Servers up! Then back down again...

Stinkfist

Server Bitch
until 6:00 est.

Update: 12:10 PM PST

Hello Everyone,

At this time, Realm Maintenance is currently extended. We will be posting with an update in a few hours with a time as to when the realms should be back up. We are still actively investigating the issues with player mailboxes and we hope to have the situation resolved and realms up as soon as possible.

We'd like to thank you in advance for your continued patience and understanding as we work to make sure that World of Warcraft is fun and playable to all users.

We're very sorry for the frustration that this extended maintenance may cause.

As much as that would piss off normal players, imagine how freaked out the gold selling people were. a lot of gold gone, overnight.

Why would they keep all the gold in their mailbox and why would you order your gold the day before a maintenance patch?

I'm annoyed because I'm bored and this was to be my solution to boredom today, instead I am getting things done I had been putting off.

Launch day will be flawless...

Another retarded comment by Feannag.

The whole point of the 3.0 patch was to get out all the bullshit before release date.

You notice when you start the game is says WotLK? Ya, its because they are getting ready for release.

Launch day will be flawless...

we've already had launch day, it was a couple weeks ago.

all installing LK will do is allow people to go to northrend. theres no technical bs to wade through - our uis are updated, patches are good, all thats left is to take the big ass boat in SW harbor.

In terms of stuff lost in the mail I will be hit by this as I had a ton of stuff in the AH that sold last night and I forgot to login and get it out of my mail. Oh noes! 200g worth of sales gone! Panic!

Why can't they keep the servers up without mail (oh noes) and then when they actually have a fix they restart instead of wasting a whole day.

Phew. I had a ton of stuff sitting in my mailbox that I was too lazy to try to resell. Hopefully it's gone for good so I don't have to look at it anymore.

all installing LK will do is allow people to go to northrend. theres no technical bs to wade through - our uis are updated, patches are good, all thats left is to take the big ass boat in SW harbor.

I hope so, but I'm still pessimistic it will be as well as expected. A huge thing like this two days before launch? A maintenance that lasts nearly all day?

yeah, right. like the starting northrend/DK areas wont be super crowded

When did someone say that the DK starting zone wouldn't be crowded?

We were saying we would not have to deal with "release" because we already did with the 3.0 patch.

Reading Comprehension ftl?

There'll still be problems, just like with 2.0, just like with BC, just like with beta, just like with release, and apparently just like on random tuesdays...

doh :(

Husband's coffin kills woman - Weird news

Man's coffin kills wife on way to cemetery
A traffic accident hurls coffin against the back of woman's neck

SAO PAULO, Brazil - Police say a woman has died on the way to a cemetery when a traffic accident hurled her husband's coffin against the back of her neck.

Police said 67-year-old Marciana Silva Barcelos was in the front passenger seat of the hearse when the accident occurred Monday in the southern state of Rio Grande do Sul.

Barcelos died instantly.

I worked from 4am to 1230pm ESt today, and I didn't bother even attempting to sign in until 6pm or so. How long has this maintenance down been on? Have they all been down all day? Did they come up for an hour or something and then go down?

Back