taking wow (and mmo's) too far

Ok. Maybe it's an age thing. But that just sounds, sad. Maybe I'm missing some kind of double-reverse sarcasm.
Is the reason you continue to care about what people do privately because you feel ashamed of how you spend your time or something?

why do you care so much about yang ping and the reason he hasn't slept in 2 days because he's slaying a dragon? Go outside and direct some of that attention of yours towards your own life dude.

Last edited:
Honestly, not unless they ask me. I personally don't like being given advice I didn't ask for and I assume my friends don't either.

understandable. i picked poor analogies. i meant more along the lines of: if you see a friend making poor decisions, do you intervene?

hey, it's perfectly possible too that you dont consider the people that you spend 3-6 hours raiding with, 4 to 7 times a week, your friends.

the article is relatable to many people, and it's also not relatable many other people.

@pagy-

i dont know you, i dont care about you, just as i'm sure you dont care about me.

now, if i spend 3-6 hours, 3-7 times a week, playing basketball, playing poker, playing chess, surfing, prancing around in azeroth with you, i typically would consider you a friend. because if you're not, then why the fuck am i putting up with your ass for that much time? oh, that's right, you're here to help me get loot, now pay attention, stop going afk, and cure the curse faster ya noob.

again, if the article dont relate to you because you aren't like that, dont know people like that, dont care about people like that, why are you so defensive?

I don't see how many hours a day people play a game is anyone's business except those involved.

There's no doubt that some people become anti-social and spend too much time infront of their computers to be healthy, but I fail to see how why anyone should care.

I would work during the summer, so during college I could play many long stints. When i had to study, i studied. When I felt like going out, i went out. The truth is, many people assume that a game makes you addicted and somehow pulls you away from "real life" when in truth many people didn't have a "real life" before the game. Some people are introverted, some people don't get along with people, and some people don't have huge circles of friends.

To make things short, people need to stop using a personal and subjective interpretation of "normality" when looking at other people that may just be different from you and have less important things to worry about.

I play a fraction as much as i used to, and i never felt i didn't have a choice as to when i should play more or less. I know that if i had a job(at the time) and a family and more of my closer friends living near me i probably wouldn't play at all.

Look at this stupid shit spewing from Pagy's mouth. Does this guy EVER say anything of any worth on these forums?

:D

ben reed i would bear your children if only i had the cast iron uterus strong enough to develop your seed

Well, it might be pertinent to note that it was 70 days /played in 1 year.

Which would be 140 days had he been playing since release.

Which isn't far-fetched for a character in a t3 guild.

I have 85 days /played since release. Then again I work 50+ hours a week most weeks and if that wasn't the case I'd have considerably more time put in.

i completely agree with the article. after playing for about 100 days i now believe MMO's are the dumbest invention on this earth. people who play seriously give up either 1 of 3 things: 1. job, 2. school, 3. social life. and no, you can't balance all 3 if you're serious about life, im sorry i cant believe you idiots who say you can balance everything, cuz every time i log on you're the type of person that's always online. sure it may be just your social life, or it may be that you're just putting of school, or it may be that you're putting off your job. but there is no time for 5-6 hours a night of fucking VIDEOGAMES if
you're serious about life whatsoever. and if you believe that there is room for that in today's modern society, you're a fucking dumbass. unless of course your a spoiled bitch whos father owns a major corporation that you dont have to go to school to take over (there are plenty of those little spoiled fucks out there... youll find that most of them do stupid shit with their time such as play WoW)

i can't believe the game had me hooked enough to become that much of a fucking loser to spend 6 hours a night raiding for some bullshit ass "item" that marginally improves my "character".

now i just look down on anyone that plays and thinks they are the shit, cuz i know exactly where their white ass is coming from, and i can safely say if you are a hardcore raider, i would not want to even associate with you IRL. i cant even believe i let myself fall into that bullshit. i cant believe i listened to these people over vent who took this game MORE SERIOUSLY than their real lives. its ridiculous. ive seen people get extremely emotional, either with anger, or sadness, over this stupid fucking videogame. its ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. and now i fucking laugh at it.

i mean imagine if a beautiful female walks into your dorm room as your screaming such GAY bullshit over ventrillo! ROFL

come on GUYZZ LETZ GO PLAY WORLD OF WARRCRAFT!!! WHEE!! OH MY GAWD THE SUPRESSION AURA GET IT DOWN ROGUES GET THAT DOWN> CAST YOUR HOLY SHOCK ON THE OPPONENET OH MY GOD.

tribes was fucking godly compared to this game.

Last edited:
I raid 3-4 nights a week and go to college, have a job, in a band, have a real life and i'm the raid leader of the guild, it's not that hard to balance if you aren't a retard

bull fucking shit. your guild must suck if you're the raid leader and you only log on 3-4 nights a week. unless you guys raid UBRS or something.

I also have a job, go to shool, and raid seven days a week. It's not impossible. It's not even hard. It's quite sad that this guy has grown as old as he is and still can't be resposible for himself. It's not Blizzard's fault that he's not mature enough to manage his time wisely.

ok, so you have a job and go to school. lets say you have school from 9am-2pm. then work from 3pm to 6pm. so im assuming you come home and raid from 7pm-1am right? sounds like a great life you got man. i sure wouldnt want to live it.

Last edited:
I'm not their fucking mom. If they want to play 8 hours a day (I have in the past), then more power to them. They find it fun, or they wouldn't do it. What am I supposed to say? "I realize you're having fun PvPing, but log off and go find something else to do... because... it's... er... better for you?"

Seriously, shut the fuck up.

wah wah fucking wah. it's clear that your ass is in denial and that WoW addiction is a touchy subject with your ass, maybe because, you're fucking addicted? lawl. and p.s. no one asked you to say anything, so keep your fucking mouth shut. loll.

Last edited:
To make things short, people need to stop using a personal and subjective interpretation of "normality" when looking at other people that may just be different from you and have less important things to worry about.

i dont have a problem with nerds who play videogames instead of having healthy IRL relationships, but the problem arises when these nerds get all high and mighty and think they are somehow better than everyone else because they put more time into a videogame. that i laugh at, and that i make fun of.

regardless of what you think is "normal", and what i think is "normal", there is a difference between "normal" and "healthy". seeing an unhealthy, 90 lb, skinny ass pale white boy sitting on his computer 10 hours a day is not "normal" by any means, regardless of what you or any other fucking dork may think.

Honestly, not unless they ask me. I personally don't like being given advice I didn't ask for and I assume my friends don't either.

another full of shit post, jesus what is it with you socially demented wow retards

my friends always give me advice and i give them advice, and i welcome my friends' advice because it is another point of view, which is extremely valauble. i dont really like being a closed minded WoW playing anti-social idiot.

Last edited:
i completely agree with the article. after playing for about 100 days i now believe MMO's are the dumbest invention on this earth. people who play seriously give up either 1 of 3 things: 1. job, 2. school, 3. social life. and no, you can't balance all 3 if you're serious about life, im sorry i cant believe you idiots who say you can balance everything, cuz every time i log on you're the type of person that's always online. sure it may be just your social life, or it may be that you're just putting of school, or it may be that you're putting off your job. but there is no time for 5-6 hours a night of fucking VIDEOGAMES if
you're serious about life whatsoever.

He speaks the truth. Time is a very linear and eternal commodity. You cannot save it, store it, put it off, it will go on whether you care or not. There is simply not enough time in the day to balance out a career, a family, a social life, working on school, and still have an extra 6 - 8 hours a day to go for "progression" in a MMORPG.

You have either one of two choices in that situation.

1. You play less and fall to the wayside of progression guilds and make due with what gear you can get in casual timeframes.

2. You sacrifice something to stay on top of game progression to get the latest, the best gear and to be firsts into and out of new content.

But again, that is your choice and no one has right to criticize or demean your choice. After all that's exactly what it is, a choice. A choice can only be wrong or right based on the one who made the choice.

tl;dr

read like half, this is the average story of some dude who can't get his priorities straight

I raid 3-4 nights a week and go to college, have a job, in a band, have a real life and i'm the raid leader of the guild, it's not that hard to balance if you aren't a retard

But again, that is your choice and no one has right to criticize or demean your choice. After all that's exactly what it is, a choice. A choice can only be wrong or right based on the one who made the choice.

yes, it is their choice, but i do have the right to criticize other people's choices, it's called freedom of speech. they can criticize me for not playing wow for all i care, problem is i'd just laugh in their face.

ok, so you have a job and go to school. lets say you have school from 9am-2pm. then work from 3pm to 6pm. so im assuming you come home and raid from 7pm-1am right? sounds like a great life you got man. i sure wouldnt want to live it.

Nice assumption, but no. I go to class at 10:00 to 1:00 every day and work from 2:00 to 5:00. I raid from 7:00 to 11:00 or so.

my friends always give me advice and i give them advice, and i welcome my friends' advice because it is another point of view, which is extremely valauble. i dont really like being a closed minded WoW playing anti-social idiot.

You're calling me closed minded? You're a fucking hypocrite.

Back