Why I'm not playing T2

'Freakafoniks' said:
Watch out, 4M and BF faggots have posted. Blitz is inventing a new level of lameness everytime he posts, newbie bitch. :invert: ^^

watch me use the really gay invert smiley and think im cool :invert:^^

just replied to let you know i don't give a shit. hell, i didn't even read your post.

In my opinion, the game is still an unfinished product. I will continue to wait patiently as the game's performance improves with every patch.

I have hardly played more than a couple matches,(I'm assuming the same goes for most of us) and we haven't yet really seen what kind of strategies the game has to offer. How long after Tribes' release did skiing and mine-discing become mainstream? It's still too early for me to judge if the game is good or not.

I don't think I could ever go back to T1 though. I'm dead sick of the same tired maps(Iceridge stalemate anyone?). Also after playing T2, seeing cappers fly from flag to flag in 8 seconds seems totally lame and like ultra renegades or something. I think I really like the direction T2 is headed, nothing feels better than hooking your buddy up with a Gravcycle when he's got the flag and is about to die. I donno, even though there a thousand things with the game that piss me off and need to be fixed, I'm still going to give it a chance.

p.s. My addition to your list: Why the hell can't I aim straight up or down? Is there some reason I wouldn't be able to point my gun in between my legs or what?

Only thing I will really say is that it does take a little longer than 8 hours to fully understand this game and its dynamics. Someone saying that the turrets are too strong, obviously has not played the game enough to realize that there are plenty of counters in the game to the turrets, a lot of them require more teamwork than most teams have right now. Eight hours tho nat? I know you play eq, and 8 hours in eq is nothing, that is like how long it takes just to prepare to kill some uber mob.. not to mention the tons and tons of hours it takes just camping the mob.... anyhow. Most people that do not like the game I think are looking at it the same way as Nat.... not giving it enough of a chance. At first I too did not appreciate the game, and I thought omg this is going to be one shitty game. Give the game a fair chance... play in a scrim... dont just look at the game and play in a pub and then determine that the game sucks for you. Flame on.

Whether or not it is unfinished, it doesn't matter. It will be eventually. Personally i think they failed with T1 because it wasn't TEAM BASED!!! It was in fact a cowboy game. They changed that in T2. THANK GOD. Tribes 2 in my opinion is right up there with Counter-Strike. It requires teamwork and dedication to play well. You little girls complaining about why you cant cap a flag by yourself are weak. There is no I(individual) in TEAM! Much like in Counter-Strike. The team that works together wins together. Use ur noggins.

Its slow now yes. Give it some more time. Hah yes they were retarded to bring it out to early, but oh well, nothing we can do about it now. Just be patient and dont flame on things the company is working on right now fixing.

Let me preface this post by saying that I played on a great team in T1. I never considered myself a star player or a hero. In fact, I considered myself an average player in T1.

So from an average player that gave T2 3 weeks of play time, I think T2 mislead a lot of the vets in terms of gameplay. Here are some the things I have noticed when contrasting T1 versus its sequel, T2.

- The game is slow and feels "slushy". I mean, I can get a faster paced game from an RTS.

- The game is buggy. I haven't played in weeks, so tell me is the demo record feature working yet? When can I view this exciting scrims/matches that you T2 peeps keep talking about? Memory leaks fixed? What about flag skip? Heavy on flag bug?

- T2 has serious gameplay balance issues to deal with. Questionable physics. Also are bases still being guarded with 6 snipers? What about the amazing new uses of medium armor? Wait.. last time I checked mediums were still turret bitches. And those turrets... never mind, I can go on forever on this point.

- The MAPS! Who the hell was the map designer! Dude, did you play T1.

Being a novice coder, I think Dynamix broke the #1 rule of game development. K.I.S.S. Look at all the "sophisticated" games that came out, Battercruiser 3000ad comes to mind. They come out with a lot of fan fare but ultimately ends up being buggy and having gameplay issues.

Sorry for being so harsh and sarcastic, but I was really disappointed with Tribes 2.

BTW, its good to see some the OG T1 vets posting again!

PA

P.S.
If you can prove to me that I can get same exhilaration from Tribes 2 that I got from Tribes 1 then I would consider playing again.

Last edited:
THE THREAD LIVES!

I started picking and choosing whose replies to read about page 11. Reason being, its funny watching the n00bs and skill less pricks attack a person, or a false idea, over the actual points posted, but gets old and repetetive after a while. Best is the standard 2-3 pocket answers, such as "you have only played for 8 hours", or "you are a cowboy capper!"

This list, as i believe Nat noted, was compiled over a few hours of conversing at e3 with myself, a few other IE, a couple 5150, a POE or 2, and others who have played more hours of t2 than you have wet dreams about. Some like t2 and play it regularly, others hate it and have only experienced a limited amount of time. ALL involved were tribes 1 vets who have a leg up on you n00bs. While you are learning wtf a jetpack is, they are testing out new strats to kill a turret, strengths and weaknesses of vehicles, etc. T2 is not a totally "new" game. Its a revamp of t1 with better graphics and a more constrictive gameplay system.

As for cowboy camping and "no teamwork", i would refer to lolnow's post. He did a good job of outlining why some of you dumbasses didn't see the massive amount of teamwork required in t1. Only thing i would add is that you guys gotta get your definition of teamwork straight. What is teamwork to you? To me it's a bunch of people doing mostly SEPERATE tasks to accomplish one goal (and in a game i hope to god they are entertaining tasks, see my last post in this thread), not a bunch of idiots with chainguns all clustering a tank, or 2 skill less pricks with taunt scripts clearing remote turrets with 300m disc spam or whatnot.

I play for teamfun.. not teamWORK (thx whoever made this a few pages back.. can't find post)

Locke355 of Ecstasy Adult Entertainment Club

Its called being 0wned by "the man." Or better yet, the marketing industry. People want to make money. I payed $40 for mine. I thought it was a complete game as well. No need to cry over spilt milk. Its not done yet but it will be in the future. Calm down and just play another game er somthin' till its finished. I still play T2 for a little while, but i totally wont play it all the time until its complete. You may have not got your $50 out of it yet, but in the future i'm sure you will.

Well:

DipStick said:
Yo...I am going to say one last thing. I understand that lotsa people like T2. I mean...it can be fun at times...but to the extent of its predecessor...it pales in comparison. Im not saying that people in this thread that like the game...genuinely...have something wrong with their heads.

Seems a little different from:

DipStick said:
And you sir are a prime example of a fucking idiot.

Jeez make up your mind.

Are you flaming T2 and people who play it? Or are you mad cuz Natural is leaving?

The latter i can understand, but dont sit here and bitch about T2 cuz its not T1. Its a different game. I dont think you understand that.

DipStick said:
Yo...I am going to say one last thing. I understand that lotsa people like T2. I mean...it can be fun at times...but to the extent of its predecessor...it pales in comparison. Im not saying that people in this thread that like the game...genuinely...have something wrong with their heads. Not at all. All Im saying is this:

When someone like Nat steps up and says...This is why IM not gonna play T2, then I think the man atleast deserves to be heard without being belittled for it. I mean this isnt Joe Crapper saying...Hey T2 isnt for me. This is a well respected person. After all he did for T1, it IS a shame he wont be playing T2 to help make the same innovations.

(snip)

Maybe he shoulda come forward 5 weeks ago? Instead he post the same old crap that every ones tired of hearing and just because NAT says it doesn't make it any more relavent then when joe shlub said it 50 times yesterday (plus he says he only played for 8 hours and gave up because others <i>told</i> him the game was bad). Nat will be the tribes version of Thresh a big noise for a while then relegated to the heap of triva because he wasn't able to make the jump to the next iteration of games.

nullper said:
Nat will be the tribes version of Thresh a big noise for a while then relegated to the heap of triva because he wasn't able to make the jump to the next iteration of games.

Woah thats harsh :). But i couldnt agree more. He'll just have to be a "hero" in EQ.

the-saint00 said:
Personally i think they failed with T1 because it wasn't TEAM BASED!!!
By T1, do you mean Tribes 1? Surely you must be referring to a different game. Oh, I know, Tetris 1, the version on the old Nintendo. Yes, you've got a point there. I was worried for a minute that you didn't think Tribes 1 was team based. I was about to call you a fucking idiot and ask you if you ever played on a team in Tribes 1. Good thing I saw that you were referring to Tetris, else I'd have been a real asshole.

Back