Reload this Page ***9830;
Page 9 of 66
blazindave
Veteran
Old
161 - 05-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspin View Post
I'm actually a faster sprinter than ever before and I think I would attribute that to squats. I really ****ing drill people in rugby. I currently run about 15-20miles per week at around an 8.5min mile when doing 3 miles and I'm okay with that. I've weighed around 198lbs at my heaviest and will probably get back to that weight after the summer.
That is awesome. Good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renon View Post
so dave you can bench 345? or did I misread what you typed?
I shall post a video eventually.

Sponsored Links
cancer
VeteranXV
Old
162 - 05-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Quote:
I'm actually a faster sprinter than ever before and I think I would attribute that to squats. I really ****ing drill people in rugby. I currently run about 15-20miles per week at around an 8.5min mile when doing 3 miles and I'm okay with that. I've weighed around 198lbs at my heaviest and will probably get back to that weight after the summer.
ah cool.

WorstAim
VeteranX
Old
163 - 05-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Quote:
BEFORE:

5'9, 160lbs, bench start: 115

This week:

Past summer:
Wow, what's your workout routine like? I'm probably the same build as you were before you started working out (6'1 - 165 though).

Inspin
VeteranX
Old
164 - 05-09-2007, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstAim View Post
Wow, what's your workout routine like? I'm probably the same build as you were before you started working out (6'1 - 165 though).
I try to keep it something like this:

Mon: Chest / Tri
Tues: delts, traps, ab
Wed: Biceps / Legs
Thurs: rest / ab's @ home
Fri: Back
Sat: Chest alone
Sun: Rest

I run 3 miles total ,to and from, on gym days. I've really had some good gains during the last 3-4 months when I've really started mixing up my excercises. Adding in resistance bands and strip sets were a big help. Fine tuning my diet is my next goal.

Have you started your training yet?

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazindave View Post
That is awesome. Good job
Thanks dave =)

WorstAim
VeteranX
Old
165 - 05-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Quote:
I try to keep it something like this:

Mon: Chest / Tri
Tues: delts, traps, ab
Wed: Biceps / Legs
Thurs: rest / ab's @ home
Fri: Back
Sat: Chest alone
Sun: Rest

I run 3 miles total ,to and from, on gym days. I've really had some good gains during the last 3-4 months when I've really started mixing up my excercises. Adding in resistance bands and strip sets were a big help. Fine tuning my diet is my next goal.

Have you started your training yet?
Kind of. I've been going to the gym on and off for about 2 years now, but I just can't keep the dedication. However these past few weeks I've been going 3 times a week. I've also been doing a lot of research into the best ways to bulk up, and I'm going to start going every day.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of exercises are you doing for each muscle group?

Like on monday, are you just doing bench press for chest?

AkumA
Banned
Old
166 - 05-09-2007, 12:34 PM
I sit on my ass 24-7 and im naturally built.

Snapple
VeteranXV
Old
167 - 05-10-2007, 07:34 PM
i just took this picture bout 30 seconds ago, it came out fuzzy, i was tryin to flex and hold the camera still......... not easy :|

you can see my bottom abs trying to come in, i been on a diet for a lil while now droped about 10 pounds i think, shoulders,arms,chest got more ripped but my stomach is holding on still.. i have to up my cardio quite a bit.

Snapple
VeteranXV
Old
168 - 05-10-2007, 07:38 PM
heres another, i wasnt really flexing hard in this one that way i could hold the camera still

this is the area bothering the **** outa me, cause iam dropping weight but this area isnt changing much :[

Inspin
VeteranX
Old
169 - 05-11-2007, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstAim View Post
Kind of. I've been going to the gym on and off for about 2 years now, but I just can't keep the dedication. However these past few weeks I've been going 3 times a week. I've also been doing a lot of research into the best ways to bulk up, and I'm going to start going every day.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of exercises are you doing for each muscle group?

Like on monday, are you just doing bench press for chest?
Well my first point of advice is lock in your diet for what you want to do. That's easily 70% of the game. I went 6 months with no gains and it was fairly depressing. Once I took the time to count some calories and do some research the gains came fast.

Also going everyday might very well be overkill for someone just getting started. I'd shoot for 3-4 days a week, this so at the very least you don't burn yourself out and give your muscles time to recover.

There are a lot of different ways to split your workout Here's something I use sometimes:
Day 1: Chest and Triceps
Flat bench,incline dumbbells, push up's | rope pull down, skull crushers(wide grip/narrow grip),
Day 2: Back / ab's seated cable rows (i like using a wide bar), chin up, some machine that does a seated inclined isolation row
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Bicep's/traps/shoulders/ ab's preacher curl, 21's (http://abcbodybuilding.com/excercise/21'scurls.htm),alternatin g dumbbell curls, traps: shoulder shrugs (my trap's get ridiculous so I train them easy) shoulders: front/lat raises, dumbbell presses
Day 5: Chest/Legs, I train chest again because I gain rough there. Just straight up blast it with the benches and pushup's/ random leg excercises
Day 6: Rest

I mix in a bit of cardio as I need to keep up for rugby. But if you're going for mass gain to start I'd take it easy on that front.

Whew, lot of typing.

cliffs:
Get your diet to match your goals in order!
Hit the gym and allow time for recovery
Train ****ing hard

Hope that helped

edit: abcbodybuilding.com for excercise examples

WorstAim
VeteranX
Old
170 - 05-11-2007, 04:35 AM
thank you very much for that info . It'll definitely be useful.

BeLiaL
VeteranXV
Old
171 - 05-11-2007, 07:00 AM
Damn Snapple...

You're huge, but something doesn't look right. I mean, I think the proportions look off, and I can't put my finger on what it is. I want to say your shoulders look too small for your biceps or something, but I dunno. I also don't know how much you care about that sort of thing, heh

Snapple
VeteranXV
Old
172 - 05-11-2007, 01:50 PM
duno i dont walk around flexed tho, when iam not flexed i look pretty normal

Obskure
VeteranX
Old
173 - 05-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Nothing about how you look is "normal" Snapple. Not an insult, just an observation.

blazindave
Veteran
Old
174 - 05-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLiaL View Post
Damn Snapple...

You're huge, but something doesn't look right. I mean, I think the proportions look off, and I can't put my finger on what it is. I want to say your shoulders look too small for your biceps or something, but I dunno. I also don't know how much you care about that sort of thing, heh
His biceps and chest are huge compared to everything else. That's what it seems to be anyway.
Snaps can you take a picture of yourself "normal" (not flexing or anything) with a shirt on?

Lynx [TKB]
VeteranX
Old
175 - 05-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Lookin good Snapple. Just keep with it and those love handles will melt off.

Do you have any pics of your lats? Also, out of curiosity, do you work your obliques with resistance training?

Snapple
VeteranXV
Old
176 - 05-11-2007, 06:11 PM
yeah i'll take some normal pics

btw iam flexing my tris outward thats why my shoulders look smaller i believe

CapnPyro
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
177 - 05-12-2007, 05:10 AM
hey snapz do you lift just cause you're obsessed and find it fun or do you compete or something? getting that yoked takes many years and an enormous amount of dedication I wouldn't think someone would keep it up 'just cause'.

also, i can't stop staring at your man cleavage. im totally gay.

WorstAim
VeteranX
Old
178 - 05-12-2007, 06:59 AM
too bad sarca isn't here, him and snapples' gay humor was hilarious. Remember that page he made for you?

iNVAR
Computer Monkey
Old
179 - 05-13-2007, 10:38 PM
my before pictures:

i am currently working on my abs, and trying to bulk up my chest a bit. also got a set of dumbells and started doing curls to increase size of biceps. weather is warming up so i will start running soon to lose the small amount of cushioning i have around my waist that's concealing my abs.

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
180 - 05-13-2007, 10:48 PM
You look pretty slim as it is, just not cut.

I'd say start with compound movements like bent over rows for your back and biceps. Bench press for chest, incline and flat.

Then after the compound sets are done, work on the isolation movements, like curls, chest flies, etc.

Page 9 of 66

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page ***9830;

Social Website Bullshit