Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Online Poker
Reload this Page cheezit plays poker
Page 1 of 2
cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 02-01-2008, 01:28
got a pretty nice stake at the end of december and bought in on full tilt. ever time i get into poker i end up cashing out around the 1k BR mark for various reasons. i'm vowing not to cash out my bankroll or quit this time and i'm using this thread to update my progress and rant/brag. I'm hooked up with rakeback and their 100% match bonus(most of which is going towards paying off the stake) my longshot goal is to have a 10k br by the end of the year.

january 25nl results

also won a $10 10 table KO sng and made a few FTs in some small buyin tournies. subract some tourney buyins and I'm up around $600 so far, but i still have to pay off my stake.

Sponsored Links
creative
VeteranX
Old
2 - 02-01-2008, 12:00
work it harder

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 03-02-2008, 00:36
I had a very swingy february. made 2 FTs in two straight $3 MTTs with some dissappointing results. cleared a good portion of bonus money. played about 21,000 hands of 25 NL and took a few shots at 50nl(dropping 3 BIs in the process). not counting bonus i came out down a bit for February but rakeback will put me back into positive territory for the month.

i got really frustrated and wore myself out playing 20k hands in about 2 weeks that i forced myself to take a few days off. a few days turned into the final 2 weeks of the month after a few RL things came up that ate into my playing time and i had other things occupying my time and taking my mind off poker. I've been getting an itch to play again tho.

I'm considering a switch to 6 handed as that seems to be what most people on here play.

i'll post some stats and graphs tomorrow. i'm tired now and don't feel like doing it tonight.

OriGiNaL
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
4 - 03-07-2008, 16:13
I made the move from 25nl to 50nl and to be honest its almost the same damn thing. There is possibly a tiny bit more raising PF and floating on the flop, but I'm talking 5-10% more. My win rate over the first month of 50nl has been virtually the same as my last 50,000 hands at 25nl (actually a big higher, but I was running hot for a week).

Start reading 2+2 Micro forums if you are having trouble and you are serious about improving.

edit: I'm hoping to start playing 100nl in April, so we will see how it goes. Shouldn't be a huge problem unless I have a massive downswing.

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 03-08-2008, 18:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriGiNaL View Post
I made the move from 25nl to 50nl and to be honest its almost the same damn thing. There is possibly a tiny bit more raising PF and floating on the flop, but I'm talking 5-10% more. My win rate over the first month of 50nl has been virtually the same as my last 50,000 hands at 25nl (actually a big higher, but I was running hot for a week).

Start reading 2+2 Micro forums if you are having trouble and you are serious about improving.

edit: I'm hoping to start playing 100nl in April, so we will see how it goes. Shouldn't be a huge problem unless I have a massive downswing.
do you play 6 handed for full ring?

I just noticed that FTP added t$. this is fantastic, as satellites and selling t$ has been a decent bankroll builder for me on stars in the past.

OriGiNaL
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
6 - 03-10-2008, 12:38
I play 6max. The majority of information on 2+2 surrounds 6max play and I am also a member of Card Runners, which focuses a lot on 6max. Although CR is really starting to extend their FR section, I have no interest in FR at this time.

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 03-11-2008, 14:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriGiNaL View Post
I play 6max. The majority of information on 2+2 surrounds 6max play and I am also a member of Card Runners, which focuses a lot on 6max. Although CR is really starting to extend their FR section, I have no interest in FR at this time.
i've heard a lot of people suggest card runners. just not sure if i could justify $25/month + $100 signup fee for it, especially the way I play poker so sporadically(some weeks i'll play 10k hands, others i'll play 1k, some 0).

OriGiNaL
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
8 - 03-11-2008, 14:46
Don't bother with CR unless you have time to put into Poker. For me the $25 is half a buyin and I'm about to start taking shots at 100nl, so then its only 1/4 buyin.

The time it takes to study CR vids and learn from them plus actually play poker is time consuming. If you are essentially a weekend warrior I would just stick to 2+2.

If you are clearing 15,000+ hands a month, CR might start to be reasonable.

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 04-28-2008, 04:25
semi-update.

Life got in the way and killed my poker time over the last few months. internship + job + trying to keep some semblence of a social life meant my poker time was minimal since my last update.

In the little time i have played, i had 2 nasty downswings and a little upswing to finish off my bonus on FTP. I think I've finally settled on 6max after about 45k hands of full ring, though it wasn't a real smooth transition, i'm feeling more comfortable with it than I was at FR. I paid off my stake, which has left me with ~$900 for my bankroll.

Now after a few months playing poker as more of a hobby, i'm really starting to get that itch to play more. I've just finished my internship, I graduate in a week, and I have a job lined up that starts in August, leaving me 3 months off. and now that I'm finished paying off my stake I find myself wanting to play more.

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 05-09-2008, 13:15
update, with pictures!

I think i've worked out the kinks at 25nl. probably gonna move to 50nl shortly, where i've taken some ill timed shots and dropped a few BI. still sort of swingy, though I'm starting to get better at table selection and leaving tables when they get too nitty.

like i said, i made some pretty big changes to my game around the middle of last month. made adjustments to just about everything from bet sizing and hand selection to overall aggression. started putting a lot more emphasis on playing in position. started posting/lurking 2p2 a lot. to illustrate some of the changes:

PT stats before i started making changes.

PT stats since changes.

i tightened up(especially in early/mid position), got more aggressive post flop and generally less spewy all around.

also had a few nice tourney/sng cashes. OPR stats:

the few hits I've taken to my bankroll have largely come from ill-timed shots at 50nl as i said before(some when tilting, some before i knew wtf i was doing) and a few hundred hands of $50 plo8 i got encouraged to try by a friend who built his bankroll on the game.

bankroll currently sits at about $1,450, with $90 in rakeback from last month that should be due any day and ~$125 in rakeback earned for this month already.

any thoughts/advice/offers to sweat me for a few hundred hands welcome.

pathogen
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 05-11-2008, 17:48
been playing 3/6 limit built my bankroll up enough to move to 5/10 limit but will definately be staying at 3/6 too juicy to leave.

Also acquiring quite a bit of FPPs

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 05-12-2008, 02:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathogen View Post
been playing 3/6 limit built my bankroll up enough to move to 5/10 limit but will definately be staying at 3/6 too juicy to leave.

Also acquiring quite a bit of FPPs
I hear that pokerstars has the best "effective rakeback" if you can manage to reach supernova elite. you think you can hit supernova or sne at that limit?

Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
13 - 05-12-2008, 15:03
cheezit, have you already moved up to 50NL 6-max or are you still playing 25NL 6-max?

I had been 15 tabling 50NL Full ring for the last 3-4 months. Last 2 weeks, took a huge hit to my bankroll (16 BI below EV ) and so I decided it was time to do what I was supposed to do a long time ago and move to 6-max. I've been datamining the heck out of 25NL 6-max (40-43k hands a day) and have started to learn how to play short handed.

Way over bankrolled for 25NL since I've been grinding 50NL for a while, but I still have a lot of holes in my game that I'm working out.

ps. Just looked you up on PT, only have 5 hands on you

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 05-12-2008, 22:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
cheezit, have you already moved up to 50NL 6-max or are you still playing 25NL 6-max?

I had been 15 tabling 50NL Full ring for the last 3-4 months. Last 2 weeks, took a huge hit to my bankroll (16 BI below EV ) and so I decided it was time to do what I was supposed to do a long time ago and move to 6-max. I've been datamining the heck out of 25NL 6-max (40-43k hands a day) and have started to learn how to play short handed.

Way over bankrolled for 25NL since I've been grinding 50NL for a while, but I still have a lot of holes in my game that I'm working out.

ps. Just looked you up on PT, only have 5 hands on you
moved up a few days ago. things aren't going well.

i sent you a pm.

pathogen
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 05-13-2008, 05:56
I'm on track to make supernova by the end of the summer. I don't want to play enough to make supernova elite although the bonus incentives for elite are absolutely insane. I used to play with rakeback at UB but rakeback sucks. I like having to work off a bonus while aquiring additional points and then buying another bonus. I like to have some what of a life though and will definately be sticking just supernova if all goes well. Plus lately I've been really up and down.

Today for 2 hours and 800 hands I had a swing of down 6 buyins and went up by 8 buyins. I'm either stone ****ing cold or on FIRE and there is no in between. 3/6 is where I will stay for now its just too easy to make a few hundred bucks in 20 minutes.

The feeling is quite strange too. Once I go up I'm like wtf that was fast now what? I want more points not more money lol.

Anyway check your accounts if you withdrew from pokerstars by e-checks. Due to the delay in payment processing they are giving a 20% don't be mad at how ridiculously long your cashout is taking bonus. +$500 for free

Last edited by pathogen; 05-13-2008 at 06:06..
Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
16 - 05-13-2008, 10:56
Hrm, bunch of friends are saying that they are having massive delays on e-checks out of full tilt. They are pretty pissed about it even though they are getting ~500 in compensation because they are "life busto".

cheezit
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 05-13-2008, 11:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Hrm, bunch of friends are saying that they are having massive delays on e-checks out of full tilt. They are pretty pissed about it even though they are getting ~500 in compensation because they are "life busto".

yeah FTP cashouts have been problematic since epassporte went down.

creative
VeteranX
Old
18 - 05-14-2008, 13:57
pathogen,

you play 3/6 on stars? whats your sn? lets play some hu or something sometime

pathogen
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 05-14-2008, 18:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
pathogen,

you play 3/6 on stars? whats your sn? lets play some hu or something sometime
3/6 limit. I thought you played 3/6 NL

Ekos
VeteranX
Old
20 - 05-15-2008, 19:07
cheezit -- im always on AIM (ekos loves you); pm me some time and ill work with u on getting ur winrate up.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Online Poker
Reload this Page cheezit plays poker

Social Website Bullshit