I'M BACK

Afterimage

Contributor
Veteran XX
...now what? Figure business is slow right now and then we've got the holidays... what should I start blowing up first? How do I gently get introduced into PvP? What level should I be at before I do such a thing?

:sunny:

Afterimage aka Sepal or Migaeli

For PvP, train Minmatar frig 3, get a mwd, and get propulsion jamming. Buy a rifter, fit tackling gear on it, and come out on an op with us.

I'm on it.

edit: I've got a Caracal, can that be used? I'm not new but I've forgotten alot. I've really decided I need to do whatever it takes to get up & running in PvP since it seems that's where all the fun is. I hope I don't have to spend my life getting to that point, though. I can only spare a couple of hours a day, on average.

edit2: Bought a rifter, already had prop. jamming, training to MF 3, already got a MWD. WTF is tackling gear?

Last edited:
tackling rifter:
3x 250mm arty with emp
1x standard missile
mwd, web, 2 point scram
nano, cap power relay, rcu/nano/cpr/istab

Use the MWD to get within 7km, turn on web @ 10km, scram at 7.5km, orbit and pew pew while your buddies pound the crap out of him. Should be able to perma-run the mwd. If he's not packing smartbombs you can orbit closer.

edit: Just fly what you can afford to lose. If losing a caracal means you can't replace it, probably shouldn't fly it. That's the nice thing about tackling frigs, they're almost always useful, cost pennies, and insure for almost full cost. That and they're damn fun to fly. Some of the funnest times I had in eve were burning towards D2/BoB 200km sniper fleets, get there with shields gone and just get the tackle on one before they were able to warp off. :]

Last edited:
Back