If you want to save some money, do not buy this worthless pile of garbage. by G-Force - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page If you want to save some money, do not buy this worthless pile of garbage.
Page 1 of 3
G-Force
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 06-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Definately not the WoW killer it was hyped up to be.

The game just seems to be lacking so much. Boring areas, broken combo system(supposed to be revolutionary or something...revolutionary is not the word I'd use to describe it)

I bought a new kick ass computer to play this game a week ago. I just returned the computer and got my money back. Good to have my old "still good enough to run most games" machine. AoC requires a computer built by God himself (which I had, now returned).

Anyway, long story short, save your money. Go get a hooker or something. I'd rather get the clap than play this sorry sack of ****.

Funcom fanboys...attack!!

Sponsored Links
Calder
VeteranX
Old
2 - 06-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Did you even make it off Tortage?

cerebral
VeteranX
Old
3 - 06-14-2008, 06:03 AM
Weird, I don't have god's gift to gaming in the way of a computer, but I run everything at the highest settings and average 35-40 fps.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
4 - 06-14-2008, 07:26 AM
yawn

-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranX
Old
5 - 06-14-2008, 08:22 AM
lol
Retard: I"m now going to insult something you all like in a forum about the very thing you like.
Retard: ANNNNDDDDDD you're all fan boys if you say anything that contradicts what i think.

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
6 - 06-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Wait, Funcom has fanboys?

Falhawk
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 06-14-2008, 08:36 AM
it barely runs on my pc but I enjoy the pvp

the pve is...meh

L&L-KaoS
Unregistered
Old
8 - 06-14-2008, 11:25 AM
I dunno im lv 48 i find it addicting as hell. Ya it's got some rough spots but the game just came out. Big deal, it will be fixed within a couple of months.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
9 - 06-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Guess you never played the WoW launch :o

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
10 - 06-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyer View Post
Wait, Funcom has fanboys?
Apparently if you dont uninstall right away you are a "fanboy."

cerebral
VeteranX
Old
11 - 06-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
it barely runs on my pc but I enjoy the pvp

the pve is...meh
I'm exactly the opposite, I enjoy the pve, but the pvp makes me want to kick a puppy.

Of course that may have something to do with playing as a Dark Templar.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 06-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebral View Post
Weird, I don't have god's gift to gaming in the way of a computer, but I run everything at the highest settings and average 35-40 fps.
Post your zCPU stats please, because I have a pretty beefy system and with everything on highest for me took me to 10 - 12 frames. I managed to get it to 30 - 35 if I took the shader version down to 2.0 and set it to Medium.

cerebral
VeteranX
Old
13 - 06-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Intel Core 2 6600 2.4gHz
2g RAM
Nvidia 8800 GT

I do have my shader set down to 2.0.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 06-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Must be the vid card, have 3.0ghz Intel Core 2 duo and 4 GB of RAM and it's kind of ****ty even with medium on. and 2.0 makes it look muddy albeit playable.

Yawnfest
Veteran5
Old
15 - 06-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Still loving the pvp but it's getting a little rediculous at higher levels. The scaling between damage and hp/mitigation is out of whack. I am now being consistently 2 shotted or even 1 shotted by certain classes. Meanwhile it takes me playing what is supposedly a damage class about 20 spells to kill an equal level DT or Guardian.

Livingdeath
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 06-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Game is borked.. Im lvl 58 now and im sick ot death of grinding my xp. Despite being on a PvP server, I can't find realistic PvP. Its either gank groups, or high lvls going after me. Meanwhile the minigames are never utilized, and my class has so many bugs its painfully broken.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 06-14-2008, 10:14 PM
I presently cancelled, I'll come back in 2 - 3 months when more of it is fixed.

Draynar
VeteranX
Old
18 - 06-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Make your shader 2.x instead of 3.0 and game runs much better. Totally worth the fee in my opinion I enjoy playing.

Draynar
VeteranX
Old
19 - 06-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingdeath View Post
Game is borked.. Im lvl 58 now and im sick ot death of grinding my xp. Despite being on a PvP server, I can't find realistic PvP. Its either gank groups, or high lvls going after me. Meanwhile the minigames are never utilized, and my class has so many bugs its painfully broken.
What class? I"m 61 I ground 3 levels only (50-53) for mount money. Also thats what ffa pvp is.. Always has been, did you expect something different? I find it fun personally. Mini games are fun but ya more people are leveling then playing they need to clean up the queue anyways so we can join in groups honestly.

cerebral
VeteranX
Old
20 - 06-15-2008, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawnfest View Post
Still loving the pvp but it's getting a little rediculous at higher levels. The scaling between damage and hp/mitigation is out of whack. I am now being consistently 2 shotted or even 1 shotted by certain classes. Meanwhile it takes me playing what is supposedly a damage class about 20 spells to kill an equal level DT or Guardian.
It does not take 20 spells to kill an equal level DT, unless he's landed both his life taps and is constantly hitting you, has sadism at 10, and has popped the best health potion he can...and is being healed at the same time by a buddy.

Even if your obvious lies about a DT were true, he'd have to be in Defensive Stance, and he still wouldn't have a chance at killing you unless you decided to go afk for 3 minutes.

At 59, a ToS 8 levels below managed to drop me with 4 spells, not counting roots.

An 80 Ranger 1 shotted me earlier.

The only fun I've had in PvP is in group on group action competing for grinding spots. If I have someone to root and stun people for me, I can actually do a decent job, but on my own I have absolutely no way to kill anyone that isn't actively looking to die.

DTs get their first stun at level 40, if they've spent all the necessary feat points, it lasts 1.5 seconds, has a chance to miss (and thanks to a recent bug also has a chance to fire off with no effect), has a 1 minute cooldown.

Our only Snare can be taken at level 35, it lasts like 3 seconds and is a measely -35% reduction to movement speed. As for knockbacks, what the **** are those?

In short, shut your whore caster mouth about DTs.

Page 1 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page If you want to save some money, do not buy this worthless pile of garbage.

Social Website Bullshit