What do you think of the Turbine map? by Reggs - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page What do you think of the Turbine map?
Reggs
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 09-19-2008, 07:08

I like it a lot.

Most games depend on having a firm grip on the mid ground. If your team can dominate it for a short time, engineers have some time to build, then things get really interesting. A lot can be said for this map, but I think it's a great one because you always feel frantic, and are pretty much forced to work as a team in a way few maps require.

As an engineer this map can be very difficult if you want to build mid field. It's not easy keeping your gear up unless there are a few other engineers building with you. If you are the only engineer I find it best to build a sentry somewhere, and as soon as the enemy takes it down, rebuild in another spot, and keep on rotating. Even just having a level 1 in some corner will go under most people's radar and kill up to 5-7 people in large games before they catch on. Dispensers are also critically important since there are only 2 health packs outside the rd/blu bases, both of which are already in high demand.

The bad news is that once the sun goes down, you will only find this map active on 1 or 2 instant respawn servers, which of course will ruin any game. I have NO IDEA why anyone would want to play an instant respawn map.

Sponsored Links
Bedtime Bear
Veteran++
Old
2 - 09-19-2008, 08:54
I really do like this map. Its good because its a map that can be dominated by any class. The vents/tunnels are great for quick escapes and the middle ground is easy to retake even if there are multiple sentries.

At least 1 of the simiancage severs (based in the UK but US players can get decent pings) have it on a rotation, and is voted on alot. Spawn times are close to original aswell, so it makes for a good overall game.

Atreides
VeteranX
Old
3 - 09-19-2008, 22:33
turbine > 2fort

CarpeIppon
Veteran++
Old
4 - 09-20-2008, 03:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
turbine > 2fort
* > 2fort.

Although 2fort is not bad on TF2F's servers. They limit engineer and sniper to 1, and its no-crits.

Cuda
The A-maze-ing4
Old
5 - 09-20-2008, 10:40
I hate Turbine. People usually just deathmatch on it and don't go for the flag. The middle room can be locked down too easily with elevated sentries. It's lame.

MonkeyHero
VeteranX
Old
6 - 09-20-2008, 10:43
You can ignite people through the floors of the catwalks with the flamethrower. Just jump and shoot.

DeaconBlues
VeteranX
Old
7 - 09-20-2008, 14:43
It's my favorite CTF map. We usually have good games on it at Jiggly's.

CarpeIppon
Veteran++
Old
8 - 09-21-2008, 02:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda View Post
I hate Turbine. People usually just deathmatch on it and don't go for the flag. The middle room can be locked down too easily with elevated sentries. It's lame.
they are fairly easy to bring down if you have 2 not-dumb soldiers. The problem is finding another not-dumb on most pubs.

John the Jammer
VeteranX
Old
9 - 09-21-2008, 03:08
this and mach4 and pretty fun ctf maps better than 2fort imo

Atreides
VeteranX
Old
10 - 09-21-2008, 09:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda View Post
I hate Turbine. People usually just deathmatch on it and don't go for the flag.
sounds like EVERY TF2 map in a pug.

Bedtime Bear
Veteran++
Old
11 - 09-21-2008, 11:30
If you find the correct severs, every map is fun. 2fort is probably my least favourite, but I still play it, otherwise you're not trying to change the game from a deathmatch to a proper ctf game.

aScotiA
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 09-21-2008, 12:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconBlues View Post
i used to play at jiggly's daily, but they seem to have converted all their servers to that gayass sourcecraft mod. ive found one server without SC, but no one ever plays on it

shaka_zulu705
Veteran++
Old
13 - 09-21-2008, 13:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconBlues View Post

also server one is not sourcecraft, and it is always packed.

SexxxGodSteve
VeteranX
Old
14 - 09-21-2008, 13:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by aScotiA View Post
i used to play at jiggly's daily, but they seem to have converted all their servers to that gayass sourcecraft mod. ive found one server without SC, but no one ever plays on it
plug-ins of any time annoy the piss out of me.

i'd so much rather just play a normal game instead of hearign "quake" sounds and having "humiliation" notices and somehting telling me how many points i got for some kill

Cuda
The A-maze-ing4
Old
15 - 09-21-2008, 14:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
sounds like EVERY TF2 map in a pug.
The servers I play on always have good games going on any map. It all falls apart on Turbine every time.

MonkeyHero
VeteranX
Old
16 - 09-21-2008, 14:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxxGodSteve View Post

i'd so much rather just play a normal game instead of hearign "quake" sounds and having "humiliation" notices and somehting telling me how many points i got for some kill
There's a download filter thing in the options somewhere that lets you turn off sound files from the server.

SexxxGodSteve
VeteranX
Old
17 - 09-21-2008, 14:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyHero View Post
There's a download filter thing in the options somewhere that lets you turn off sound files from the server.
i know, i set that up. but it stilld oesn't stop the centerprint message every time someone gets melee'd, and soem servers don't have the option to turn of HLstats or whetever the **** they are

Reggs
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 09-21-2008, 21:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxxGodSteve View Post

Same

If there is one thing I wish Valve would do, it would be to have an option to search based on "clean servers" for all their games.

Every time I want to play CSS after a few months of not playing, it takes a while to build up a good favorite server list that isn't bogged down with all of these stupid plug ins.

Gmankuza
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 09-22-2008, 14:14
This map is great in match play. I don't really pub these days. Mach_4 is a lot of fun too.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page What do you think of the Turbine map?

Social Website Bullshit