Sieges (what we know so far) by TseTse - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page Sieges (what we know so far)
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
1 - 06-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Let's try to pull info together cuz there's really a lack of it out there...

IGN: Age of Conan's Siege Battles

Video from Summer 2007 GDC (he says "hundreds of players")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TTsDVeurU8
  • You need a tier3 guild city to start doing battlekeeps. They take place in the Border Kingdom: http://images.wikia.com/aoc/images//...er_Kingdom.jpg
  • 48v48
  • Holding a battlekeep gets you major benefits and rewards
  • You can hire mercenaries, other players, to help - offer them money and teleport them in. Both offense and defense can do this.
  • Battlekeep structures come in various sizes (forts, cities, small reso camps)
  • Apparently there are up to 9 battlekeeps per server (thus i assume this means only 9 borderkeep zones and many more of the smaller player controlled structures)
  • There are "windows" setup for when siege events can happen, with 1 guild vs 1 guild involved officially
  • Once you claim a battlekeep plot, you get 7 days of peace to develop. You get less time for smaller structures in the zone.
  • Destruction of the Keep spawns a huge NPC boss which you kill
  • "The defenders will have a specific number of points when starting a siege, and the attackers gain points for blasting apart buildings and making kills. Once the attacking team's point exceed that of the defending team's, then and only then can the city truly be taken over. If the keep is destroyed before the attackers' points outnumber the defenders', then the offensive team only succeeds in getting some loot and wreaking havoc, but won't gain control of the city."
  • "Currently, after two weeks your battle keep moves from tier one to tier two, and after another two weeks upgrades to tier three."

Last edited by TseTse; 06-13-2008 at 04:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
TseTse
VeteranX
Old
2 - 06-12-2008, 09:51 AM
And yes... Blood Eagle will aim to be a dominant mercenary guild.

Senty
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 06-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Any signs of NPCs developing in the city instance?

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
4 - 06-12-2008, 04:42 PM
"Hundreds of players." i know of no formal cap on players. They want it to feel epic, so the rumors of just 20-40 people are likely false.

It was stated on the forums or in a patch note its 48 on 48. It is also instanced. Once your 48 are chosen, and the other teams 48 are chosen no others can come in or out of the instance.

This might have changed, ill have to look but thats exactly what I read (it might have been during beta I can't remember again ill have to look it up when I get a sec)

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
5 - 06-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow13 View Post
It was stated on the forums or in a patch note its 48 on 48. It is also instanced. Once your 48 are chosen, and the other teams 48 are chosen no others can come in or out of the instance.

This might have changed, ill have to look but thats exactly what I read (it might have been during beta I can't remember again ill have to look it up when I get a sec)
Link?

That contradicts what they are saying about it and mercenaries. I can see teams of 48 v 48. That would be fine. But there is no way it's capped at 24 v 24. I cannot believe that.

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
6 - 06-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
Link?

That contradicts what they are saying about it and mercenaries. I can see teams of 48 v 48. That would be fine. But there is no way it's capped at 24 v 24. I cannot believe that.

no its 48 on 48 as I said in the first sentence of my post, not 24 v 24

and you can have merc's but you have to invite them in BEFORE the instant starts and if they drop they can not come back. Once the instant starts no one can leave or come back from what I read, but again ill find the link.. cause it might have been beta that I read that to be honest I can't remember off the top of my head.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 06-12-2008, 10:17 PM
so you spawn in an instance, take the towers, kill the elite npc and win?

that sounds pretty new

styr
VeteranX
Old
8 - 06-12-2008, 10:20 PM
sounds like AV with 8 more people per side

L&L-KaoS
Unregistered
Old
9 - 06-12-2008, 10:59 PM
I cant wait to hit 80 40 more levels

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
10 - 06-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow13 View Post
no its 48 on 48 as I said in the first sentence of my post, not 24 v 24

and you can have merc's but you have to invite them in BEFORE the instant starts and if they drop they can not come back. Once the instant starts no one can leave or come back from what I read, but again ill find the link.. cause it might have been beta that I read that to be honest I can't remember off the top of my head.
do you have a link to this info?

d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
11 - 06-13-2008, 12:08 AM
You guys didnt know city sieging is instanced 48 vs 48? Welcome to a few months ago.

Calder
VeteranX
Old
12 - 06-13-2008, 12:37 AM
It's capped 48v48 but I don't think you're restricted in or out after it starts.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
13 - 06-13-2008, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calder View Post
It's capped 48v48 but I don't think you're restricted in or out after it starts.
I don't see how they could require this. It would also defeat the stated purpose of having this neato mercenary system. They make it sound like an ad hoc thing.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 06-13-2008, 09:16 AM
It is funcom after all, they usually announce big ideas then realize they can't pull off the technical side of it and drop the idea after a few months.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 06-13-2008, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
And yes... Blood Eagle will aim to be a dominant mercenary guild.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the entire point of mercenaries was to allow un-guilded players to participate in keep sieges? Or will they be allowing anyone to be a mercenary as long as they are in actually in either the attacking or defending guild?

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
16 - 06-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the entire point of mercenaries was to allow un-guilded players to participate in keep sieges? Or will they be allowing anyone to be a mercenary as long as they are in actually in either the attacking or defending guild?
This is unknown how it's going to ACTUALLY play out, obviously.

They may have spun it as being friendly to un-guilded players, but think about it. If you're a big guild but dont have 48 players at hand... are you gonna just grab some random ****ers? No. You're going to go with people you know and respect, perhaps a couple individual friends or a guild known for pvp (if you need more than a couple).

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Age of Conan
Reload this Page Sieges (what we know so far)

Social Website Bullshit