At first I was blind, but now I see... by ragingbunny - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page At first I was blind, but now I see...
Page 1 of 2
ragingbunny
VeteranX
Old
1 - 06-26-2008, 12:56
When I first started playing AoC I wasn't really impressed with much of the game. The graphics weren't too impressive (on my old comp, later changed), I wasn't too excited about the combo system, the GUI was/is horrible (minor point), and I found the questing boring.

I recently rerolled onto a different server and started leveling with two friends. I have really found this game to be quite fun and everything that I've wanted in an MMO. The character generator is quite badass, I've learned to love the combo system, the graphics look phenomenal on my new computer and the questing is much more enjoyable as you get higher in level. I love the fact that world PVP is everywhere. I really don't care what the lvl of the player is, I go for the kill and see what I can do. It's quite fun and for the most part tests the skill of the players. The questing turned from boring to awesome for me when I could just follow the arrows on the minimap without alt-tabbing out to thottbot or some equally **** site to find where I'm supposed to go. This allows me to smash face while getting the boring questing out of the way.

I <3 this game. This is just a post for the doubters. Try it if you have doubts, it's true PVP game, very casual and fun.

Sponsored Links
Senty
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 06-26-2008, 13:19
That's great! Now reroll again on Doomsayer.

ragingbunny
VeteranX
Old
3 - 06-26-2008, 13:32
Nay, that's where I started, moved to Deathwisperer.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 06-26-2008, 15:06
TRUE PVP GAME

(as long as you roll one of the classes that are broken)

Senty
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 06-26-2008, 15:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingbunny View Post
I'm gay.
To each his own.

Flowen
VeteranX
Old
6 - 06-26-2008, 16:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senty View Post
That's great! Now reroll again on Doomsayer.

Slobax
VeteranX
Old
7 - 06-26-2008, 16:19
everything you wanted in an mmo, yet it's not even a real MMO

There is no vast, seamless world. It's guild wars with a monthly fee. Who the **** would play WoW if you had to be like "Hey, which instance of Stormwind are you in so i can come make a trade with you"..."oh i'm in instance 24" "oh ok, let me go switch instances of this zone"

I just get flabbergasted at how no one brings this up and how people don't mind spending $15/month for a battle.net/guild wars type server system of an RPG.

vempire
Resident Freak
Contributor
Old
8 - 06-26-2008, 16:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobax View Post

There is no vast, seamless world. It's guild wars with a monthly fee. Who the **** would play WoW if you had to be like "Hey, which instance of Stormwind are you in so i can come make a trade with you"..."oh i'm in instance 24" "oh ok, let me go switch instances of this zone"

I just get flabbergasted at how no one brings this up and how people don't mind spending $15/month for a battle.net/guild wars type server system of an RPG.
Well here are the reasons why people don't bring it up:

1. Boobies.
2. It's not WoW. (WoW is soooooo kewl to bash or didn't you get the memo?)
3. Blood.
4. Boobies.

Hmmm... I know I'm forgetting one other reason why people will blindly keep paying to beta test this game.. What was it again? Oh yeah:

5. Boobies.

[SES]BaNsHee
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 06-26-2008, 16:27
Changing instances takes a couple seconds. Its also fairly helpful in doing quests on an FFA PVP server.

SkittleBrew
VeteranX
Old
10 - 06-26-2008, 17:21
I couldn't give ****'all about instanced zones. I don't know why this is an issue with some people. Conan's zones are massive. More massive than WoW's. Even so, I wouldn't want 100 people running around one with me trying to beat each other to the mobs.

And for your information AoC's "stormwind" type major cities and hubs are not instanced. Only adventuring areas are.

Last edited by SkittleBrew; 06-26-2008 at 17:27..
WarBuddha
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
11 - 06-26-2008, 17:22
Instances allow more people to be on one server, I rather enjoy it this way.

WarBuddha
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
12 - 06-26-2008, 17:23
Quote:

Go raid Black Temple another 50 times and wait for WotLK.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 06-26-2008, 18:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by [SES]BaNsHee View Post
Changing instances takes a couple seconds. Its also fairly helpful in doing quests on an FFA PVP server.
Thats because its not an actual FFA PVP server since you can instance out of the FFA PVP.

Senty
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 06-26-2008, 18:40
You can go from an instance where you're getting raped to one where you're doing the raping.

-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranX
Old
15 - 06-26-2008, 19:24
Quote:

lol you're cute.
Different doesnt mean worse.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
16 - 06-26-2008, 19:31
only the game I like is a REAL game!

[SES]BaNsHee
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 06-26-2008, 20:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyElTigre View Post
Thats because its not an actual FFA PVP server since you can instance out of the FFA PVP.
Right into a new one?

ragingbunny
VeteranX
Old
18 - 06-26-2008, 20:56
Quote:

I dont look at an MMO for a seamless world, i play one to develop a character and to enjoy the game, one that is (mostly) based on skill.

placid
VeteranX
Old
19 - 06-27-2008, 10:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingbunny View Post
one that is (mostly) based on skill.

ragingbunny
VeteranX
Old
20 - 06-27-2008, 12:50
in comparison with WoW, it takes more skill, i would rather play a game like AoC instead of a gearfest piece of **** like WoW

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page At first I was blind, but now I see...

Social Website Bullshit