I'm calling it now

orbital 123

Veteran XX
10 years until we have bionic limbs better than human limbs, and people start replacing their natural limbs with robotic ones.

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Edinburgh and East | Milestone for unique bionic hand

1184600913Sabolich.Block.ByThePool_Small.jpg

1184597415TB_0658_Small.jpg

1184596603TB_0679_Small.jpg

1184605025Hanger.Arredondo.FullDress1.006_Small.jpg

define "better."

They are already stronger.

Better meaning they are integrated into and as easy to use and have the exact range and motion (or better) of our natural arms. This includes being able to feel things as good or better. I'm talking about star wars robotic arms.

Better meaning they are integrated into and as easy to use and have the exact range and motion (or better) of our natural arms. This includes being able to feel things as good or better. I'm talking about star wars robotic arms.

Untill the batteries die.

wow what a truly bold prediction

in 10 years a technology will come out that will do things better than a human can do

surely this has never happened before :rolleyes:

Holy shit deja vu. Bionic limbs exist and scientists are able to fully integrate a robotic arm to a human being. Not some gay hunk a metal either, i mean a FULLY working terminator robotic arm that works just like a real arm would (completely flexible + thought process).

The reason you don't see it is because it is:
-expensive
-"Morally incorrect"

With how many of orbital's predictions have come true in the past, I don't see how we can't just accept this as fact and move on.

Back