[Legions] What pissses me off the most

Who the fuck let him out of his cage again?

Having pubbed with DS over the last 4 or 5 years in t2 he is a pretty smart player.

I know from listening to a lot of these players that have have gamed for the last 10 years or so that if they say the game sucks then it probably sucks.

Last edited:
Time is ticking..... soon the # of people playing Legions will drop by 1/4 of the people playing on the first day of open beta, then 1/4 more will drop a week from then, then 1/4 more will drop another week after that.

I really just do not understand how on earth a tribes player can say there is no skill involved in this game.

Newsflash: Just because you can ski, or hit an MA, or cap a flag in a new tribes game after having played tribes for 10 years does not mean the game lacks skill/depth/learning curve. It means you have been playing a game just like it for 10 fucking years so it is easier to adapt.

It means you have been playing a game just like it for 10 fucking years so it is easier to adapt.

first off i started playing tribes on the abortion that was T2 about 3 years after It had come out

aside from that your second point was adapting
easier to fucking adapt my ass, hell T:V took more skill FFS... and for a game being different(legions) compaired to a game that was supposed to be a sequel (T:V)the time for me to score consistent MA's have been dramatically different (aka less skills need apply)

T:V 1 week
Legions 1 day

I really just do not understand how on earth a tribes player can say there is no skill involved in this game.

Newsflash: Just because you can ski, or hit an MA, or cap a flag in a new tribes game after having played tribes for 10 years does not mean the game lacks skill/depth/learning curve. It means you have been playing a game just like it for 10 fucking years so it is easier to adapt.

Please stop calling Legions, Tribes. It is not Tribes, will never be Tribes, or anything like Tribes.

Please stop calling Legions, Tribes. It is not Tribes, will never be Tribes, or anything like Tribes.

"legions" is almost a synonym for "tribes" ;)

which is funny considering how adamant they were at distancing themselves from tribes. sure, its not tribes... in the sense that a burger without meat isnt a burger :p: its like pacman without the ghosts or tetris with just 2x2 blocks.

:lol: at the people saying it takes no skill because they hit an MA on some dude who plays marble blast trying out legions.

ya dude, your so pro because you capped the flag in a server full of nubs , and who most likely weren't even defending the flag.

GO GO TRIBES SKILL ++ YAAA!!!!

:lol: Idiots.

i have played tribes for ten years (granted, off and on) and i think legions is faster and requires more skill to master. the learning curve is steeper than tribes' as well.

It's essentially a free game. As fans of the Tribes series we have nothing to lose if it fails, but everything to gain if it does well. I don't see the point in preaching to the world that Legions sucks, just because that is your own opinion. If you don't like the game, fine; but bash the game constructively, as opposed to bashing the game just for the sake of ruining other people's fun.

I for one enjoy the game despite its apparent flaws. I see potential in Legions, and will support is as long as it has the potential to bring a new tribes-like experience to me.

Again, it's a free game. There is no reason to act like GG are raping your first child by creating a sub-par game.

im guessing rampancy is no older than 16 because he hasn't discovered yet that making yourself look like a rabid fanboy is not the right way to convince people
Durak, considering that it took 3 people helping and several hours just for you to discover how to ski in Legions, you're not in much of a position to talk shit.
Honestly, with the general level of intellect you've displayed both here and on the Rokkitball forums, you're really in no position to insult or attack someone of ds's caliber.
Darkstrand is semi-illiterate and any position he takes up has at least 10x as much flame as it does substance. If it has any substance at all.

On that subject, the "general level of intellect" displayed on the RB forums by your side of the argument was fucking pathetic, though in fairness you guys had to contend with retards like Gerano on my side. Only person who managed to put together any well-reasoned posts was Kryand. Debating with him actually wasn't too bad, since he at least put some time and effort into his posts, despite his moments of pompous douchebaggery. He ultimately didn't respond to my last post where I was trying to move discussion more towards balancing the needs of the casual and competitive sides of RB, and then tried claiming Mission Accomplished a couple weeks later :rolleyes: Apparently bailing out on an argument and ignoring attempts to begin constructive discussion qualifies as "winning" these days. As it turns out, neither of us were able to see whose points were more accurate/relevant because the new maps were released at an absolutely exorbitant price and there's still essentially nobody playing them. I can link you to the thread in question if you want.

On a side note, ironically enough, some of the same kinds of arguments you tried to put down in the RB forums are being used by Darkstrand to attack Legions.

Oh, and Bravo, for making that post you're now sucking dev cock in the minds of half these idiots. Just a heads up.

Last edited:
this game sucks...little skill involved... hell my first run through i got a MA hit

Seriously like my first day when I played TF2 (Team Fortress 2) I was a heavy weapons guy and managed to headshot everyone right away.

I uninstalled the game right then and there and unsubscribed to Steam so that I would not embarrass anyone anymore.

I think we should start a Facebook group about being theoretically too good to play videogames.

this game sucks...little skill involved... hell my first run through i got a MA hit
I got an ma on my first day of Tribes. I was using arrow keys and the keyboard to aim, straight out of DF2:Jedi Knight. I also got a snipe on a guy 600 meters away during my second game, once my oldest brother told me I was being retarded and got me to switch over to wsad+mouse. Shit happens. Point is, getting an MA hit really doesn't mean much. My best friend, who doesn't even play video games, got an MA disk hit in T1 in his first 2 minutes.

Getting an MA doesn't make you any good at a game, and doesn't mean it doesn't have a skill curve :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back