[(#)SOCCER] 2007-2008 Season Thread Part II

yeah, don't really get what gift's problem with the title is, the season for most leagues is August to May

well I figured that this would become the soccer thread for however long until it got closed again, so i was thinking ahead to next season.
sorry :(

I hear the highlight of the u23 match tonight was a decent looking chick running on the field - unfortunately wearing a bikini so not a streaker

fuck missed that

stuart holden look alright, and our back line was pretty solid

but then again they were playing hon

their 2nd team at that

shoddy arbitrage? lol monkey u clearly dont know what that word means. Don't get so defensive on Barca. It's an opinion. I'm not an EPL dick rider but Spain just doesn't look as good as previous few years. Only Getafe left in Uefa and Barca in Champions league. Valencia has imploded. And Real continues to struggle in Europe.

shoddy arbitrage? lol monkey u clearly dont know what that word means. Don't get so defensive on Barca. It's an opinion. I'm not an EPL dick rider but Spain just doesn't look as good as previous few years. Only Getafe left in Uefa and Barca in Champions league. Valencia has imploded. And Real continues to struggle in Europe.
i don't know what shoddy arbitrage means? :rolleyes:

btw, i said the powerhouse teams have been performing poorly this season, i don't deny that, but honestly if you haven't been watching liga matches making a blanket statement like that is retarded, because there are lots of teams other than madrid sevilla barcelona and getafe, and they have for the most part been playing some good football

you're basing your judgement of the entire league all on how the top teams are doing in the uefa/cl, and i'm saying you need to shut the fuck up

anyways, there's lots of football to be plaid, stop jumping to conclusions faggot because barça might just romp it's way to moscow

I have to admit I find barca's fortunes fairly hilarious. Henry looks past it now, ronaldinho is inconsistant... the only gem is messi and he has injury problems. Barca need a new strong headed coach to get the best of the stars, or they'll quickly go the 'galactico' route of self destruction and under performance.

I bet Wenger pisses himself with glee every time he thinks about how he cashed in on Henry at the perfect time.

you have your assessment of the current situation in barça, which is fair, and it is a reasonable one, but i predict barça will turn it around before the season is over

time will tell if i'm right

you have your assessment of the current situation in barça, which is fair, and it is a reasonable one, but i predict barça will turn it around before the season is over

time will tell if i'm right

Do you think you'll manage to win the league? To be honest I can see a mini revival in Europe, but I think La Liga is a bit of a stretch, there's too much reliance on consistancy, the one thing Barca don't have at the moment. If Real can keep it up I think it's over. You were lucky they lost after your defeat at home by Villarreal, the gap would have been pretty big.

Back