If you want to save some money, do not buy this worthless pile of garbage. by G-Force - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page If you want to save some money, do not buy this worthless pile of garbage.
Page 2 of 3
Witch
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 06-15-2008, 08:22
2.66GHz E6750 C2D
Winfast 8800GT 512MB
2GB 800MHz DDR
SATA2 HDD

Running on High with SM 3.0, Shadow Quality and Water Ref Quality disabled..
20-50fps. It was higher before, few patches made it bit worse, but it's very playable now.

I got bloom, no AA, 8x AF, full grass, 50% high qual distance, normal distance almost at max

*shrug*

edit: my rig costed 550 EUR, would get it with 500 EUR now. Not really "gods gift" when it comes to price..

Sponsored Links
-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranX
Old
22 - 06-15-2008, 09:15
Towns are a big problem. Like any MMO. huge fps sinks.

PessimiStick
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
23 - 06-15-2008, 09:58
You'd get much better FPS with bloom off, and Shader 2.0.

Yawnfest
Veteran5
Old
24 - 06-15-2008, 12:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebral View Post
It does not take 20 spells to kill an equal level DT, unless he's landed both his life taps and is constantly hitting you, has sadism at 10, and has popped the best health potion he can...and is being healed at the same time by a buddy.

Even if your obvious lies about a DT were true, he'd have to be in Defensive Stance, and he still wouldn't have a chance at killing you unless you decided to go afk for 3 minutes.

At 59, a ToS 8 levels below managed to drop me with 4 spells, not counting roots.

An 80 Ranger 1 shotted me earlier.

The only fun I've had in PvP is in group on group action competing for grinding spots. If I have someone to root and stun people for me, I can actually do a decent job, but on my own I have absolutely no way to kill anyone that isn't actively looking to die.

DTs get their first stun at level 40, if they've spent all the necessary feat points, it lasts 1.5 seconds, has a chance to miss (and thanks to a recent bug also has a chance to fire off with no effect), has a 1 minute cooldown.

Our only Snare can be taken at level 35, it lasts like 3 seconds and is a measely -35% reduction to movement speed. As for knockbacks, what the **** are those?

In short, shut your whore caster mouth about DTs.
You obviously don't know a necro. It does take me roughly 20 spells to kill a soldier class. It is rediculous. I got hit by an equal level Demo for 1,000. For me to do that I would need to refresh my best dots twice and take me 18 seconds to occur. Huge joke.

Yes, DT's are horrific in PvP. What did you expect rolling a soldier class? You're not going to kill anything. Just be thankful you have 3x the hp of everyone else and should never die from ganks. Just pop your sprint and maybe a stam pot and laugh as you can't die.

Calder
VeteranX
Old
25 - 06-15-2008, 12:55
This just in: Necros need buffs (LOL)

slowmo
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 06-16-2008, 03:24
2-4 months down th road the game will be decent.

My biggest complaint with the game right now is the lack of quest 50+, the fact that you really dont have a chance to get the level 40 mount till mid 50s, and travel in general getting from my guild city in potain to field of the dead takes me close to a half hour without a mount. Also the lack of bag/bank space, I only have the 4 slot bag but if i were to pick up everything while questing I run out of bag space about half way through the first quest, thought i had it bad on my lock in WoW.

oh and also i love how guild cities are the biggest waste of money yet they do absolutely nothing right now

Witch
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 06-16-2008, 17:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
You'd get much better FPS with bloom off, and Shader 2.0.
I do not want to turn Shader to 2.0 because that disables grass by default. I kind of enjoy the "Gladiator Field" effect in Poitan.. But yeah, I don't need more FPS. Anything over 30 is perfectly fine for me

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
28 - 06-16-2008, 19:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmo View Post
2-4 months down th road the game will be decent.

I would agree with you if this wasn't funcom and I didn't go through hell trying to play Anarchy Online for the same reasons I quit Conan.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
29 - 06-16-2008, 20:51
this thread needs more whine.

[SES]BaNsHee
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 06-18-2008, 11:53
I was upset about the beta and not being able to get in because of black screen of death. I still have an old comp that Im playing on and it barely meets requirements. I was only getting like 5-15 fps the first couple days then after the last patch Im around 20-25 for some reason. Have another gig of ram on the way for $30 and a new vid card for $300 Im considering depending on how much the ram helps. Having a blast on this game. Most fun rpg Ive played. Sucks you didnt enjoy it and think you have to have a super comp to play it.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 06-18-2008, 12:04
you play at like all minimum settings?

Greywolf
VeteranX
Old
32 - 06-18-2008, 12:29
Ive been looking at this game, and so far im somewhat confused.
here are my questions:

How hard is it to level in this game?
playing on pvp servers mean constant gank?
at lvl 40 you get a mount, and ive heard that you can fight on ur mount.....can a ranger fight off a mount?
what doesnt work? sieges? pvp? etc
Is it worth the money, is the TW going to be worth joining to make the city etc?

Im wanting the weight the pros and cons of getting this game. Im not to worried about bugs, because those happen. I am kinda worried about selling points (they were claiming) that dont work. Also if there are enough players playing the game.

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
33 - 06-18-2008, 13:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Ive been looking at this game, and so far im somewhat confused.
here are my questions:

How hard is it to level in this game?
playing on pvp servers mean constant gank?
at lvl 40 you get a mount, and ive heard that you can fight on ur mount.....can a ranger fight off a mount?
what doesnt work? sieges? pvp? etc
Is it worth the money, is the TW going to be worth joining to make the city etc?

Im wanting the weight the pros and cons of getting this game. Im not to worried about bugs, because those happen. I am kinda worried about selling points (they were claiming) that dont work. Also if there are enough players playing the game.
1) The game is super easy to level in, I was 70 in a week of casual mixed with a couple nights of hardcore grinding.

2) If you are stupid, yes constant ganks will happen. If you are someone with half a brain to either change instances or level with a partner the ganks will happen a lot less.

3) Not sure I understand what you are asking. Can you fight on a mount? yea somewhat, can you fight "off" a mount as a ranger? Yea... how else would you level 40 levels until you get a mount.

4) What doesn't work.. well.. no one that I know has tested to see if they actually got siege working. There is a lot of "little" bugs. They fixed the stats not working in the last patch, and broke a couple other things. Honestly I don't feel im qualified to answer this anymore as I haven't played or read patch notes in the last week or two since I quit.

5) I think TW would be a great guild to join, I already had a guild for AoC or I would have. Should I think you should buy the game? Thats a matter of perception honestly. I mean, you will always have people like the OP who rant and rave the game sucks and runs like **** no matter what, and then you have the fanboi's who will ignore it all.

Im neither so ill tell you with a strait face why I quit. First and foremost the game was fun for me. The combat was quicker paced. The levels were fast and I felt like I got a lot done in a short amount of time playing.

With that said. I am not the type of person to pay for a game I feel after 5 years of development still needs another year to be done. When I quit, the patches were making performance worse (Regardless of what the guys here trying to tell you it didn't say, read the forums and you will see that there was HUGE problems for people with FPS drops, memory leaks, black screens, ctd's, etc) stats didn't even work, good portion of feats for some classes were borked. Certain zones with quests you couldn't even finish, high end content not even working. There is huge gaps in content between 30-39, and 52-58ish.

but the game is fun. If you can look past all that and enjoy the game then buy it. If you can't then don't. I decided to sell my character, not because I wasn't having fun but because I played their other MMO for 2 years and Its the same story over and over again in Conan. you have people who hang on saying it will get better in 2 months, but it just doesn't. Its the same bush league patches and breaking of content over and over again in AO that scared me away from Conan because I saw the same exact trends going on. The other issue I hated about funcom is the way they market these huge exciting things and then can't deliver because they don't actually test the validity of what they are trying to sell you.. On top of that they have 0 customer support really. I had my account say I was banned it took them 3 days to even get back to me on a week day about it... turned out to be an account error. Buddy couldn't install the game because it kept giving him errors, all tech support said was "keep trying". No questions asked about his configuration or the error, no offer to help just a canned response then another response a day later of "Keep trying until it works".. no phone support etc...

then they just launch **** with out telling you that they couldn't deliver on what they promised. Example 48v48 instanced Keep fights because they couldn't get **** working with more then that, yet now they are boasting in the forums about a 300 player alliance fight.. considering they couldn't get it to work with more then 100 players I don't see how 2 weeks later they are going to get 300 people in one area right. So again, for me it was the continuation of the same attitude they had in AO that made me decide against playing still. (That and I had warhammer beta.. I would still play casual if I didn't most likely)

Last edited by Shadow13; 06-18-2008 at 13:06..
Greywolf
VeteranX
Old
34 - 06-18-2008, 16:48
can rangers fire off mounts?

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
35 - 06-18-2008, 17:55
Quote:
oh, I am not sure to be honest my ranger was only 30, my ToS was my main and I never even used a mount because I gave the money to my guild instead for the city instead.

Golazo
VeteranX
Old
36 - 06-18-2008, 18:11
good post vespy :T

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
37 - 06-19-2008, 02:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calder View Post
Did you even make it off Tortage?
I like G-Force but he must be a carebear sissy boy.

This game reminds me of so many old school mmo's rolled into one.

Sure it has it bugs here and there.. As does every single mmo to date on release. But they are working on it and it runs fine on my old ass BELOW minimum spec PoS.

If you are having FPS issues there are several things you can do to correct them.

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
38 - 06-19-2008, 13:08
Quote:
We can only shoot to the left off of mounts, if you want to hit something you have to face your horse to the right so your left side is facting the target.

It's pretty stupid.

And it's only normal attacks.

Greywolf
VeteranX
Old
39 - 06-19-2008, 17:54
so i could hae a mammoth and fire a bow off of it?

[SES]BaNsHee
VeteranXV
Old
40 - 06-19-2008, 20:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyer View Post
We can only shoot to the left off of mounts, if you want to hit something you have to face your horse to the right so your left side is facting the target.

It's pretty stupid.

And it's only normal attacks.
mmm. Wouldnt be so bad if they let you pick what dominant hand your character was. Then it would make sense to only be able to fire off one side.

Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page If you want to save some money, do not buy this worthless pile of garbage.

Social Website Bullshit