Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Cooking
Reload this Page [TrailerPark] Crock Pot Pulled Pork
Page 5 of 7
ReCurve
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
81 - 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM
I have made this 7 or 8 times now, exactly as written. I swear to god every-time it gets better and better.

Sponsored Links
Spexx
VeteranX
Old
82 - 03-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Bought too much pork, used half of it to make this recipe, turned out great, although I didn't have the forethought (or the JD) to make the sauce (used some Sweet Baby Ray's I happened to have around). Eating it for, like, the 5th time this week. I like it significantly more than my normal recipe (which involves waaaay too much sauce).

Good ****, +rep

gabe
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
83 - 09-05-2011, 10:39 PM
made this for about the tenth time. just as big a hit as ever

amRam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
84 - 01-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Bump!

Wife bought me a crock pot today and I'm making this **** tomorrow.

Side question: if I make a bunch of that sauce and bottle it, how long could it stay in the fridge? What determines that anyway?

nigafool
VeteranXV
Old
85 - 01-16-2013, 09:58 PM
indefinitely in a sealed container

generally acidic/sugary things without a lot of fat dont go bad or oxidize very quickly

amRam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
86 - 01-17-2013, 12:09 PM
I put everything in the crock pot about 2 hours ago and set it to low. Its a 6qt one by hamilton beach (cheapie)

I just checked the temperature of the liquid and its only like 140 after 2 hours, can someone comment? Should I bump it up to high or something?

nigafool
VeteranXV
Old
87 - 01-17-2013, 12:14 PM
no that's fine it will get warmer. unless you had your meat sitting out on the counter for a long time it probably contributed a decent amount of cold to the pot.

the key is not opening the crock pot the entire time, u actually add a lot of time to the cooking every time you open one of those.

amRam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
88 - 01-17-2013, 12:19 PM
ok cool I wont touch it again for another 3-4 hours then

the meat was more or less out of the fridge

amRam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
89 - 01-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Been 5 hours, I flipped the meat about an hour ago. Should I check on it or just leave it for another hour and go to town?

If it doesnt fall apart I assume I gotta let it cook longer? Don't wanna let too much heat out of the cooker..

nigafool
VeteranXV
Old
90 - 01-17-2013, 04:54 PM
basically when u can pull the bone right out, it's done

if it's boneless you can press on it and you'll see it coming apart at the muscle seams

or just use a meat thermometer. 190 at the center = done

amRam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
91 - 01-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Just finished inhaling this

I made it almost exactly to recipe except I used coke to cook the meat. For the sauce I used less brown sugar than called for but I still found the end result too sweet... Though the coleslaw I made contributed to that. Also I didn't use the pot reduction in the sauce at the end because it was to sweet on its own.

Overall ****ing awesome, but next time I'm not gonna add any sugar to the sauce and I'll probably add a bit more vinegar.

Win!!

nigafool
VeteranXV
Old
92 - 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM
i dont make the bbq sauce exactly like that anymore. mine is a little more vinegary, but i also treat it more like a 'base', and thin it out with vinegar/meat jus anytime i use it. a little bit goes a long way.

edit: o yea since i started smoking i dont even add any of it to the meat. i use a pan to catch the drippings in the smoker, deglaze them on the stove with a little water and put most of it back in the meat. then i mix the rest with a little bbq sauce + vinegar and offer it as a topping.

Last edited by nigafool; 01-17-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Paladin-5
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
93 - 01-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Just finished inhaling this

I made it almost exactly to recipe except I used coke to cook the meat. For the sauce I used less brown sugar than called for but I still found the end result too sweet... Though the coleslaw I made contributed to that. Also I didn't use the pot reduction in the sauce at the end because it was to sweet on its own.

Overall ****ing awesome, but next time I'm not gonna add any sugar to the sauce and I'll probably add a bit more vinegar.

Win!!
instead of two cups of ketchup I use one cup plus one cup of frank's red hot
gives it a nice kick

GiftOfTheGame
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 02-12-2013, 03:31 PM
I am going to make this today

GiftOfTheGame
VeteranXV
Old
95 - 02-13-2013, 02:44 PM
Really damn good, but the sauce was definitely too sweet for me, going to tone that way down next time.

nigafool
VeteranXV
Old
96 - 02-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
i dont make the bbq sauce exactly like that anymore. mine is a little more vinegary, but i also treat it more like a 'base', and thin it out with vinegar/meat jus anytime i use it. a little bit goes a long way.

malibru
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
97 - 02-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Was just telling someone about this today. I'm going to have to make this again soon.

nigafool
VeteranXV
Old
98 - 02-13-2013, 08:31 PM
also as a general rule, you should try to never make something the exact same way twice. always change something, otherwise you won't learn anything. that being said, always have a reason for doing it.

TW_Dagger
VeteranX
Old
99 - 05-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Making this today with a maple syrup instead of brown sugar bbq sauce

Strube
VeteranX
Old
100 - 06-05-2013, 05:33 PM
making the bbq sauce right now. replaced the kecthup/tomato paste with tomato puree and the molasses with honey.

Page 5 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Cooking
Reload this Page [TrailerPark] Crock Pot Pulled Pork

Social Website Bullshit