Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Cooking
Reload this Page [TrailerPark] Crock Pot Pulled Pork
Page 3 of 7
naptown
VeteranX
Old
41 - 03-21-2010, 11:09 AM
i've always hated soco but the idea of using it for a sweet bbq sauce sounds great

might have to try that soon

Sponsored Links
gabe
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
42 - 03-21-2010, 06:32 PM
i almost used tequila last night... any thoughts?

Baby Bew
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
43 - 03-21-2010, 09:24 PM
I will try this recipe one day. Dotted.

Kiint
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
44 - 03-22-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe View Post
i almost used tequila last night... any thoughts?
I used Whiskey (Laphroaig) in my BBQ sauce the other week when I made some more, I was quite happy.

Baby Bew
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
45 - 04-20-2010, 09:41 PM
I am going to make this on Sunday. Just need to get some JD and the pork butt.

I'll be deflowering my crock pot. Any tips? Just cook it less and line the pot?

travelyan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
46 - 07-14-2010, 04:30 PM
going to buy a crock pot today and the ingredients to make this :o

travelyan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
47 - 07-14-2010, 08:48 PM
.... which turned out to be about $70

travelyan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
48 - 07-15-2010, 10:43 AM
so very, very delicious. i did not have a strainer, so i tried to use paper towels to strain the onions out of the pork juice, resulting in most of the pork juice being on my counter/floor when i dropped the paper towels, but i don't think i'm missing anything by having about half the reduction i would have had... it's all very moist and flavorful.

i never cook a meal without burning myself horribly or spilling something important so i consider this Big Success

Bloodshot
VeteranX
Old
49 - 07-15-2010, 04:24 PM
I started pulled pork this morning. I'll post pics of mine when it's done. I just used a Grilled Mates Pork Rub, let it sit overnight, and I popped it in the oven this morning (covered with tin foil). I just took off the tin foil to let the meat brown up a bit. I'll take it out in about an hour and half or 2 hours from now. It would have been in the oven (at 225 F) for about 10 hours. Going to throw some Famous Daves on it.

Baby Bew
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
50 - 07-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Mine just finished! Reducing juices now!

Bloodshot
VeteranX
Old
51 - 07-15-2010, 07:36 PM
About 6lbs of Pork Butt. I already started to trim it. I eventually covered it in rub and let it sit over night.

After 9 1/2 hours of cooking and 30 minutes of rest, the pork pulled so easily. The first 8 hours, I had it covered with tin foil. Then I took it off.

Yum... I put Frank's Hot Sauce and Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy BBQ Sauce on my sandwich.

And plenty of leftovers. The container is actually a bigger sized container than it looks in the picture. I have about 5 lbs leftover.

travelyan
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
52 - 07-21-2010, 06:13 PM
i'm making it again, but modified... this time i deglazed after searing with 12 oz of apple cider instead of 8 oz ginger ale + 12 oz cider vinegar

in the sauce, replacing the 2 cups ketchup with 1 cup ketchup + 1 cup frank's red hot

will tell you how she comes out. should be a bit spicier than before

slick spic
VeteranX
Old
53 - 11-15-2010, 11:59 PM
i just got a crock pot and have never had one and really want to try this out this sunday while watching football.

ppl say that low settings on newer crock pots still run fairly hot. my crock pot has a warm setting. would that generally be hot enough to cook the food, just take longer? or is it really too low heat to be practical, and i should just use the low setting but keep a closer eye on it?

it's not a crazy expensive crock pot. it's a $15 crock pot that was on sale at walmart. i don't have my own real place to go crazy w/ nice equipment, and my roommates are the kind of ppl who would trash kitchen stuff through awful use if i did

Boomerman
VeteranXV
Old
54 - 11-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Warm will be too low to cook it I would think. Might be ok for the last hour or two though.

nigafool
VeteranXV
Old
55 - 11-17-2010, 01:51 PM
if you really want to find out how hot 'warm' is, put water in the pot, let it run for a while with the cover on, and check the temp with a thermometer. if it's lower than 170 or so, it probably will take too long to cook.

old_skul
UVALAN++
Contributor
Old
56 - 11-17-2010, 03:45 PM
It's crock pot season again! I'm going to try this recipe, giga. I will be adding black pepper. Oh, wait, you have it in your recipe, cool.

I will try the bbq sauce with Maker's Mark, however.

slick spic
VeteranX
Old
57 - 11-18-2010, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
if you really want to find out how hot 'warm' is, put water in the pot, let it run for a while with the cover on, and check the temp with a thermometer. if it's lower than 170 or so, it probably will take too long to cook.
good idea. i obviously never thought of that. i'll try it in the next day or two though. i have a meat thermometer that should give me a reading on that

a buddy of mine has been training for a charity boxing fight for his college fraternity and hasn't been drinking/eating like he used to for about 3 or 4 months. sunday i'm hoping to make some absolutely delicious pork + have beer around.

we'll see how it works out. i'll take pictures w/ my phone if my phone agrees. my phone acted up when i made ribs, so no pics of my botched (but still incredibly tasty, just not what i expected really) attempt in that thread i made before

Kiint
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
58 - 11-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_skul View Post
I will try the bbq sauce with Maker's Mark, however.
I regularly make the sauce with Laphroaig scotch, and it is very impressive, the sauce is one of the few things I will concede to niga.

andywily889
Veteran
Old
59 - 11-25-2010, 01:49 AM
I really love pulled pork. I tried it last week as per your recipe. It cook delicious. Thanks for share Ingredients, and also how to make pulled pork. It is easy to understand with given steps thanks for recipe for making crock pit pulled port.

mstrike
VeteranX
Old
60 - 11-29-2010, 02:22 AM
the german spam botter liked your recipe br0

Page 3 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Cooking
Reload this Page [TrailerPark] Crock Pot Pulled Pork

Social Website Bullshit