Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Online Poker
Reload this Page Almost busto...
OriGiNaL
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1 - 06-10-2008, 01:37 PM
It's been 2 years since I last deposited into online poker. I've never been a Marantz or a Creative, but I've made a small amount of extra cash grinding my way from 10nl up to 50nl until March of this year. I went on a downswing over about 30,000 hands that really ****ed up my BR and forced me back into 25nl. Since then, a combination of no time, playing bad and running relatively bad have damaged me even further to the point that I will inevitably bust soon.

I made a promise to myself that I would never deposit again into Poker and I have held that promise for 2 years. At this point I'm a little exhausted with the idea that I will ever become a mid-stakes grinder, so I've just decided to go balls to the wall with what I have left. I will give it my all with my last $300 at 50nl HU. Due to the variance of HU I can almost guarantee this gets very ugly, but what the heck. I'm not really in the mood to grind my role back up to a few K again, from nothing, like I did over a year ago.

This is it! It's been a fun couple of years. I will post updates on my downfall, unless I should be so lucky to catch some hands and play them well.

edit: since miracles do happen, if any sick player wants to stake me for 100nl and coach me for 50% of any profits on a trial basis, let me know

June 31st: BR back to 1k and I'm back to 50nl.

Last edited by OriGiNaL; 06-30-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
pathogen
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 06-11-2008, 03:43 AM
just play some donkaments

when I run bad I grind the 5 table $5 buyin tables and usually place first/second pretty consistantly

OriGiNaL
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
3 - 06-17-2008, 03:33 PM
If there is one thing I'm good at in Poker, it's being a BR nit.

I tried doing my "do or die" strategy for 30 minutes before I just stopped. I'm back on the grind. I guess I never was a risk taker.

I'll report back when I work my roll back up playing in the micros.

creative
VeteranX
Old
4 - 06-17-2008, 07:28 PM
lol orig

dont tilt off your roll bc the game is hard, imo grind hard and get a coach

if you like the game and want to make money theres so many avenues to get better, you just have to focusssss

im in a house with 6 other poker guys right now and I have never learned as much about the game as i have in the past 2.5 weeks, its incredible being around guys who play the same stakes or higher as you in an environment where people are playing 2-3k hands a day and always thinking/talking about poker

im on front left, then going clockwise, petey1223 (2/4 stars) drock8d5 (5/10 stars) Danieldaylewis (10/20-25/50 FTP/UB/PP) Lucid Dream (2/4-5/10 FTP) Hugo_Busto in front (10/20 ftp)

Last edited by creative; 06-17-2008 at 07:32 PM.
OriGiNaL
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 06-18-2008, 08:51 AM
wow, nice!

Are you living in this house permanently? I'd still love to sweat you sometime. For the record I do focus, I just hit a major bump in the road in March which destroyed any confidence I had.

You can check my posts on 2+2 "orig!naL" and I just canceled my CR membership after 2 years.

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 06-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
lol orig

dont tilt off your roll bc the game is hard, imo grind hard and get a coach

if you like the game and want to make money theres so many avenues to get better, you just have to focusssss

im in a house with 6 other poker guys right now and I have never learned as much about the game as i have in the past 2.5 weeks, its incredible being around guys who play the same stakes or higher as you in an environment where people are playing 2-3k hands a day and always thinking/talking about poker

im on front left, then going clockwise, petey1223 (2/4 stars) drock8d5 (5/10 stars) Danieldaylewis (10/20-25/50 FTP/UB/PP) Lucid Dream (2/4-5/10 FTP) Hugo_Busto in front (10/20 ftp)

thats awesome. you living there permanantly or is it a summer in vegas type arrangement?

d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
7 - 06-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Man, I wish I had friends that played poker. Let me rephrase that, I wish I had friends that were good at poker.

creative
VeteranX
Old
8 - 06-19-2008, 01:51 AM
im just here till july 1st, other guys are there till july 31st...gotta start my job :\

OriGiNaL
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
9 - 06-22-2008, 10:58 PM
I continue to run like complete ass. Go me. I love getting the money in ahead, thinking about the **** you don't want to happen and watching it happen.

Here is today again.

edit: I have no idea why its saying I only lost ~250 BBs because I lost 5 buyins. Maybe its because I was playing on the deep tables so pokerEV ****ed up the level I'm playing at?

OriGiNaL
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
10 - 06-29-2008, 05:40 PM
last couple weeks even with running like **** IMO. I'm such a BR nit it sickens me. Anyway, I guess the good thing is I'm just about rolled for 50nl again and hopefully back to 100nl shots soon enough.

Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
11 - 06-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Eh, I'm currently on a $500 below EV run at 25NL over the last 3 weeks or so. Your definition or running like ass is a bit off

creative
VeteranX
Old
12 - 06-29-2008, 10:01 PM
solid stats orig, i like the w$wsf and your attn to steal blinds, your aggro factor are very solid as welll....def could beat 1/2 playing that style

OriGiNaL
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
13 - 06-30-2008, 10:41 AM
edit: I actually ran pretty hot last night and now I am rolled for 50nl again.

(June 30th)

RockeT
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 06-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Right on, keep it going man!

OriGiNaL
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
15 - 07-01-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm about to leave for Spain. I won't have a chance to play any poker until about July 22nd.

I'm glad to be leaving on a good note. I continued my assault today on 25nl/50nl. I'm playing my A game, but I'm also running hotter than the sun in terms of the cards I'm being delt.

I did loose KK to AA AIPF today and THEN AA to KK when villains KK rivered a flush AIPF.

Results from today (July 1st):

Creative I wouldn't mind talking about flop textures in 3-bet pots. I won't be able to until late July though.

ttyl

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Online Poker
Reload this Page Almost busto...

Social Website Bullshit