ET - Quake Wars Mod: Tribal Wars

i gotta be honest here, this mod looks amazing and in line with what i expect out of a tribes1 with better graphics

icepick1.jpg

icepick2.jpg

need more infos! preferably new video footage :brows:

There's been some progress. I've been delaying some of the video footage until we get a few more things completed on the new map. We're not too far off from that, but I'll get started on a new blog post a little later this evening.

I'll bump this thread when I get around to it :)

Holy crap Arcanox its really looking good. Thanks for the updates. This is what an actual Tribes successor should look like.

I agree, I'm following this one closely, and as far as looks/models/videos go, I think it resembles T1 more than anything that's ever been made to date (by professional or independent developers). Project Rise looked cool and all, but I think this is truer to Tribes roots, so if I have to choose, I back Twars all the way, and as an added bonus I think it's on a game engine that's far more accessible to the majority of gamers.

Tribes is one of a kind, and you guys kick ass for trying to keep the its' spirit alive.

It's not about pretty screenshots dickwad. Although the screenshots do give hope that it will be very much like T1, what steals the show is the footage they originally released, which showcases physics that are extremely spot on. Far closer to the games roots than anything Sierra/VUG/Indy Devs ever released.

I understand it's early, but if what you've seen so far doesn't convince you that there's a decent chance this game will deliver, you are a pessimist of the worst nature.

Looking great man :) If I had the time, I'd jump in a help. Wife having emergency surgery two nights ago just got added to my list of things that are keeping me tied up pretty much every day and night tho.

I still find all of the support for this mod kinda humorous given the amount of "it won't work" posts that were made a couple of eyars ago when the idea was first presented lol

I still find all of the support for this mod kinda humorous given the amount of "it won't work" posts that were made a couple of eyars ago when the idea was first presented lol
Alas, a video and a couple screenshots is all it takes to change people's minds.

Naysayers always seem like a prominent group on forums. There are probably always a greater percentage of people like me, who have been hopeful and glad for any or all of these projects to come to fruition.

It's happened enough times though, that the average onlooker just doesn't have much use in getting hyped until some serious results start to appear. I'm afraid I haven't any suitable talents to offer that haven't already been covered. Mapping interests me, and I've played with editors for several games, but tons of guys have more experience than I do.

Back