PATCH DAY!!!

I had always heard it was a 40% reduction in XP required for 60-70. So they would not alter the XP gained from quests or mobs, just how much you need to do.

The build going live right now has a lot of class changes. But it doesn't have all of them. Some changes, particularly those that affect high level abilities and some of the changes we made more recently won't be in today's build. But you will get them all on or before Nov 13 when Lich King goes live.

While we have done some balance testing at level 70 with the changes, we tested at level 80 a lot more, since so many players are focused on Arena combat and endgame raiding. Balance at 70 is going to feel different from 80. :)

If you played WoW at the 2.0 version before Burning Crusade shipped, you'll remember that this can be a crazy time. You have new abilities through talents, but not new core abilities, and not enough talent points to get everything. There are major gear changes, major mechanic changes, and a lot of class changes. Some of those are going to take some getting used to, and despite our best efforts, it's entirely possible we'll find something broken that needs to be hotfixed right away.

The game should start feeling a little more normal again when Lich King ships. It's cool to keep providing feedback and testing things out. Just try and be a little patient and understanding over the next couple of weeks as players learn about the changes (especially players who weren't in the beta), get all of their broken mods working, and we make whatever fixes we need to make on our end

theres a dozen servers up

im at the BE starting area on.. idk.. some crap server, and theres 150 people here. talk of raiding if. amazing.

Last edited:
my server is up....just sitting at retrieving character list. I am most looking forward to this for my lock. I never did train all the books on those pets, so i should be able to login and have them all now. YAY. fuck paying 100+g for all those books.

You do realize there are millions of people trying to log in all at the same time?

Probably. And fuck that, I spent all that time doing all the Brewfest achievements so it was retroactive and they're all gone. I only got the Wortinger one and the Mount one.

im worried about my mage, seems like a lot of classes got some exotic stuff and i got a 51 point conditional stun (what am i a level 12 pally?)

i'm jsut trying to get to my 70s to spend the talent points and logging. And don't use the "Millions of people are logging in" excuse. Blizzard's a big boy, and the popularity has been apparent for years. And with this patch being drooled over for weeks it's not like they couldn't plan some way to alleviate server loads. Even something as simple as saying it will be done 2 - 3 hours past what it will actually be.

i'm jsut trying to get to my 70s to spend the talent points and logging. And don't use the "Millions of people are logging in" excuse. Blizzard's a big boy, and the popularity has been apparent for years. And with this patch being drooled over for weeks it's not like they couldn't plan some way to alleviate server loads. Even something as simple as saying it will be done 2 - 3 hours past what it will actually be.

so you wanted them to find a way to keep everyone off but you?

so you wanted them to find a way to keep everyone off but you?

The point is if you know it's to be expected then you should take that into account. And yeah that pushing ahead time probably wouldn't work too well anyway, people would figure out relatively quickly.

And for the record, I'm not one of the idiots who are logging into realms they don't even have toons on simply so they can play.

The point is if you know it's to be expected then you should take that into account. And yeah that pushing ahead time probably wouldn't work too well anyway, people would figure out relatively quickly.

And for the record, I'm not one of the idiots who are logging into realms they don't even have toons on simply so they can play.

Although there are millions trying to log on right now i hardly belieive that just one loginserver handles them all and not all of them are hammering the same realm, so that whole "million people trying to log in" doesn't hold any water with me. My server has a low pop at the moment anyways so lets try and get another level at retrieving our characters.

Back