New build of Gladiators

Downloaded the first one and thought it was pretty cool, will give this a try. So what is the ultimate goal with this Gladiators game? Do you want to eventually turn it into a community based multiplayer game?

still unable to start playing - I can boot it up and host a server, but when it finishes loading objects it still doesn't transition into the actual game. :shrug: even after running deleteprefs

Fish, unzip the common.zip with paths enabled into the Gladiators\common directory. Then delete the zip. Try that. Zipped up for some reason Vista is taking a long time unzipping the stuff into memory.

I somehow created a circumstance where if you looked down (on top of the main building) the weapon disappeared. Look up and it reappeared.

I tried to record a demo. Do those work? How do you view them?

I somehow created a circumstance where if you looked down (on top of the main building) the weapon disappeared. Look up and it reappeared.

I tried to record a demo. Do those work? How do you view them?

Oh I forgot to mention, you can crouch and go prone in this in light armor. Default key is t which toggles through postures. Now since the player model was not rigged for these positions, so you get that bug.

The only demo feature at this point is the journaling system. You have to create a shortcut to the exe with the argument -jSave filename

To load the journal you have to do the same thing except it's -jPlay filename

Like loading a mod in Tribes 2. Back to the script mines I go.

Hey not bad at all...with some more work it would easily pass legends & become something very interesting!

Dude you were born to code tribes :kiss:

I like the way the resupply works, but have a suggestion. I can see a need for two separate functions here.

1) Resupply - a generic dump of 'stuff' that was order to your general area.

2) Refit - a general replacement of what you have with what you ordered.

A refit could be visualized by a 'beam' of short duration from the resupply ship indicating the replacement of what you have with what you ordered. This could also be done at an angle - meaning without the resupply ship needing to be overhead. This could mean that refits could be accomplished (to single players at a time) from a wider area while resupply would require a reposition of the ship. I suppose a team that spent more time ordering resupply would cause more ship movement and get fewer drops while a team that relied more on refit could refit more players in the same time.

You might restrict certain things to resupply only.

Also, if you dont do refit, you need a drop everything key. It took me forever to understand that I had to manually drop a pack to get and use the new pack. By the way, using some packs just drops them.

I am still losing the weapon render at certain angles.

Looking good.

As a note, you may want to include a targeter so resupply can be ordered to a location other than where you are. You could be in stealth mode and resupply would be a dead giveaway.

(unedited)

Last edited:
:(

Doesn't seem to have fixed the problem, it is still getting stuck on the "Loading Objects" screen. I'll futz with it some more...
I've gotten it to run on 2 computers so far, a laptop with integrated video, and my monster. It's also hung on both machines in the same "Loading Objects" screen. I don't see anything different in the console when it does run, and can't seem to find a way to cause it to hang.

Back