Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Online Poker
Reload this Page cheezit plays poker
Page 2 of 2
cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 05-22-2008, 12:35 AM
not really an update. but just wondering what other people think about about this guy on 2+2 trying to make $10k in a month at 25nl. he offered 5:2 odds and got ~40k in action.

***Official $10000 in a month at NL 25 Challenge Update Thread*** - Two Plus Two Poker Forum

the bet officially starts tomorrow. personally i think he's nuts, but i'm sure it can be done if he runs well. it kind of puts my 10k by the end of the year goal to shame, though I'm not gonna be 18 tabling 13 hours a day any time soon.

he's got a webcam up too

wcgrider - Stickam

I almost wanna datamine stars for the month while he attempts this. though he's doing full ring.

Sponsored Links
d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
22 - 05-22-2008, 12:51 AM
hes playing 24 tables right now..what a liar.

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 05-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ggy View Post
hes playing 24 tables right now..what a liar.
i couldn't see myself playing that many tables. I 8-table right now, i could maybe see going to 12.

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 06-05-2008, 01:25 PM
update

i'll start with the bad. immediately following my last update, where my br was around 1,450, i went on a $500 downswing(mostly taking shots at 50nl, then tilting some away at 25nl). at one point i was just under $900 in my bankroll and seriously considering just cashing out.

the good, i made it all back(mostly) over the course of the month playing 25nl and cashing in some tournies. my bankroll currently sits at $1,435, and i've got $422 of rakeback coming to me from May. i started 8 tabling 25nl and just generally put in a lot more hands, my winrate is up, but not quite where I want it to be (5ptbb/100).

unfortunately i feel like a bot playing 8 tables and I don't really think its helping my poker game. so recently i dropped back down to 4 tables and felt bored doing it at 25nl, so I'm taking shots at 50nl again. in about 4k hands i'm up ~$70, which isn't great but I feel pretty comfortable with the limit.

i also hit ironman last month on FTP, which isn't worth much but they're doing a midyear bonus for ironman and i'm eligible for at least $175 in bonus if I play a reasonably small amount in June, which i intend to.

stats (note that 2/3 of the hands played at 50nl were during that $500 tiltoff/downswing just after last update)

lukie
Veteran++
Old
25 - 06-07-2008, 03:05 AM
nice job cheezit. this is tough to play these stakes. If you ever want to talk about hand strat and get another idea on it, hit me up. I may not be a pro, but glad to provide another angle on things. gl man.

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 06-10-2008, 04:34 PM
ugh, i don't know what it is with 50nl. i can't seem to get my money in good and am always getting played back at with my marginal hands. i dropped another 4 buyins .

i dropped back down to 25nl to recoup the losses, made back about half of it. it just seems like EZ mode compared to 50nl.

maybe i'll skip 50nl and start taking shots at 100nl.

pathogen
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 06-11-2008, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit View Post
ugh, i don't know what it is with 50nl. i can't seem to get my money in good and am always getting played back at with my marginal hands. i dropped another 4 buyins .

i dropped back down to 25nl to recoup the losses, made back about half of it. it just seems like EZ mode compared to 50nl.

maybe i'll skip 50nl and start taking shots at 100nl.
you will lose your entire bankroll if you do this

stop playing scared and be patient

This doesn't take into account my FPP bonuses and tourney wins.

Last edited by pathogen; 06-11-2008 at 03:54 AM.
cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
28 - 06-12-2008, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathogen View Post
you will lose your entire bankroll if you do this

stop playing scared and be patient

i really don't feel like i'm playing scared. i don't really intend to skip 50nl, but I figured I'd start taking shots at it when i hit ~25 buyins for it, well right now i've got about 35 but every shot i've taken has ended with me dropping a few buyins. i don't feel like the game is different, but the little setbacks i get every time i take a shot are trying my patience.

also i finally figured out the best way to play 87s:

Full Tilt Poker Game #6792832320: Table Faldo (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 3:05:29 ET - 2008/06/12
Seat 1: Cacino70 ($8.40)
Seat 2: Merlin77771 ($10)
Seat 3: soccerfeva ($35.35)
Seat 4: BMeisterO ($28.90)
Seat 5: arppaboy ($24.05)
Seat 6: cyclenut ($36.85)
Cacino70 posts the small blind of $0.10
Merlin77771 posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BMeisterO [8h 7h]
soccerfeva folds
BMeisterO raises to $1
arppaboy calls $1
cyclenut folds
Cacino70 folds
Merlin77771 calls $0.75
*** FLOP *** [5h 6h 4h]
Merlin77771 has 15 seconds left to act
Merlin77771 bets $5
BMeisterO calls $5
arppaboy folds
*** TURN *** [5h 6h 4h] [8s]
Merlin77771 has 15 seconds left to act
Merlin77771 bets $4, and is all in
BMeisterO calls $4
Merlin77771 shows [Ks Js]
BMeisterO shows [8h 7h]
*** RIVER *** [5h 6h 4h 8s] [Ah]
Merlin77771 shows Ace King high
BMeisterO shows a straight flush, Eight high
BMeisterO wins the pot ($20.05) with a straight flush, Eight high
Merlin77771 is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $21.10 | Rake $1.05
Board: [5h 6h 4h 8s Ah]
Seat 1: Cacino70 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: Merlin77771 (big blind) showed [Ks Js] and lost with Ace King high
Seat 3: soccerfeva didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: BMeisterO showed [8h 7h] and won ($20.05) with a straight flush, Eight high
Seat 5: arppaboy folded on the Flop
Seat 6: cyclenut (button) didn't bet (folded)

pathogen
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 06-12-2008, 02:53 AM
I've always hated NL too many grinders, too many bad plays get rewarded and when I go on tilt from these bad plays, HOLY **** WATCH OUT.

Thus, I have moved away from my 100NL days at party and have been playing Tourney's and Limit poker. Both allow me to control my tilt alot more.

I'm not suggesting you move away from NL I'm just saying maybe it isn't the game for you. Have you tried Tourney's? Perhaps as you said patience is your trouble. Anything up to 100NL to 200NL is gonna be a horrid grind. At least in my experience I absolutely hated it. 50NL drove me nuts, so many donks and idiots it made me tilt so hard.

What are your stats at NL50 compared to NL25?

Today's results:

Last edited by pathogen; 06-12-2008 at 02:57 AM.
Adroit
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 06-12-2008, 02:54 AM
I flopped a straight flush live. Stacked the guy for ~$200 and hit the $500 T high straight flush jackpot at Imperial Palace.

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 06-12-2008, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathogen View Post
I've always hated NL too many grinders, too many bad plays get rewarded and when I go on tilt from these bad plays, HOLY **** WATCH OUT.

Thus, I have moved away from my 100NL days at party and have been playing Tourney's and Limit poker. Both allow me to control my tilt alot more.

I'm not suggesting you move away from NL I'm just saying maybe it isn't the game for you. Have you tried Tourney's? Perhaps as you said patience is your trouble. Anything up to 100NL to 200NL is gonna be a horrid grind. At least in my experience I absolutely hated it. 50NL drove me nuts, so many donks and idiots it made me tilt so hard.

What are your stats at NL50 compared to NL25?

Today's results:

you play limit and you thought NL was too much of a grind? geez, i was exactly the opposite.

this is my 4th bankroll. 1st bankroll $50 deposit, up and down playing mostly SNGs maxed at probably 250 or so then busto playing drunk one night.

2nd bankroll, bonus whoring playing limit as high as 1/2. probably got up to ~1200 or so before cashing out in various stages due to boredom with poker and needing the money.

3rd bankroll, i decided stud/8 was my game . i actually made a good bit but the lack of game availability made it impossible to play seriously. i won a $5 quadruple shootout on stars for ~$1400. ended up playing mostly tournies and SNGs but got bored again cashed out in stages and i think i eventually started playing 10nl with whatever bankroll I left myself with. eventually cashed it out.

This time I got a stake and ~6 months after starting I'm still really enjoying poker and for the first time I really feel like i'm getting better. Every other time I was just sort of lucked/bonus whored my way into a roll, got bored, and cashed out. This time I feel like i can legitimately beat the games I'm playing, could move up, and increase my roll substantially.

I like tournaments, I still play 4-5 a week, but if I'm not in the right frame of mind I am throwing my money away in them. When I am focusing and not just trying to build a big stack or bust, I can do pretty well in them. I'm not always in that frame of mind though when I play htem, and for that reason I don't take too many shots at any of the bigger tournaments.

you can check my OPR stats if you want. BMeisterO on FTP and B-dubbers on stars(though i havent played there in well over a year).

I'll keep playing tournaments because I enjoy them, and winning one is one of the best feelings I can think of. I don't know if I'll ever play limit again, it just bored me(good for clearing bonuses though, I imagine good for rakeback too). I dabble in plo8 and stud/8 still.

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 06-19-2008, 05:57 PM
i don't know...

50nl

anybody wanna coach a micro grinder?

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 08-08-2008, 03:28 AM
almost forgot about this.

since this forum is 98% dead I'll just do a cliff notes update.

- near end of June my BR was ~2100

- DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSWITCH

- hit a low point of ~1,050 in early/mid July after buying 6 months deucescracked membership for ~150

- at one point I was down $1,400 at 50nl, I was $750 below all in EV at that point.

- got a coach, paid for 5 lessons and only used 1 so far

- am almost back to even at 50nl

- good run + rakeback + some satellite cashes in 2nd half of july/early august, BR stands @ ~$3,000

- Took my first shot at 100nl today(i'm a br nit).

- Started a poker/life blog(mostly poker). If anybody is interested in following my progress I'll be updating it fairly regularly. BMeisterO

creative
VeteranX
Old
34 - 08-09-2008, 01:02 PM
lol poker

i havent played in a month

stoopid job

ParoxysM
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
35 - 08-28-2008, 04:28 PM