monster in pve and almost better since the WP can heal (less downtime)

kotbs is more of a fire and forget really.

stack toughness twist in stand strong/OYG/stay focused ( i use the twister mod from curse.com ) and when i fight the harder mobs i use a S&B, if im fighting even and/or blues i use my t2 inf reward 2 hander has +48 toughness and +32 wounds.

running t3 pq's now and running with the ORvR gang, definatly not as easy as it was in t2, will see how it goess in the future.
roommate is 32, we're doing lvl 37+ PQ's, still aoe grinding 30-40 mobs and killing champs/heroes. I'm leveling a 31 warrior priest with him. to clarify, he's playing kotbs.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
23 - 12-16-2008, 12:36
someone please pay attention to the OP

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
24 - 12-16-2008, 16:05
I'm actually quite happy with the BW nerf.

It means all the little kiddies have re-rolled and I was forced to try crazy ass oddball builds on my BW, which are a ton of fun. So I get less crap about playing an OP class, and can still do damage in the same range as I was before. You can't just blindly tab dot your way to 300k though, which is nice because it separates the men from the boys.

There are still some very viable and fun to play builds out there.

But i believe BW is due for a tiny bump in damage. The 1.06 patch i think it has brought our damage "more in line" with what they had anticipated, but when they did that, elemental resists were not functioning correctly. Our spells were not taking the full resist into consideration, thus we were hitting for more than we should. Then on the 1.1 patch they fixed resists, so we lost even more damage. So I think things need to bumped up just a bit, so that our damage is "more in line" with what they anticipated with correctly functioning resist variables.

And if they would put SDR as a core ability, this class would be perfect for what I want out of my BW.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 12-16-2008, 18:36
Engineers live just a tiny bit longer than most BWs against me but do less damage. I consider them way less of a threat still.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
26 - 12-17-2008, 12:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai Shinzo View Post
Engineers live just a tiny bit longer than most BWs against me but do less damage. I consider them way less of a threat still.
Saw you in DW last night. Glad to see some of yall are still playing. That swap meet style of RvR in PuG WB's just ain't my style.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 12-17-2008, 16:45
Ya I practically never RvR anymore unless it's a guild group trying to get small group fights or roaming solo trying to get stragglers in between scen queues ;[

I still gun for every BE name I recognize in grudge though! Scoobs probably hates me ;o

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
28 - 12-18-2008, 19:04
Haha he has a SW named Robbinz too :P

Why no RvR? I figured you'd have been at our glorious Fort attack, crash, attack, crash, attack... uh 3 more times.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 12-18-2008, 21:12
Just boring as mdps. Half the time I sit around doing nothing or auto attacking a door afk.

As I said not a fan of the zerg so when there are 2+ WB's on either side I just go do something else. Also for the reason mentioned above. Crash, crash, crash.

Rolling up a DoK though to kind of remedy the situation and hopefully it will help spur me to do more.

Just wondering why they spent so much time on everything else in the game and so little on RvR. Making different keep types, paths to get in etc. Seems kind of silly.

unloader
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 12-19-2008, 00:14
Yea, BW's and Sorcs need either a readjustment after the resist change or more survivability; a BW was always killed easily and since the nerfs they're melee fodder every time with very little recourse. After playing WoW for so long, I guess I just havent gotten used to the way Mythic "balances" their games, if you can call it that.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 12-19-2008, 00:41
You mean actually balance it? I still get crit for 1500-2k+ by BW's with 800 ele resist unbuffed.

And if you're comparing WoW "balance" to any game that has any form of PVP that is about as broken as it gets. Even they admit they aren't going to particularly try and balance any classes/PVP at this point because it's so screwed up hence why almost everyone can practically one shot anyone they get the jump on.

Have you even paid attention over the last couple seasons of arena or the current state of the game where cloth is basically ass raped by front loading melee doing 20k+ damage bursts. Mages doing 20k+ burst. Among other HUGE PVP imbalances as the game progressed.

He who *****es loudest gets to be FOTM in WoW and until it's all so ridiculously out of whack the PVP is a joke in every way.

PVE is great though! Especially now that every scrub and their mother can complete it =]

Also if you're looking for BW tips why don't you log onto REM and ask Oakey or Corpor or Herecatch why they still dish out retarded damage in RvR, PuG Scens, Premades etc even with the nerfs.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
32 - 12-19-2008, 00:56
Actually catch and I talk quite a bit. Corpor is ok, and Oakey's a douche. A good BW, but still a douche.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 12-19-2008, 01:00
I don't care about any of them on a personal level. I'm simply pointing out they produce large numbers frequently compared to almost any BW I fight on a regular basis. Oakey/Corpor w/ their Retard Of Fire spam and Herecatch with whatever the hell he chucks at me for 2k+ followed by high 1800-1900's a couple times in a row if I don't instantly target him and hunt him down.

DoK is level 9 and I'm going to bed cause I stayed up about an hour too late already playing it =P

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
34 - 12-19-2008, 16:38
Corper is Oakey's little peon and Oakey is like some fool living on disability so he plays 24/7. He's also got more healbots than Dokthraka and Honeymoon.

Catch is an odd ball though. He is damn good and has shown me quite a bit. He's from Louisiana and has a major cajun accent As far as what he's throwing at you... god only knows. Both he and I respec at least once a day to try out new combinations of abilities and tactics.

GL with the DoK. Probably the best solo class in the game. What's that toons name? I'd like to keep an eye out for ya. I got a KOBS i'm levling named Dehstro.

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
35 - 12-19-2008, 17:00
Denise.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
36 - 12-19-2008, 18:00
I'll keep an eye out for ya

Gundam
VeteranX
Old
37 - 12-19-2008, 22:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyminoan View Post
It

means that

Engineers are overpowered
Get in vent oxy!

Madend
VeteranX
Old
38 - 01-11-2009, 06:22
yeah so this last week or so I just came back after over a month afk because my old computer couldn't handle t4 rvr. jumped on my bw Strategery and my dick went flaccid when I saw detonate only ticking for double digits.. but i got over that and have been messing with new builds now that immo isn't the obvious king any more. have topped damage a few scens, but not nearly as consistently as before, can def tell when you're hitting someone with stacked resists.

btw i'd join grudge to play with you BE folks again but the website says you're full on BWs :[ , pull some strings or something.. otherwise i'll be working on my new alt kotbs Chairman Meow

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 01-11-2009, 11:52
Yeah, Mythic managed to not only nerf BWs and Sorcs into oblivion, but "fix" resists to the point BW/Sorcs do more damage to themselves via Backlash than they do to their targets.

All in the same patch. You've gotta hand it to Mythic, they don't do anything half-assed. When they destroy a class, they REALLY destroy a class.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
40 - 01-11-2009, 13:15
I'm glad my WP is still OP.

Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page So Engineers are the New Bright Wizard...

Social Website Bullshit