[Illidan] Yey

Can you honestly say it's fun? After a year of playing the same 3 maps against the same 3 comps? People said AV became boring after hitting exalted or getting HWL, people also started to hate AB because you can't win with any random 15 retards and clickers and keyboard turners hate WSG because there's more to it than spamming 2-3 buttons. There's a reason most of the truly competitive bg9 teams stopped playing in the middle of season2 and many of the teams considered on top in s2 are now dodging queues or no longer competing as well.

On the same note raiding-wise we've had 4 or 5 people stop raiding or quit playing in the last year+ since TBC was released. I'll take 4-5 losing interest over 50-100 any day. Throw in a flag or another objective to move it away from a waiting game to see who has a player fuckup first and maybe I'd be sold on arena, but regardless of my priest's rank I've done more PVP than the average player and it's not my thing.

first of all map variety hurts arena more than helps it. in fact i wish they removed all the maps except nagrand (and maybe blades edge). also if you've played this season you'd realize there are a lot of different 3s and 5s comps that work.

im talking about arena not battlegrounds. next expac battlegrounds will work like arena does now. then i will talk about battlegrounds. and dont give me the "its only 3 maps" bullshit with that either.

and source on your "everyone is giving up" claim plz.

for those bitching about arena pvp (im assuming you are 2k rated+ or you have no room to talk) what do you consider "good" pvp. examples from other games plz... and dont show me world pvp because thats comparing apples to pencil sharpeners.

CS1.6

CoD4

pvp = player vs player

you want pvp go play a game with skill...aka a first person shooter. I play mmo's for the social aspect (raiding). If you want to play a comp. game then go fucking do it.

CS1.6

CoD4

pvp = player vs player

you want pvp go play a game with skill...aka a first person shooter. I play mmo's for the social aspect (raiding). If you want to play a comp. game then go fucking do it.

define skill... then tell me how cod4 and cs require more skill than wow arena or competitive battlegrounds (on the rare occasion pm v pm stay to play).

note that im not suggesting wow arena takes more or less skill than fps games (hint: its a bullshit comparison). i also actively play TF2.

Last edited:
Though, if I did have to pick one...PvP on BG9 is probably tougher than PvE. PvP on some random BG with some PvE servers and RP servers is probably the easiest thing to do in this game though.

BG9 really lives up to all the hype in my opinion. I just transfered here (Tichondrius) at the start of season three and it's ridiculous how intense, challenging, and different BG9 arenas are than other shitty battlegroups. It's really a whole different style of play and if you're an avid PvPer/arena-lover who loves competition, it's the battlegroup for you, no doubt.

Why do you guys still say BG9? The present BG9 is clearly different now from what it was when battlegroups started. If I'm not mistaken the present BG9 is Nightfall, are the bulk of those realms what you talk about or is it more where the old TW strongholds of Malganis, Illidan, etc. were?

As Smaq said, BG9 = Bloodlust, not Nightfall. In BG9, we have realms like Tichondrius (the most populated and competitive), Blackrock, Ner'zhul, Kil'jaeden, Sen'jin, etc etc.

for those bitching about arena pvp (im assuming you are 2k rated+ or you have no room to talk) what do you consider "good" pvp. examples from other games plz... and dont show me world pvp because thats comparing apples to pencil sharpeners.
You're an idiot fanboy.

The whole problem (for us arena hating heathens) is that there even IS arena pvp and that it's the only thing that actually matters in the game.

For what it intends to do, I suppose it does a decent job of doing it--small fights where the biggest skill is knowing how to beat certain combos...nothing unpredictable, etc.

But as Smaq said, it's just not FUN to us...I really don't give a fuck about your 2k ratings, I've had 2k ratings too and it doesn't give me a greater appreciation for this bastion of great PvP that you call WoW.

So I will fucking talk about world PvP, because the only other "mmo" that has PvP entirely based in instances doesn't charge a fucking subscription fee for it. You're also a retard for thinking world pvp and arena pvp are so different, because our argument is that it's retarded to have the arena system be the only really useful type of PvP...so really your argument is "hey the only other pvp you can compare to wow is guild wars, go"

But here's an example of good PvP:

In Star Wars Galaxies, you could play a Bounty Hunter class. You could go to a mission terminal and it would give you the name of another player who was a Jedi. Using droids, you'd track this person and fight them. They wouldn't know you were hunting them until you attacked...if you killed them, you were given a cash reward...if they killed you, you failed the mission. Nothing in any game has ever come close to replicating the unpredictability and variety of that type of PvP.

Last edited:
good, so the issue of gear v gear in pvp isnt a problem any more. im glad blizzard added pvp sets that are better for pvp than the best pve gear and :lol: at the jealous pve whiners.
You're right, the game is actually more gear dependent than it was before, but now it's much easier to obtain.

The problem now is the fact that certain classes have scaled well with the gear and certain classes simply haven't. Certain specs are useful, certain specs aren't. Certain combos work, certain combos don't. The game isn't balanced, and you're a bigger retard than I thought if you disagree with that.

And why the fuck would pvers be jealous?

A) most of them respec on off nights and do fine
B) They are actually getting their moneys worth
C) you don't actually have to be any good to get PvP gear.

In the end, most people who vehemently support the arena system are people who haven't PvPed in another MMO, or they did and failed miserably...so this is a lost cause.

I really do hope Warhammer nails it. If they deliver the gameplay fundamentals that they have laid out, they will. An MMO with an actual end game goal that involves at least 60% PvP = win.

I just don't agree with the whole point of WoW...simple as that. It was enjoyable for a few years before everyone and their mother started playing it. It started as a genuinely fun game, but now it's basically a corporate rock band--It's taking user friendliness to the realm of madness.

Last edited:
As Smaq said, BG9 = Bloodlust, not Nightfall. In BG9, we have realms like Tichondrius (the most populated and competitive), Blackrock, Ner'zhul, Kil'jaeden, Sen'jin, etc etc.

Bloodlust is BG1. BG9 is now Shadowburn, and I can tell you that one sucks. If you don't believe me head over to the Battlegroup page and punch in Tichondrius. End of the resulting URL makes Bloodlust BG1.

ah I see, so its basically jsut guys in bg9 who think they are awesome

Uh, no. :shrug:

I just simply said, after playing on two battlegrounds besides Bloodlust (Nightfall during season one when it was competitive with CLC and Vengeance which has been named as the second most competitive during season two), Bloodlust really sticks out as the best in my opinion. That's all.

ah I see, so its basically just guys in bg9 who think they are awesome
Actually that's not necessarily true. The original bg9 people really weren't as egotistical as what you see today. Season1 we had alot of successful OG tichondrius teams with only 2 that I recall being full of transfers (CAPSLOCKCREW & Pandemic (only 2 of them, Nitrana and Reznap, og tich)). Back in s1 there was hardly ever any "2k+ or stfu" type of talk, but in s2 it was all over.

Towards the end of season1 sponsorships started to get tossed around and everyone and their brother transferred to Tichondrius and that's when the egos started to pop up. Sponsorships aren't really getting handed out today like they were 9 months ago or so and a lot of teams that transferred over to become noticed started transferring back to their original servers and battlegroups.

The World of Warcraft Armory
20 of the top 35 5v5 teams are from Tich, zero of which are originally from the server. Sure you can say Team Pandemic is from Tich but all but 2 of their roster are also xfers, the only difference with them is they transferred before season1. The only original tich team i see on either ladder is my guild's MT and his 2's team (lol where's the warrior), and I suppose Maldazzar's (qtbelf) 2s team that just recently picked up a TAO hunter and is og tich today.

The Armory
Season1 5's, all but Power Trip/Pandemic original Tich. Zero of those teams still exist. The Armory Season1 3's, all but one team (CS Resisted) original Tich, once again zero of those teams exist today. And only 2 Tich teams represented in the top 20 of 2's season1, both of which are og tich.

Alot of the top teams from season1 were from Insurrection and Grim Vengeance, the hardcore arena kids in Insurrection broke up the guild with all the shittalking in /gu (namely Quest, but he wasn't alone). I only see maybe a half dozen Insurrection guys still playing today although they were the #2 guild hordeside progression wise for nearly a year.

Almost all of the players from those teams didn't simply spread out amongst other teams, they stopped playing altogether. Some do still play sparingly, but none of them have the competetive drive they once had. I know my guildmate Teriyaki was in the #2 5s team season1 and only plays 2s seriously today because 3 of his former 5s teammates quit.

Smaqaho > thread.

Many of the old school top teams have quit, and many of the current top BG9 teams have transfered from other realms--many just trying to milk a little fun out of the game before Warhammer.

I actually do believe that most people who were really into PVP in other games before WoW mostly consider WoW's PVP a joke. It's essentially team dueling with nothing outside of personal gain as an incentive to continue. The battlegrounds are mildly interesting little mini-games the first few times, but their instanced nature is very limiting. There's no sense of scale at all.

PVP in an MMO that is basically a glorified ladder where the difference between winning and losing is the speed with which you attain new gear is actually pretty laughable when you look at something like Shadowbane where guilds created nations of player designed and built cities which were at war with other nations, and various cities were always under siege. Territory was a major factor, and even little guilds of tight knit friends belonged to larger alliances which got their hands dirty so everybody was involved in the massive land wars.

I once took my thief up to enemy territory and found a lone wizard out in the middle of nowhere. After watching him for awhile I realized he was starting up a new city, and he had a retarded amount of money on him to start building everything. I stole it (iirc it was over 1m gold) and ran like like hell. We used the money to fund our city and upgrade everybody in the guild's weapons and armor, and it provoked a massive multiple city siege where we defended our cities on and off for over a week. There were consequences for what you did.

If you gank some guy out in the middle of blade's edge, not only does it not really have any negative impact on him other than the corpse run, but it really has no point other than wasting the amount of time the corpse run takes him and it will have absolutely no consequences after the fact. Nobody is going to come defend him because everything is so transient that everybody knows that dude is long gone. Territory means nothing. And that's on a "PVP" server. The game has nothing to offer besides an endless parade of meaningless skirmishes.

play eve if you want all that from PVP, it sounds like you are far more concerned with a social environment than combat

Some of us just wanna smash faces, we enjoy it

Back