Sierra shutting down legacy multiplayer incl. Starsiege:Tribes

This is the age-old argument. The point some people are trying to make is that if you make Tribes with better graphics, it will satisfy the old crowd as well as the new crowd of teens and college kids who want a high-impact, fast-paced game.

*edit* My thoughts on game development is that if you want to make a fun game, you make a game that YOU want to play. Not what everyone else wants. Obviously this doesn't always make a blockbuster hit, but it sure creates more fun games out there.
Yes, this argument has been raging for years. I used to think that the "T1 with updated graphics" would have saved the community, but I think its far too beyond repair at the moment. I'm not saying it wouldn't be popular, but I just don't think everyone from the old school community would come back and play.

But you know, I could be very wrong. :shrug:

:(

I don't see GarageGames doing anything other than hosting a master. And if that's the case, GG rocks. Hopefully they can aquire the rights to the host names.

I wouldn't get overly excited folks. I think he's just talking about keeping the master server alive.

Yup. Probably try pulling some strings at Vivendi if they even still have any contacts over there or putting up their own master. But if they are talking new game, I'm down with either situation and am willing to contribute to a new project if they allowed.

I'm interested in the master server being saved, plz, for great justice. No game will ever be able to replace t1 though :(

ricko hasn't posted again

it appears he did not heed my warning and the wall dwelling potato monster has eaten him

:(

Yup. Probably try pulling some strings at Vivendi if they even still have any contacts over there or putting up their own master. But if they are talking new game, I'm down with either situation and am willing to contribute to a new project if they allowed.

:cheers:

Back