Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page So, What did I miss?
Page 2 of 4
Le Sean
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 03-04-2007, 00:12
But...but you wont win!

And Goons actually enjoy this game; the pack mentality only affects the way we play. We have just as much interest as Bob and have just as much a right to play. Hell, look at what we are trying to establish with the free trade zones-they are open to ANYBODY who requests admittance-not just our allies at the time. Remedial is trying to get pubbies who have never even been to 0.0 out here and seeing the other side of this game they only read about on the boards.

The only goon bs I remember from last year is that whole smokse thing, but we have quite a few logs (eve, other message boards, emails) that prove that attack was neither truely reactionary nor genuine.

Sponsored Links
Evil Light Bulb
VeteranX
Old
22 - 03-04-2007, 00:56
Quote:
I'm gonna tell you, what they dont want you to know...
But you deserve to know...

This is a tale of a BoB NYX class mothership in Molden Heath, The Mothership that today no longer roams there, the pilot that no longer has a job, or the ability to do what he did just 2 weeks ago in Molden Heath region which left everyone baffled. Thank you Kieron and CCP Internal Affairs for working so quickly to take note of the situation, I just wish the IA was there 2 months ago in Feythabolis.
I missed that. wth?

ViRGE
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 03-04-2007, 02:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Light Bulb View Post
I missed that. wth?
WTF?

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
24 - 03-04-2007, 02:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Sean View Post
But...but you wont win!

And Goons actually enjoy this game; the pack mentality only affects the way we play. We have just as much interest as Bob and have just as much a right to play. Hell, look at what we are trying to establish with the free trade zones-they are open to ANYBODY who requests admittance-not just our allies at the time. Remedial is trying to get pubbies who have never even been to 0.0 out here and seeing the other side of this game they only read about on the boards.

The only goon bs I remember from last year is that whole smokse thing, but we have quite a few logs (eve, other message boards, emails) that prove that attack was neither truely reactionary nor genuine.
Not saying we're going to win or lose at this stage of the game. Frankly I don't care if we're based out of J8 or Empire after this. Both have their merits tbh although I would miss our stations. In either case the MC will land on its feet. Small and organized has its benefits.

Sorry but when I look at the goons I see a pack of locusts going from game to game, getting their "own" on and moving on after. Nothing more. I don't see BoB as a benefactor in any stretch of the imagination but I see them as a very solid bunch of players who love the game and the player base. Goons don't give a flying rats ass about the player base. They look on as mocking outsiders.

As for the free trade stuff Remedial is spouting I can see it going one of two ways.

- It's a smoke screen for Goons to set themselves up as the next big bad guy after BoB. No more benevolent than any other aggressive alliance.

or

- It works and our PvP haven is turned into nothing but a watered down version of its former self with 0.0 turning into WoW land. F that.

I like 0.0 being gritty, nasty and fun. The Empire huggers can stay there for all I care. If they want into 0.0 they can get there. It's truly not that hard as I'm sure you are all aware of by this point. The last thing I want to see is some bozo alliance declare themselves Concord Part Deux and marshall 0.0 for the Empire kids who are too afraid to come out as it stands now.

As for the Goon BS I'll just say that when they started posting on the COAD forums they sounded like SA guys through and through. Granted Eve has its own share of tools but when an alliance pops up out of no where and their front men sound like these guys did I have zero love for'm. It's a sad thing too because when they first showed up, before they started running their mouths, I was actually pro goon. Few thousand players show up? Hell yeah. Good for Eve cash wise and new blood is always good. Then they started talking and well ... that was about it for me.

ViRGE
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 03-04-2007, 03:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDude View Post
I don't see BoB as a benefactor in any stretch of the imagination but I see them as a very solid bunch of players who love the game and the player base.
What!? Are we talking about the same BoB here? BoB hates the player base, they show nothing but contempt for the people that don't suck up to them, they treat us all like **** in a very non-RP way. Nothing would make those sociopaths happier than everyone lining up to be punched in the face, seeing as how they have 0 respect for the player base.

S0C7
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 03-04-2007, 11:40
Holy ****, Saint. Did you just say that BoB loves the player base?

Are you ****ing high?

C'mon, man. Wake up.

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
27 - 03-04-2007, 13:02
Depends on which side of the fence you're sitting on. Most of the BoB trash talking I see going on is RP'ing. Molle's and Dianabolics posts are mostly in character, at least the daily\weekly war reports. The smack talking is meant to demoralize the other side but it is indeed in character. I'll just say BoB has a vested interest in the game and its players. They might be the bad guys of Eve for the moment but they're "our" bad guys.

Goons? Goons are a bunch of outsiders and look on with just as much or more contempt so don't act like they're a benevolent bunch. They want to take over Eve just as much as BoB might. They have the numbers but not the skills yet. The smoke and mirrors of the free 0.0 is bull****. You think they'll actually let pro-BoB forces back into 0.0 afterwards? Please.

Goons think they're above Eve and its player base because they come from a self contained group. At least you know BoB and every single other alliance in game have grown up within the game. I'd rather trust the Eve player base than a bunch of outsiders any day of the week.

Should BoB lose and Goons start taking over the world I'll bump this thread to remind you that you fought along side these knuckle draggers. The ONLY reason my alliance is even involved in this side taking crap at the moment is because someone from the Coalition had the bright idea to hit our assets. Believe me, this was one **** storm we didn't want to be involved with because of all the flame wars on both sides.

Helado
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
28 - 03-04-2007, 13:23
Yes, we should absolutely continue the trend of feudalism and slave corps paying worship to the high SP players. Give me a break, your post reeks of elitism.

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
29 - 03-04-2007, 13:48
.... and on the flip side we can cater to all the carebear\WoW players and completely water down PvP with Goons being the Concord of 0.0. No thank you.

And dude, you do realize that the BoB "pet corps" that you guys call them are hardly slaves. Have you actually talked to a Fix or Xelas member? I've been in Xelas once and there was absolutely zero *****ing about the landlords. Fix are a good bunch of guys and I have yet to hear them ***** a single time about BoB. Neither of these alliances are worshiping BoB. They have a good arrangement that works for them. The would be liberators, if they had a clue, would realize this. If these alliances felt subjugated at all do you honestly think they wouldn't jump at the chance to switch sides? I mean honestly, think about that.

Think about this also. 0.0 opens up to the "public" ... who will own all those stations down there? Goons? There is a hell of a lot of isk to be made in 0.0 if you're a station owner especially in open to the public 0.0. If you think Goons are looking at this purely from a benevolent stand point I'll buy you guys a round.

I'm honestly very surprised that Twar members, knowing what SA is like, are actively supporting them. I'm further surprised that this time last year (give or take) much of Eve disliked the Goons but now are ok again? It's like saying Orbital is less of a tool this year than last. Unpossible!

FWIW I'm not so much Pro-BoB as anti-goon. I don't like their style, tactics or their community within a community attitude. Meh ... nuff ranting from me.

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
30 - 03-04-2007, 13:55
I'm not fighting BoB because I'm pro goon. I surely hope you aren't serious in thinking that.

Evil Light Bulb
VeteranX
Old
31 - 03-04-2007, 14:00
I don't think that many people are saying the Goons are OK.

The very heart of this war is entirely:
BoB treats the rest of Eve like ****, roleplay or not they do
Arrogant ****ers have benefited greatly from dubious methods (Delve wealth/Devs etc etc Barry Bonds effect)
Dev reprimands came across as 'light'
Eve player base said, "**** this," and are going to try and correct the situation
Goons don't care what other people think about them, BoB lives on it and after all is said and done the biggest reason for Goon hate (the player death jokes (metagame)) vs the biggest reason for BoB hate (ingame abuses) well take your pick on which one hurts Eve the most

After the war most of the TW members will probably go back to shooting goons. 0.0 isn't going to be a happy lala place outside of established 'safe zones.'

and like you said, most people aren't Pro-RAGoon so much as Anti-BoB. Most don't like their style, tactics or their community above a community attitude.

and you didn't play Tribalwars? The whole thing is very similar to Goons in Eve except the rest of the players will actually have a chance against goons if that time comes :F

K-34 FTW

Last edited by Evil Light Bulb; 03-04-2007 at 14:04..
Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
32 - 03-04-2007, 14:55
i'm only shooting BoB cause Vlasic asked me really nicely to do so.

Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 03-04-2007, 15:10
There is a 100% chance that we will be resetting standings to goonswarm after this war.

There's also a 50% chance that we'll be resetting standings to the rest of EVE as well.

Phalanx
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
34 - 03-04-2007, 15:20
there's a 100% chance my pants are off RIGHT NOW

ViRGE
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 03-04-2007, 15:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code4 View Post
I'm not fighting BoB because I'm pro goon. I surely hope you aren't serious in thinking that.
Exactly, none of us are pro-Goon(except the Goon), but getting rid of BoB is of higher priority.

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
36 - 03-04-2007, 16:09
I'm all for the world saying "**** it, they're going down" but when the dust settles whats next. Either BoB will remain standing and nothing will change or the Goons will take over and imho they'll be the worse of two evils. I said this last year and I still stand by this. If ASCN had actually fought back and kicked BoB in the nuts I wouldn't have blinked. I don't trust the Goons as far as I could throw them however.

I seriously hope you're right about the 0.0 not being a happy fun zone. That would suck beyond belief especially as a merc. No shooty shooty = no contracts and cookies.

Glad to see most of you guys are still sane enough to dislike the Goons.

Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 03-04-2007, 17:03
0.0 will be our happy fun zone because shooting people is fun and makes us happy.

Evil Light Bulb
VeteranX
Old
38 - 03-04-2007, 17:07
If anything there will be MORE shooty opportunities after this war qh imho qft. Right now there is cause for polarization but after BoB is gone (or everyone else is) you'll have at least 2 major sides going bew bew at each other and many other tiny splinters wanted to lodge themselves into the eyes of their former enemies. This Threeway all holes filled **** will turn into an orgy.

No doubt MC may see some money thrown their way :]

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
39 - 03-04-2007, 17:31
We can only hope. Let Sel know if there's anyone you wanna smack silly after this is all over.

Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 03-04-2007, 17:41
bob cares so much about the eve playerbase that they hack into TS servers and kick everyone out.

Sorry, saint, but you've pretty much relegated yourself to fanboi status.

They care about winning eve, and don't care about the average joe blow at all.

Page 2 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page So, What did I miss?

Social Website Bullshit