Why I'm not playing T2

sillypuddy if I wanted to play some slow strategy game I fucking would, that's literally what T2 is.

I have to agree it is slower, but only cause the bases are so freaking far apart. But I think that would be pretty easy to fix. Where are the mappers making the maps that would play faster?

Killarmy> Nice one. Tribes 2 more of a RTS or FPS?

Kelven> No I haven't (slanted view)... but I don't feel like playing a game that I have to FORCE myself to try to enjoy.

I still believe that what made T1 a great success, was the great competition. If you had just played pubs all the time T1 would have had a life span of about 6 months for most gamers.

The competition on T2 can be just as intense and fun, as it was in T1. Sure it's not as fast, but the strats are more carefully thought out, and when everything comes together and your clicking as a team, it's a great feeling.

Profile For Natural

Date Registered: 05-24-2000
Total Posts: 59 (0.16 posts per day)
Last Post: 05-21-2001 01:30 AM
Why I'm not playing T2

stuf newbie.

:D

I play T2 and I like it; but it doesn't hold a candle to T1 in terms of fun.

Yeah, its been a while, been lurking around.

I don't think it should be painful either, but I figure if i gave it a shot for a few days it might "grow" on me, which it has to a certain extent, but that being said, it just makes it another game that will last a few months on my HD. Easy come, easy go.

I actually thought Natural would get more respect here. But yeah, I agree with Natural on most points. I haven't really been able to play t2 all that much because of computer problems, but from what I have seen, nothing inspires me. Watching demos of Natural, Bluenose, Adrenaline, sLaM, etc... made me want to come home everyday to work on my game so I could become better. No one stands out in T2. Look at console sports games for instance, if we all played for teamwork, then in games like Madden football we'd play linemen all game and just sit there and block while watching the AI make sweet plays while we protect the QB. But we play for those rare moments of heroics. Personally, I can't stand being a tailgunner and just throwing out flares all game. And how would tribes even recruit for positions like that? oh hey, he really knows how to throw that flare. Anyway, just my $.02, flame on, I enjoy T2, but yet I find myself playing T1 a lot more.

For what it's worth (pretty much nothing), I share mosta Nat's feelings. I would go into depth on it, but it's utterly pointless as it accomplishes nothing.

For those who say "just go play t1 if you don't like it", that is what I have done.

Nice to see you back from killing spiders and what not, Nat.

i wanna see smaller maps, and t1 style skiing to get some speed back into the game. ive started playing CS damnit...

Natural said:
Kelven> No I haven't (slanted view)... but I don't feel like playing a game that I have to FORCE myself to try to enjoy.

I can respect that just frustrating loosing players that helped shape t1

btw scrims and matches to me are just as fun as it was in t1

=/

Last edited:
I miss the T1 dev team. :(

T2 - seems a bit too cartoonish, and also the sheer crazy action isn't there anymore like t1.

Maps are too large! People have to use bloody vehicles to get anywhere. I understand the game is still in its infancy, but they should've taken account that a lot of T1 vets would've played it, and not made it so we would be absolute complete newbies all over again.

A Cool feature would be if they brought back all t1 maps for t2, and if somebody redid them. That would rock :)

...And now the $10,000 question. If Sierra announced Tribes 3 next month... how many of you would knock your grandmother down as you ran out the door to get it?

We all know the T1 elements that Nat speaks of. I think T2 <B>could</b> have been more accepted by the community if they hadn't left so much of T1 behind.

I think our friends at Coca Cola summed it up with their attempt at the new coke. We would like Tribes 2 <i>Classic</i>.

That's my $.02 worth.

I'm playing T2 and enjoying it to some extent, but a lot of what Natural said really hits home with me. The saddest part is that the true Tribes dev team will be forgotten. Dave G, the one man visionary, he really really bothers me. I'm really troubled by the fact that he took into regard no one else's opinions but his own. If Sierra was going to give someone that kind of control on T2, it should at least have been someone from the Tribes dev team or someone that at least truly grasped and appreciated what Tribes was. Tribes 2 is a different game, and I accept that and am willing to live with it. However not a minute of play time goes buy where I don't consider how much more fun I could be having if someone like Tim Gift or Scott Youngblood had been in charge of production.

And I too am shocked that Natural's being flamed so much. It's good to see he's been demoted from godhood, but I suggest to you new guys and those flaming him that you at least remember that at one time Nat ruled Tribes, and he deserves to have his say without being mindlessly flamed.

Natural said:
Of course I have a slanted view... and I've played about 8 hours of T2 post-release. The problem is that I know a lot of people with the same slanted view. <shrug>

8 hours is not enough time to experience the new game that is T2.

I've logged 80 times 8 hours (hyperbole) and I feel T2 is much more honest, complex, and ambitious game than T1. It is most certainly a different game, and if you were to say that you are not playing because it is a different game then I would appreciate that point of view. But you seem to be in attack mode based upon hearsay.

Let the game impose itself upon you instead of the other way around. Then decide. But, I can't believe that 8 hours of play has so turned you off. Probably the 80 times 8 hours of nay saying, more like.

Back