Hunter Qs

Reggs

Veteran XX
I have been out of the game for so long and just got back in, so I have some questions.

Im a lev 33, got this lev 24 Boar:
Petopia: Bellygrub (24, Redridge Mountains)

I know there are higher lev boars, but they are in an instance and not as aesthetically pleasing. Leveling this one up to be useful is going well so far. I mostly do PvE and just need a good defensive pet to hold aggro.

1.) My question is where do I learn new skills for him? Namely:

Charge 4:
World of Warcraft Beasts to Tame for Hunter Pet Ability, Charge

Gore 5:
World of Warcraft Beasts to Tame for Hunter Pet Ability, Gore

2.) Also, where is a First Aid trainer that can get my skill above 150? I have checked SW, IF, and that big elvish city.

3.) Does the Burning Crusade add any good content for lev 30ish players? As in new areas or instances? Im Alliance btw.

4.) Someone posted a few hunter mods before. A threat meter for you and your pet, and also some sort of range meter. Do these work with the current ver of the game?

2.) Also, where is a First Aid trainer that can get my skill above 150? I have checked SW, IF, and that big elvish city.

You have to goto Arathi Highlands. To a place called Stormguarde keep. Or something like that. It's the only castle type area in the place. If you're coming out of refuge point you take a right and it's on you're left down the road. Once you go in you make a right to the alliance friendly part of the keep and make another right over a bridge theres a vendor in that small area in the corner.

If my longwinded explanation doesn't help. Theres always wowhead.com :)

Did some searchin on Wowhead.com

Check this link Deneb Walker - NPCs - World of Warcraft

Last edited:
Last I remember there was no Charge rank 4, it goes straight to rank 5 (found on Ashemane Boars (lvl 48 min.) and ends with rank 6 (lvl 60).

Gore rank 4 only comes off Bellygrub, assuming my data is updated. And ends in rank 9, learnable off boars in Blade's Edge Mountains.

You can pay me in hairgel.

Bangaldesh would be a good choice, before the pet nerf. Now each species have a set value for each stat regardless of what is tamed. Bosses as pets no only convey any kind of bonus say looks.

The best pet by a huge margin is the scorpid thing with that stupid ass poison. Retarded DPS.

I dunno, you ever try to fight a BM-spec with a ravager? That thing will pretty much shred leather (rogue) and I don't even want to see what it could do to a clothie with Bestial Wrath on.

Cerqua - WWS

What, you mean scorpid poison isn't supposed to do 300 DPS?

(Shit is dumb as hell, but you may as well abuse it until it gets fixed.)

Pessi why is the scorpid doing that much damage, is it a +nature damage bug?

And I have a 32 Hunter, and my research has shown that you basically constantly need to change pets in order to maximize dps. Every skill is scaled at different levels based on available mobs so you are best to look thru goodintentions and petopia and figure out what pet has the best ability to dump focus at each level(you are BM right?). Right now my Windserpent does a pretty good job as his lightning has no cooldown unlike Bite's 10 seconds. Gore is "ok" but it are only really beneficial in the 20s and won't hit maximum dps again until level 48. So then seeing that you can pick up the next rank Bite at 32 from Plains Creepers, and Claw from the Scorpions in Desolace, you'd be best off with a cat with cobra reflexes. I personally have a carrion because I like Screech for holding extra mobs, but I do lose a bit of DPS in doing so. I also personally keep prowl off auto-use and toggle it manually as the pet is too stupid to take it off when you move and gets left behind constantly. A Ravager is a fantastic pet but really is going to just be 'ok' until 48 and the next rank Gore. Plus getting one now means constantly leveling with a piece of shit level 17 pet who dies and can't hold aggro.

That's what I've figured out since yesterday. Mind you now I am like a goddamn Pokemon trainer running around collecting skills (got dash, prowl, new bite etc), but it's actually made the game quite fun. Skorpids will be nice as well, but again not until level 43.

Pessi why is the scorpid doing that much damage, is it a +nature damage bug?
It's basically the same "bug" that Windserpents had. Pets get AP/+dmg based on the Hunter's RAP, and the scaling factor for Windserpents (before it got nerfed) and Scorpid Poison is just too large. There's also the issue of how DoTs work in relation to self-buffs at the time they are cast. If you cast something like Corruption, and then pop a +dmg trinket, nothing happens to the DoT. If you pop the trinket, and then cast Corruption as the buff is about to expire, your entire corruption deals damage as if the trinket was still on.

Now, expand this idea, and apply it to Scorpid poison. You use Rank 4 instead of Rank 5, since rank 4 lasts 10 seconds, and gives the pet two chances to re-apply the DoT (4 second cooldown) instead of just one chance with Rank 5 (8 second duration). Get as many buffs as you can, pop any AP trinkets you have, pop Bestial Wrath if you're BM, then send the pet. The first tick will be applied with the damage of all those buffs, and then as long as the pet can keep the stack alive, it will deal damage the *entire* fight as if you still had those buffs on. Cerqua only had casters in her group last night, so that damage wasn't even optimal. We messed around with it in the Nagrand arena the other day, and with a custom-made group, had it ticking up to 700 every 2 seconds. That's 350 DPS from just the pet's poison, plus ~100 DPS from his melee, for a 450 DPS pet. Add that to the damage the actual Hunter does, and it gets really ridiculous really quickly.

Another Q:

I just tamed a Cat that knows Dash. My Boar is now lev 30 and has the capacity to learn Dash, but Dash never shows up in the training menu.

How do I get my Boar to learn Dash?

You have to learn it yourself from watching your pet do it. Usually it only takes one or two tries if you're next to your pet as it does it to pick it up.

Ok, finally. I just kept on manually clicking my cats dash button in IF to learn it. Im so glad I decided to take some time to train this Boar up to my lev. He holds aggro like no other, and the dash really comes in handy with the "Kill 20 X" type quests because I just use mend pet before I send him to battle, kill something, then quickly move to the next, so its been continuous fighting.

Do most PvEers prefer Boar?

Back