Need a Tribes OGL Historian

yes weve talked about this be'foe. i think we beat you waaaay back

edit: but maybe not.

Last edited:
yeah

we totally won DX 5-0

and then lost the next 2 maps quite badly

i was totally sad and i think i quit & rejoined 3 or 4 times after that match

then we lost to E5 after a 5-0 DX and a 3 hour 1-0 heart breaker broadside, then S3 smurfed in for the tie breaker (1 or 2 am on the east coast) and beat our asses

we were really good at DX

Last edited:
whoa you guys were still around during the tribesgala

i was w/ E|C & we totally tied the IMPERIAL ELITE on snowblind

0-0 fuck yeahhh

Yeah, all dick suckery aside. IE was amazing to watch on RD vs 5150. The LD body blocking all the HO like a fucking dance

and the 3 cap comeback on SH with like a minute left.

From some jackass named Zaccix in 2001:
In this thread (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=27762) on the TribalWar forums, Kelster (from PlanetStarsiege) mentions that he sees shoutcast ads coming now, probably because of the drop in banner revenue. (The whole "banner ads don't work" thing is actually a load of BS, but I'll save that for another time).
Now I'm not sure what thread he is referencing, so my 5 year late e-rebuttle is out of context. I do know that back in those days PSS totally started losing banner revenue. We had a good stream for a while, but things slowed down quite a bit. The internet boom was not what it used to be...

Those were also the golden days when it seemed like shoutcasting and pro gaming would be growing onward. And the same golden days where I was very idealistic about the Tribes community. It seemed plausible that new revenue streams would become possible with shoutcast audiences increasing.

Shit, I remember guys being hired by GameLoft from the shoutcast world and getting excited about that idea.

We know how history turned out though. :[

Kelster said:
From some jackass named Zaccix in 2001:

Now I'm not sure what thread he is referencing, so my 5 year late e-rebuttle is out of context. I do know that back in those days PSS totally started losing banner revenue. We had a good stream for a while, but things slowed down quite a bit. The internet boom was not what it used to be...

Those were also the golden days when it seemed like shoutcasting and pro gaming would be growing onward. And the same golden days where I was very idealistic about the Tribes community. It seemed plausible that new revenue streams would become possible with shoutcast audiences increasing.

Shit, I remember guys being hired by GameLoft from the shoutcast world and getting excited about that idea.

We know how history turned out though. :[

Actually I don't know, because that's about the time when I moved on to college (i.e. totally abandoned the Tribes world except for the occasional TW post). What happened?

Hah in the last few weeks I have played T:V with a few of my teammates, even that version of tribes is more fun that BF2. It is just so open, fast and well you just feel more free in that game than any other game.

yeah for some reason i got bored of bf2 really quick

only so much you can do on the ground

ie. spec ops tossing c4s or at'ing :-/

i hated the vehicles aside from the tank

lol predictit

i was so bad at that

bf2 was fun when it first game out but after a season or two of CAL it just got old. too slow. and retarded cone of fire

this thread makes me want to play again...

I don't care what you guys say about nutz. I had a great time when I was with them. 3 scrims a night, I had no life I thought it was great :)

Back