At first I was blind, but now I see... by ragingbunny - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page At first I was blind, but now I see...
Page 2 of 2
placid
VeteranX
Old
21 - 06-27-2008, 14:54
I'm not gonna get into an argument over which game takes more "skill", saying that any mmorpg takes skill is a ridiculous statement.

Sponsored Links
ragingbunny
VeteranX
Old
22 - 06-27-2008, 15:11
Saying that any game period doesn't take some form of skill is a ridiculous argument. I'm just highlighting the fact that AoC isn't a gear grind like WoW, there is more to a fight than just rock paper scissors, that's all. I find it much more enjoyable.

Yawnfest
Veteran5
Old
23 - 06-28-2008, 06:11
Most of the angry comments seem to be from people who haven't played the game (or very little) or are people who are so ****ing incredibly picky they would find something to ***** about even if they won the lottery. Game has some flaws but the gameplay is just rediculously fun.

Even the PvE is good. We ran the newly revamped black castle and the dungeon kicked ass. It had puzzle elements, gimmicks/traps (think the old Indiana Jones movies), interesting boss mechanics, no bugs and was very well balanced.

The imbalance *****ing is really over the top. This is what you get with MMO's no matter what these days. People will ALWAYS ***** and moan that their class sucks when really they just suck. No class is terribly overpowered or underpowered right now. Yes, Assassins, bear shamans, and dark templars need some pvp love but they're not terrible and assassins are good for solo pvp just not group so it depends what you're after. And everytime you think bear shamans suck one suddenly pops up and owns your face. The developers have a good grasp on what issue are problems in pvp as seen by the necro changes to buff them properly, reduce mark of devourer to 1 minute length, and no longer let them hide and attack with pets. The pvp is still probably too focused on ranged classes and aoe but it is still great. The small group pvp you find leveling up of 2v2's, 3v3's or even 1v1's is just too fun to pass up.

Homerpf
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 06-29-2008, 22:48
Well sieging is still messed up and Vistrix/Kylikki are constantly messed screwed up as well. They've still got some work to do, but they've done a decent bit so far.

Klip°
VeteranX
Old
25 - 06-30-2008, 14:32
we did vistrix/kylikki last night np .

Homerpf
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 06-30-2008, 15:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klip° View Post
we did vistrix/kylikki last night np .
I never said you couldn't kill either. But between the random pathing, leashing, and just general inconsistancy patch to patch you can't say the raids are in good shape =/

For those of you wondering there are multiple videos up showing how to take down Vistrix (quest not working is another annoying thing). Yakmar was a joke, and truthfully unless they do something to help him out a bit it's not even a fun fight. Kylikki's hasn't been in too bad of shape, however the Champion of the Honorguard is constantly messed up as well.

It's a good thing that this game was never really designed around the raids, but at the same time it would be nice to have a bit of extra content until they can get the sieges fixed. And just so there's no confusion I'm talking about the 3 Tier 1 Raids.

The problems with the raids might have something to do with funcom having 2 raid programmers :o

edit - Btw klip/yawn which teams are you guys on (if on deathwhisper)

Last edited by Homerpf; 06-30-2008 at 15:26..
Homerpf
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 06-30-2008, 15:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawnfest View Post
bear shamans need some pvp love, etc
I'm a little curious why you think bear shaman's are a little on the weak side? Only times it was even really up for discussion was when the other classes had a lot of overpowered combos (and the bear shaman's having lower health), even then there are always ways to go around it. Outside of a few broken feats I'm pretty positive the bear shaman is one of the most well balanced classes. They've got so many skills and can refeat so many different ways, they are a lot more involved than most of the other classes. High DPS and all the Heals make them a hard class to take down. Once their damage reflects are working properly they might be a bit overpowered themselves.

[SES]BaNsHee
VeteranXV
Old
28 - 06-30-2008, 15:50
Everyone I see is always *****ing about 80 shamans ripping their ass and being overpowered.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 07-01-2008, 15:38
The game is also far more fun and fast when you do it in groups. Solo questing isn't very hard, but the group quests provide good gear and great xp, along with the fact that there's a far less chance of getting ganked among a group of friends.

The game plays much better than WoW in terms of PvP.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 07-01-2008, 15:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerpf View Post
I never said you couldn't kill either. But between the random pathing, leashing, and just general inconsistancy patch to patch you can't say the raids are in good shape =/

For those of you wondering there are multiple videos up showing how to take down Vistrix (quest not working is another annoying thing). Yakmar was a joke, and truthfully unless they do something to help him out a bit it's not even a fun fight. Kylikki's hasn't been in too bad of shape, however the Champion of the Honorguard is constantly messed up as well.

It's a good thing that this game was never really designed around the raids, but at the same time it would be nice to have a bit of extra content until they can get the sieges fixed. And just so there's no confusion I'm talking about the 3 Tier 1 Raids.

The problems with the raids might have something to do with funcom having 2 raid programmers :o

edit - Btw klip/yawn which teams are you guys on (if on deathwhisper)
I know a few people that have canceled strictly because the sieging is not 100% done yet. Did they ever say when it will get some patch love?

Also, what do you mean by 3 "tier 1" raids?

Homerpf
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 07-01-2008, 16:29
They've been patching sieges, just got a little more work to do. I would expect them to be close to done in the next 2-3 patches (2-3 weeks now).

And there are different tiers of raids. We haven't even scratched the surface with most of the raids and **** but I really doubt any of the higher level raids are even working. Some examples would be when you go in onyx there is another door you can port through you have to be 80. The stairs in kheshatta city that go way up lead to some stronghold (no way I can spell the name so I won't butcher it). All the tiers drop different equipment, the stuff you are seeing now are tier 1 items. I think someone had posted what the tier 3 ranger equipment would look like on one of the AoC sites.

RiverStyx
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 07-02-2008, 23:23
Don't lie rb I know you like it for the boobs.

Klip°
VeteranX
Old
33 - 07-03-2008, 09:55
we just cleared all of t1 and did the gargoyle of t2. t2 is bugged, so you can only do the one boss. sucks. also, raiding is pretty simple.

ragingbunny
VeteranX
Old
34 - 07-03-2008, 09:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverStyx View Post
Don't lie rb I know you like it for the boobs.
holy ****, still alive eh? You playing AoC?

PS: I stalk demos b/c of their female pets :o

Yawnfest
Veteran5
Old
35 - 07-03-2008, 17:06
Maybe it's different at 80 but right now Bear Shaman seems far weaker in PvP than the other 2 healers.

RiverStyx
VeteranXV
Old
36 - 07-04-2008, 17:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingbunny View Post
holy ****, still alive eh? You playing AoC?

PS: I stalk demos b/c of their female pets :o
Yea, with some friends on a carebear server, but they don't play much so thinking of moving.

ZenTseTse
VeteranX
Old
37 - 07-04-2008, 18:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
The game is also far more fun and fast when you do it in groups.
Everything is designed around group stuff.

I mostly soloed to 80, but in the 70-80 zone (kheshatta) you really see that even grinding or questing is supposed to be for groups. And pvp with 6v6 is awesome fun. Heck, ive seen some raid v raid fights on Epic Khesh that were very intense.

PS. You guys 78+ need to be running Epic Khesh. THere are 12-15 bosses and you can easily single pull them

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page At first I was blind, but now I see...

Social Website Bullshit