Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page How to convert Unbelievers
Page 4 of 19
Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
61 - 07-05-2008, 01:33
go pick up the book "Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea". quite educational.

Sponsored Links
Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
62 - 07-05-2008, 01:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
So you're not a scientist and haven't studied science, but you state that science barely explains why we exist and doesn't handle why we have emotions.

How do you know what science does and doesn't explain if you haven't studied it? This is why I say you have below-average processing ability. Either that or you're a troll. Or maybe both. (why else would you go where you're not wanted)
Ok, I am sorry maybe i misstated what i meant. I am a 3rd year college student and my emphasis isnt in science or religion. I have taken classes in science as a prerequiste so I know maybe the basics any freshman would know.

I go where I am not wanted because Jesus himself went where he was not wanted. I also care about you guys in a general sense. As I learn more about you, I care about you more. And thus want to help. Such is the way with Christ as well. That is why I "preach".

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
63 - 07-05-2008, 01:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipher77 View Post
What caused the tectonic plate movements and why.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_t...f_plate_motion.

you do realize that at one time religion caused us to believe a magical person controlled the ocean and that the sun was really the wheel of the chariot of another magical person :P.

[OCA]Pain
VeteranXV
Old
64 - 07-05-2008, 01:40
Quote:
Ok, I am sorry maybe i misstated what i meant.
What exactly did you mean then?

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 07-05-2008, 01:42
sipher how come u believe in jesus your god and not buddah, muslim, or hindu god? just cause u were born into a christian family

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
66 - 07-05-2008, 01:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by [OCA]Pain View Post
What exactly did you mean then?
What I mean is that I am not extremely knowledgable in science or religion. But given what I do know I chose Christ.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
67 - 07-05-2008, 01:44
Freshman-level courses, such as basic anthropology, astronomy, geology, psychology, and sociology would teach you about many of these concepts.

If you paid attention, or if you were even of average-level processing ability, maybe you would know these things.

old_skul
UVALAN++
Contributor
Old
68 - 07-05-2008, 01:44
Hey. Here's a good idea. Ban the troll.

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
69 - 07-05-2008, 01:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
sipher how come u believe in jesus your god and not buddah, muslim, or hindu god? just cause u were born into a christian family
bush: cause if he was a muslim, he'd be a terrorizer.....DUH.

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
70 - 07-05-2008, 01:47
Quote:
What I mean is that I am not extremely knowledgable in science or religion. But given what I do know I chose Christ.
so instead of wondering and being inquiring, you just fall back onto religion.....and use it as a crutch.

So if you're going for job interviews, and you're not getting a job, are you going to look at yourself and see what needs improvement, or you just going to fall back and think that god doesn't want you to have those jobs?

Everything i know about you so far tells me you're going to think god doesn't want you to have those jobs....and it's not because you dress funny or stink or aren't qualified, etc etc.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
71 - 07-05-2008, 01:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
Let us assume a God rewards people who worship him. This is a common perspective of what a God does.

Look at the world. What religion does the most powerful of nations follow in general. This religion is a Judeo-Chrisitan one. This boils it down to Islam-Christianity-Judaism. In general both Islam and Christianity take their roots from Judaism. Christianity furfills the prophecy of Judaism, therefore it must be true.

escapedturkey
Veteran4
Old
72 - 07-05-2008, 01:48
I give up.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
73 - 07-05-2008, 01:50
Quote:
Let us assume a God rewards people who worship him. This is a common perspective of what a God does.

Look at the world. What religion does the most powerful of nations follow in general. This religion is a Judeo-Chrisitan one. This boils it down to Islam-Christianity-Judaism. In general both Islam and Christianity take their roots from Judaism. Christianity furfills the prophecy of Judaism, therefore it must be true.
but why would the god want to be worshipped? and why would he only tell a few people? this sets them up so they can control the rest.

Hey, who wants Sipher's email address?

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
74 - 07-05-2008, 01:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkfist View Post
so instead of wondering and being inquiring, you just fall back onto religion.....and use it as a crutch.

So if you're going for job interviews, and you're not getting a job, are you going to look at yourself and see what needs improvement, or you just going to fall back and think that god doesn't want you to have those jobs?

Everything i know about you so far tells me you're going to think god doesn't want you to have those jobs....and it's not because you dress funny or stink or aren't qualified, etc etc.
Before I was saved I would have tried to become more qualified to get those jobs. Now that I am saved and have devoted my life to God, God chooses my faith and not I.

If he wants me to be a pastor, then the doors will be more open then if I wanted personally to be a lawyer. I do not think God wants me to be a pastor as those doors are not really that open.

[OCA]Pain
VeteranXV
Old
75 - 07-05-2008, 01:50
Quote:
Then doesn't it behoove you to learn a "tiny" bit more? The thing about religion is that it deals in absolutes...it has the balls to say that all the answers to life are already known and can't be improved upon. This is the antithesis to science.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
76 - 07-05-2008, 01:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapedturkey View Post
I give up.
Your question requires me to think alot before I can decide, it is a very complicated question and I do not want to rashly make one. I will have to thank you for your question because it brought up a thought about God that I will have to research more. I was about to post it on this thread before I realized it was a half hatched idea and requires more research before I can say without a doubt.

Stuttrboy
VeteranX
Old
77 - 07-05-2008, 01:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
you say "holy spirit" which means you're catholic

there's a small but definitive difference between catholic and the rest of the christian subgroup. you ought to know the difference
Many Christian sects use the term Holy Spirit, it is after all part of the trinity. It's not like some group of Christians said we accept Christ but this Holy Spirit nonsense Jesus talks about it just silly. Some denominations may downplay the Holy Spirit but I would go so far as to say 99% of practicing Christians know about the Holy Spirit.

[OCA]Pain
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 07-05-2008, 01:52
Quote:
furfills

oh and

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
79 - 07-05-2008, 01:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by [OCA]Pain View Post
Then doesn't it behoove you to learn a "tiny" bit more? The thing about religion is that it deals in absolutes...it has the balls to say that all the answers to life are already known and can't be improved upon. This is the antithesis to science.
I do occasionly read up on interesting articles in science. But to this day it has not touched me in a way that I will want to investigate more. Bring something of interest science related that attempts to answer all the questions and I will be all ears.

VektorX
VeteranXV
Old
80 - 07-05-2008, 01:53
Quote:
Ok, here we go lol.

Anyways, my rationale is that time goes to infinity. We know through science that matter can not be created nor destroyed. But we know that matter exists in this Universe. How is this so? Something must have created matter and caused the chain of events that results in the expansion of the Universe. Something had to have caused this. What is it?

The answer is we do not know. But we do know either an event or entity of some sort had to have caused it. Therefore, this explains my belief in an entity at least.

Now we can look at it further as an entity of some sort created the Earth as we know it. Just because matter expands in the Universe does not mean that life could have formed. Now we have to explain life on this planet. What causes barren lifeless matter to eventually create a cell that eventually forms more complicated life that results in things we see today? I will have to say an entity or event. I go with entity.
ur awsum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEXGKzH0F9c

Page 4 of 19

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page How to convert Unbelievers

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
anthony maio , badmofo has a huge penis , ban this faggot , boner inducing , crucifiction , faggot thread , fartiusstinkius rocks , free gon , god couldn't be any gayer , historical inventions , kill the boy , matthew dewald is fat , sky-fairy myth , troll , zombie worship